Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar match - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/92/t2004036-undertaker-vs-brock-lesnar-match/

Author:   GTS
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 7:29pm (PST)
Subject:   Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar match
-------------------------------------------

So, Undertaker is 21-1 after a poor match with Brock Lesnar.

How does everyone feel?

Author:   AgatioGanon
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 7:56pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar match
At least it wasn't Cena with his You Can't See Me Punch, but still Brock Lesnar was terrible.

Its a shame because Kane has to be Lurch rather than Masked Kane, because you'd think hearing about his brother being beaten at WrestleMania would fuel some sort of revenge fury with Kane, but no we wont see Kane get revenge for Undertaker, instead he's going to continue running around in a suit looking like Lurch.

I kind of knew the streak might end this year, and I'm rather sad the way it ended, CM Punk should of been the one to end it last year instead, in fact I would rather Triple H done it in round two.

Worst Undertaker WrestleMania ever.

Author:   Tominho
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:03pm (PST)
Disgusting.

There was not one reason for the streak to end, and not one reason for it to be ended by a part-timer.

21 years, gone - for a part-timer.

Add to the fact the actual match had about 3 weeks of build, and ended up being a pretty poor match for the standards of the two guys, and you can see why I'm pissed off with this.

Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:03pm (PST)
The match sucked, the build up sucked but maybe that's how Taker wanted to go out?

I don't agree with any arguments about it being Lesnar.

Author:   Tominho
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:07pm (PST)
If there was nobody to give the streak to, they shouldn't have given it to anybody.

Least of all Lesnar.

Author:   Gouge
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:07pm (PST)
I'm fine with it ending. Maybe it's easy for me to say that because I've never been a big Taker fan. But ending it finishes one story and progresses another. Taker's career is over. Brock's career has a new meaning.

Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:09pm (PST)
To be honest, I think Undertaker's streak should of ended with Triple H or last year with CM Punk "20 and the one", 20-1 sounds better than 21-1 IMO.

Author:   KingSpud
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:15pm (PST)
in a couple years Lesnar will laugh about how he got paid millions to end the streak lol

Author:   Winter1
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:15pm (PST)
If it had to end it shouldn't of been to Brock in an average match with a crap feud with shit build up..

It kinda makes a mockery of his classic matches with HBK.

Author:   Lazzara
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:17pm (PST)
if it's what undertaker wanted, then fair enough. kayfabe wise, lesnar's been unstoppable since losing to HHH, and he has more credibility than Shawn Michaels, HHH, and Punk.

but the build up was pretty poor. i don't think it gave us any reason to give a *bleep* about the match, and obv we can't really expect a great match from 2 part timers where one of them is almost 50 and barely on tv, and the other one is lacking of ring psychology.

but i can't really think of anything better in my head. obv cena is probably good choice, but i can't agree w/ giving people like cesaro and bray to end it- it was just going to be a curse for them.

but good job when it comes to swerve, no one really expected that.

Author:   Bri
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:21pm (PST)

Is still my reaction.

If this is what the Undertaker wanted, the fans should respect his decision. But I felt as if the streak should have remained unbroken.

It's going to be very weird to see Wrestlemania 31 not have a streak match. Clearly, the Undertaker will be retiring, so it'll be even weirder to not see him at Wrestlemania.

Author:   Gouge
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:22pm (PST)
quote Winter1
If it had to end it shouldn't of been to Brock in an average match with a crap feud with shit build up..

It kinda makes a mockery of his classic matches with HBK.
See, maybe this is me digging for meaning, but I think it's appropriate the way the streak ended in a match lke this. Since the HBK matches, Taker has noticeably deteriorated more and more, which has been showcased. First thing I thought of was him collapsing after his match with Triple H, which was never really harped upon after it happened. But it adds to the story that Taker is mortal and his body is losing the battle of time. Commentary kept pointing in this match how Taker simply could not keep up with Brock, being on his back for over 5 minutes at one point.

After Taker's matches with HBK, it was clear he was still one of the best in the company - win or lose. After this match with Brock, it's clear his career is finished.

I dunno if this was all intentional. I'm not sure if WWE is capable of drawing and keeping to a story for that long. But I do think Taker is.

Author:   The Wraith
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:31pm (PST)
Pathetic.

I don't even watch wrestling anymore but this is a sad day. I think somebody said "seeing 'Taker lose at Wrestlemania is like watching your dad get beat up"

Its getting people talking(hell I haven't posted here in years) but this... is not right. Very displeased.

Author:   Slim Jim
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:33pm (PST)
quote Gouge
I dunno if this was all intentional. I'm not sure if WWE is capable of drawing and keeping to a story for that long. But I do think Taker is.
Given the drop in his level between last year and this (go back and watch how slowly he does the clothesline into the corner followed by big boot), maybe it was a conscious choice to appear that much weaker because it was easily the biggest drop in his condition year on year since HBK #1. But I feel that's probably reading too much into it and more likely he realised this was his final year because he couldn't get back up to the level he had been at, and that's why he had them end it now.

And it HAD to be ended, it gives closure to his career and everything. I know people think it would have been nice or an honour or whatever to keep it unbroken but how else do you end his career? "Oh, I beat this Main Event guy so I'm clearly still one of the best in the world but I'm retiring now"? Nah. Undertaker had to be broken. Tie Bearer into the closure story if you really want. Last year the 'spirit' of HOF Bearer got him through, just, or whatever but finally this year the juice ran out.

When it happened, obviously like everyone I was shocked but I don't think there's any reason to be angered by it. The build up to it was disappointing, yes. Seeing 'Taker looking like a shell of himself was disappointing but kind of made the story work. Lesnar is part-time... so? You obviously either give it to someone already established or you give it someone that isn't... the second choice is a huge risk. Imagine they give it to Roman Reigns and he burns out in a year or two. Now they have something they can add to Lesnar's insane resume. It helps Lesnar and it helps anyone that faces him down the line. Even if he goes on to only appear at Mania, he can claim Mania as his stage now. It's not as big a deal (nothing will be because no one will ever match the streak) but you can still sell something on challenging the guy that defeated the streak until Lesnar loses at Mania again.

Author:   StraightedgeXSavior
Date:   Apr 06, 14 at 8:33pm (PST)
No, should have stayed intact. No one thought Taker would ever lose at Wrestlemania. No one. Build up for the match was shit, and so was the match. Taker should have stayed undefeated forever. Would have been great for his career. Sure, 21-1 is amazing, but, 22-0 is awesome to tell in years down the road or even when he gets inducted into the HOF and when he passes away. Won't be the same seeing Taker 21-1.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.