Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas--a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption, where film stars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangsters. Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighbourhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Special Edition will feature an introduction and a look at events leading up to the events in San Andreas. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Special Edition will have 3 DVD's, one for the game and one disc for each feature. It will only be for the PlayStation 2.
Drive, eat, shoot, recruit—these are some of the things you can do in the world of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. You perform missions given to you by your "homies" to earn respect and cash that will lead you to find out who killed CJ's mother. You eat to keep your health up; keep your strength up and avoid getting fat at the gym; recruit gang members; avoid the police; get hair cuts, threads, and tattoos to look cool; gamble at the casino; etc. You get to decide what you want CJ to look like—pink hair or not. In San Andreas, there are three cities to explore instead of just one so you are free to wander.
- Play through the entire state of San Andreas, Las Venturas(bases off Las Vega), San Fierro(San Francisco) and Las Santos(los Angeles). Including vast forests, countrysides and desert.
- Get tattoos, make modifications to your car, eat, work out and even recruit gang members.
- Ridable bicycles with pedals, the harder you hold X, the faster you go. Including BMX's and Mountain Bikes, police also have Police bikes.
- You can hold 2 weapons at once now, for twice the firepower. Also, double that again when you can have up to 4 people in a drive-by shooting.
- Drive ATV's, Quadbikes, Tractors and even a Monster Truck. Linerunners now have Trailers, including Tankers.
- Carl can now swim, along with lots of other new additions to keep it realistic. You can also smoke, roll and talk to other pedestrians.
- New stats for Muscle and Fat levels, even a handy new Stamina bar added to the HUD.
- All new weapons, including objects used in everyday life are put to good use, Shovels and Fire Extinguishers can be used as weapons.
- Highlighting the action in the days before the story in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas begins, The Introduction is told from various characters' viewpoints, which are intertwined together to reveal the network of organized crime forces operating throughout the state of San Andreas. Tension builds as threats are carried out, stakes are raised and communication breaks down. In Los Santos, a drive-by shooting in Grove Street Family's territory ignites a series of events to be further explored in the game.
- Sunday Driver is an all-access documentary film chronicling the Compton/Watts chapter of California's low rider car club, The Majestics. A cutting edge and uncompromising film, Sunday Driver is an evolution of the Rockstar brand into film. Directed by Carol Strong, the documentary offers an incredible portrait of a community working together to build the ultimate customized vehicles while struggling to legitimize their lifestyle under close scrutiny by the authorities. With an upfront look at the men behind the chrome, Sunday Driver explores the origins of the Majestics' car club and, by using first person interviews, explains what it means to be a Majestic. Dedicated to creating the definitive modified automobile, The Majestics come together to help each other realize their dreams.
 Hardware Requirements
8MB PS2 Memory Card required
Saves; 400 KB minimum
Analog Control Compatible: analog sticks only
Vibration Function Compatible