Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: British Wrestling back on TV - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/92/t1837327-british-wrestling-back-on-tv/

Author:   Boyd
Date:   Mar 03, 13 at 4:50pm (PST)
Subject:   British Wrestling back on TV
-------------------------------------------
While I was watching WrestleTalkTV there news ticker mentioned British Wrestling will be back on TV 31st March on Challenge TV.

There is no mention of an organisation and I can't see anything thing else about the news on the Internet.

Thoughts?

Author:   Gouge
Date:   Mar 03, 13 at 7:33pm (PST)
Subject:   re: British Wrestling back on TV
I could have sworn I saw a thread elsewhere a week or so ago that said they were planning to air some old World of Sport tapes on Challenge. I didn't really look into it much seeing as I'm not British so I could be way off on that one.

Author:   Slacker
Date:   Mar 03, 13 at 10:37pm (PST)
Why isn't there a popular British promotion? It seems like the demand is there, the WWE sells out every time they go there and there have always been talented wrestlers from the UK since forever. It seems to me like it should be a no brainer. Even a WWE UK might be cool, have a UK title and maybe even bring back the European title and have them do house shows there and a weekly show like Raw and SD! that is only aired over there with local talent. Like an NXT, but for England.

Author:   Disenchanted
Date:   Mar 04, 13 at 2:01am (PST)
The Indy scene over here is thriving I just don't think there'd be the demand for a big organisation doing shows every week. At the moment the companies around do monthly shows and travel around so people don't get too sick of it but I think one company doing something weekly would probably fail.

Author:   Yogurt
Date:   Mar 04, 13 at 6:24am (PST)
They could probably do a small loop of places to go, maybe for a few months and then move. London area, Birmingham area, Manchester/Liverpool and maybe one other area. In each area just go to a few arena's weekly so each arena only has like one show every 3 weeks or month or even 2 weeks. Or just stay in one area and do it or just stay in one sole arena which would obviously cost less and take less time. I'm not sure a weekly one would hold up good numbers all the time, depending on the area and the time of year, I'm sure sometimes it would get really good numbers especially if some of the main roster come over like Regal for example (and do commentary on this instead of NXT). I think it would be a good idea.

Author:   Metallica
Date:   Mar 04, 13 at 7:34am (PST)
Sounds good, be nice to see more British wrestling back on TV. Kind of wish SKY never got rid of the wrestling channel.

Author:   Winter1
Date:   Mar 04, 13 at 8:28am (PST)
It would be nice to see a British company at ROH or early TNA level with ok production values.

Author:   Taker4ever
Date:   Mar 04, 13 at 10:16am (PST)
I strongly suspect that Challenge have just purchased the old 'World of Sport' catalogue. Aside from showing Impact they do primarily show old repeats of TV programs and so that would be in keeping with their usual output.

Author:   Audacity
Date:   Mar 04, 13 at 4:30pm (PST)
I'm not too clued up on it, but if you're ever in Glasgow there's Insane Championship Wrestling which is meant to be phenomenal. I'm on another forum where hardcore wrestling fans who love WWE post, and they go to see ICW. I kid you not they say it's the best thing they've ever seen. Some real talent there, apparently. Never been myself but might change that soon.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.