Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Jake Roberts Claims He Is Going To Win The Royal Rumble 2014! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/92/t1856931-jake-roberts-claims-he-going-to-win-royal-rumble-2014/

Author:   Metallica
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 6:34am (PST)
Subject:   Jake Roberts Claims He Is Going To Win The Royal Rumble 2014!
-------------------------------------------
Following his marvelous physical transformation in recent months, Jake "The Snake" Roberts is eyeing one more run with the premiere wrestling organization in the world, the WWE.

The legendary wrestler, who has gotten sober and lost 65 pounds with assistance from Diamond Dallas Page, revealed in an interview filmed earlier this month that his 2014 goal is to compete in next year's 30-Man Royal Rumble Match and win the annual affair."It's great to be alive, it's great to be clean and sober.

My life has changed so much, I've lost 65 pounds. I'm in better shape now than I was in 1992. I feel wonderful. I had shoulder surgery, so I just gotta rehab a little bit more," Roberts revealed to Bill Apter of 1Wrestling.com.He continued, "I'm going to give you a little secret I'm going to lay out just for you, Bill. My plan, whether they like it or not, is to be in the Royal Rumble next year.

I want to do it. Not only do I want to do it, but I want to win that son of bitch. To come from where I came from, with all the problems that I had, I'm inspiring people to get healthy, to get right, to get sober, to get clean, because you don't have to give up. I wanted to give up for a long time. I quit living. And I'm back and enjoying the shit out of it."
I am actually speechless lol.

Author:   Gouge
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 6:41am (PST)
Subject:   re: Jake Roberts Claims He Is Going To Win The Royal Rumble 2014!
Jake, Hall and DDP all making surprise Rumble appearances would be amazing. Hope it happens.

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 7:08am (PST)
quote Gouge
Jake, Hall and DDP all making surprise Rumble appearances would be amazing. Hope it happens.
No no no no no no no no no.

DDP yes.

I don't want Roberts or Hall anywhere near a ring, WWE or elsewise.

Author:   GTS
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 7:12am (PST)
quote DjedwardSmith
quote Gouge

DDP yes.

Yeah I don't want them two has-beens anywhere near the WWE either. They've had their shot, time to just move on.

Author:   The Voiceless
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 7:23am (PST)
Kind of disagree. Where I don't know about Scott Hall, it sounds like Roberts is making one hell of a rehabilitation. Would go on to show how the WWE appreciates the old stars cleaning up, if they had him back in top form. Has-been or not, he's put a lot of work into this and should be able to pay his dues.

Author:   Disenchanted
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 7:37am (PST)
I dunno what the issue with them making a rumble cameo is to be honest lol. Yeah I wouldn't want them coming back for a full time run but the one off cameos are part of what makes the rumble so fun.

Author:   Oogity_Boogity_Boo
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 7:55am (PST)
quote DjedwardSmith

DDP yes.

Are you saying this in a spiteful way, or in concern for them? I don't want to see Hall do anything either with how many heart problems he's had and all that, but it sounds more like you're against them.

I think it'd be awesome for Roberts to make a Rumble cameo. Obviously another run isn't plausible or wanted from either party (I would imagine), but a Rumble cameo where he comes in, DDTs some dudes, then gets thrown out would be great. It's the perfect ending to the story in the most Heroes Journey/Joseph Cambellian of ways.

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 8:02am (PST)
Jake should get in, eliminate some people only to have DDP enter as 30 and throw him out

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 8:03am (PST)
quote Oogity_Boogity_Boo
quote DjedwardSmith

DDP yes.

Are you saying this in a spiteful way, or in concern for them? I don't want to see Hall do anything either with how many heart problems he's had and all that, but it sounds more like you're against them.

I think it'd be awesome for Roberts to make a Rumble cameo. Obviously another run isn't plausible or wanted from either party (I would imagine), but a Rumble cameo where he comes in, DDTs some dudes, then gets thrown out would be great. It's the perfect ending to the story in the most Heroes Journey/Joseph Cambellian of ways.
Definitely not spiteful, mixture of concern and no desire to see them drag their way through a match, even a rumble spot where they get a small pop and then injure themselves when being thrown over the top.

We'll call it the Jerry Lawler scenario. Nobody wants to see him wrestle because not only is he awful and dull, but there's also serious concerns for his wellbeing.

Author:   M_N_M48060
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 8:04am (PST)
I would love to see Jake come down and get his moment. He could stick in the ring for about ten minutes or so and then get knocked out by an up and coming heel to give the younger guy some heat.

Author:   CAGarber
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 9:29am (PST)
there's always those headscratcher entrants in the rumble...

Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 9:32am (PST)
I don't want to see Jake Roberts waste a Rumble space on someone who deserves to have a cameo. Even a Godfather 2013 esc appearance, though would be funny, wouldn't be worth it.

Author:   The Voiceless
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 9:50am (PST)
Right, agreed. Who wants to see a legend waste a spot when there are much better candidates? C'mon, Jinder Mahal, Curt Hawkins, Primo, Epico... these are the guys that need to shine!

Author:   Gouge
Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 10:12am (PST)
quote G T S
quote DjedwardSmith
quote Gouge

DDP yes.

Yeah I don't want them two has-beens anywhere near the WWE either. They've had their shot, time to just move on.
A surprise one-off Rumble appearance hardly counts as a "shot".

Date:   Apr 26, 13 at 10:16am (PST)
quote The Voiceless
Right, agreed. Who wants to see a legend waste a spot when there are much better candidates? C'mon, Jinder Mahal, Curt Hawkins, Primo, Epico... these are the guys that need to shine!
I'll throw you a bone, I'd rather Jake Roberts than Zack Ryder.

And Gouge technically it is a shot..a shot at the main event at WrestleMania.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.