In Gallop Racer 2001, players assume the role of breeder, jockey, or spectator in the stands allowing them to wager on the outcome of horse races, while also building up their own stable of thoroughbreds. The gambling feature is exclusive to the American release and this game will be available in limited quantity.
The first domestic Gallop Racer title was released for the PlayStation in '99 and quickly built a very loyal following. In the Gallop Racer 2001, players can manage and assemble their own stable or simply bet on the races themselves. Players can assume the role of the breeder, the jockey, or a spectator in the stands--each role provides a unique gameplay dynamic.
- 2 Player mode: Race against a friend in neck and neck competitions.
- Authentic weather conditions: rain, snow, mud and more.
- Over 1,500 lifelike horses.
- New gambling mode.
- Breed your own stable of champions.
- Unlock Secret tracks, horses, titles, and more!