God of War: Ascension User Reviews
- Generation-defining graphics
- Some excellent setpieces and boss battles
- Refined combat system adds more depth
- Weak story
- Rage-meter linked to combos
- Punishing difficulty at times
- Disappointing multiplayer
I can understand people's criticisms of yet another God Of War game, as the perfect trilogy becomes a series that now includes 7 titles across 4 different platforms. Even the very best franchises can become tired over time.
Yet, on the other hand, all you need to do is look at God Of War: Ascension and you can see why Santa Monica Studios decided to give Kratos a second send-off on the PS3. The graphics engine used in God Of War III has been used once again and looks as spectacular as ever. Lighting is eerily realistic and overall the graphics are easily the most impressive you can find on a...
What you first notice when the game starts up are the amazing graphics and sounds you see and hear. This is kept up throughout the entire game making it hard to see the difference between an in-game movie and the actual gameplay at times. Next to that the storyline is unique for the God of War franchise as this is the first game where you switch between present and past at times. (mainly you play in the past)The bad:
The game art forces the PlayStation 3 to go at it's limits meaning you get the occasional lag or even weird stuff like falling through a platform while the game continues without you. (As personally seen at the Statue of Delos)
Unlike the original God of War and God of War II: Divine Retribution, the level of puzzles has gone down with each new game making them quite easy to understand taking away that part of the challenge.
Set only a few months after Kratos killed his wife and child, you wake up in the Prison of the Damned not knowing where you are. You are immediately thrown into a battle with one of the Furies and start a chase in which the Fury awakens the prison itself, Aegean the Hecatonchires. The epic feeling you get when the first infected hand comes to life or when the infected head is trying to kill you is truly amazing and cannot be traded for anything in the world.
After this the first flashback starts, which was a welcome surprise, where you get warned that the Furies are looking for you by a shad...
- Trial arch help 0
- Buy God of War: Ascension and get the God of War saga for free 1
- God of War: Ascension multiplayer co-op weapons introduced, over 10 co-op combos via 4 weapons 4
- My FINAL thoughts *spoilers* 3
- God of War: Top Ten Deaths [Infographic] 0
- Trial of arcamedes help 5
- God of War: Ascension Bosses 4
- God of War Neowiki 0
- i am looking for a double parter 0
- Glitchy? 0
- Official "I own the game" Thread 4
- All Collectibles Locations Guide 0