Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Miz's Face Turn - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/92/t1801357-mizs-face-turn/

Author:   The Living Angelus
Date:   Dec 04, 12 at 10:35pm (PST)
Subject:   The Miz's Face Turn
-------------------------------------------
As a fan of his since his Miz/Morrison days and even more during his "Whose the Jannetty" feud and singles career departure, so far, I've been into it. Always thought after years of being a heel, he could make the switch and pull off a good face role. But Holy Crap, Punk completely annihilated him on RAW and when a clearly flustered Miz retorted back with "No, but your Mom does.... ooooooohhhhh!!!!!" I *bleep*ing cringed, I cringed really hard.

Thoughts on Miz as a face.

Author:   Ajax
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 12:15am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Miz's Face Turn
I'm not feeling it, but then again I'm not a fan of the Miz.

His mom joke was on par with his "We apologise he's a really really really big walrus." line.

Do he and Cena get their jokes written by the same 6 year old?

Author:   Kid Clutch
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 12:34am (PST)
All I watched so far from him was his Miz TV segment with John Cena on SD!, but if he really said that.. lol.

I had high hopes for Miz as a face too, mostly since I wasn't riding his dick as much as others during his heel stint. Point blank I wasn't a fan of him then. He came across as over the top sometimes but I still respected his work ethic in making himself stand out.

I hope he finds his niche soon, because all these rising much-more-natural-at-being-heel stars are getting pretty tedious, and some of them will end up getting the short end of the stick sooner than later. You'd think a wrestler today would've taken notes from Rock or something by now.

Author:   StraightedgeXSavior
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 2:59am (PST)
Right now his face turn is kinda bland. But there is nothing they can really do with him I think. After this feud with Punk and Ryback. I say they push Miz up to have him face Punk for the title for a little if Punk retains the title from his current feud.

Author:   Aguila
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 3:26am (PST)
I'm sure he can work as a face (but I will never take him seriously, whatever his disposition), but the cookie-cutter "good guy pandering to the crowd and making terrible jokes" really doesn't help his cause.

But I've never liked him and I doubt I ever will. Each to their own, though

Author:   Smell The Chiken
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 5:24am (PST)
I thought he was okay, but then again I've been a Miz fan since before he was in the WWE. I think if he can just play up being a d-bag to heels like he was a d-bag to faces, then he can pull it off. And I did laugh at the "Your Mom" joke, just because Miz's own reaction was as it was amazing, like some Alpha d-bag.

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 5:38am (PST)
It's piss easy to generate heat as a heel but it's very difficult to get cheers as a face based off of promos which is why he's resorting to cheap gags for cheap laughs from children as they're the easiest way to at least get some reaction from the crowd.

Author:   Yogurt
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 5:58am (PST)
It's been okay.

Author:   Fifth Column
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 8:13am (PST)
I'm just loving seeing him work as a face in his matches, honestly. After winning at WM27, he had pretty much gone as far as he could with his heel gimmick and it showed with him floundering for the past year and a half. Of course the face turn is going to start off slow with a lot of cheap pandering to the fans, but let him settle into it. Dude was a heel for about six years straight, once he catches his stride I'm sure things will seem more natural. Although tbh I'm such a mark he could keep sucking it up for months to care and I wouldn't care as long as he's back in the main event.

Author:   Lazzara
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 8:45am (PST)
Hasn't been that terrible, but he's heading to Sheamus/ Cena path of being a face. You know, pandering to what the fans want to hear rather than being an actual good guy.

Author:   Kid Clutch
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 9:37am (PST)
quote DjedwardSmith
It's piss easy to generate heat as a heel but it's very difficult to get cheers as a face based off of promos which is why he's resorting to cheap gags for cheap laughs from children as they're the easiest way to at least get some reaction from the crowd.
And I think that's the problem. A lot of these guys in the back end up settling. "yeah I'm gonna work my craft on being the biggest jackass the WWE has seen"

yeah well, get in line buddy. Then people wonder why WWE are doing these short-stop pushes or whatever the IWC likes to call em. People wonder why certain past World champions end up as midcarders. Here's the newsflash, that's not on the creative team.. that's not even on Vince. It's on the oversaturation of heel acts through the roster.

Management would love to capitalize on the potential of these guys, but to do it they have to set certain guys to the back of the barn for a bit.

Being a great babyface will earn you bigger points on the ranking scale because there's a smaller pool of workers to push through.

When it comes to Miz he has a lot to work with. He can cut 20-minute promos.. he can hold his own on the mic with the best of them. So this face run is where he should look into capitalizing and pushing himself through new heights. He has his own show now, he has more than the platform he needs to make it. Just pray that he does.

Author:   Taker4ever
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 9:39am (PST)
I thought the delivery of the 'Your Mum does' line was pretty funny because of the way he followed it up with the 'Ohhhhhhh!', you could tell he was just trolling Punk rather than genuinely verbally sparring with him.

Walrus stuff was cringe though.

#PG-Era
#Be-a-star

Author:   Metallica4ever
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 1:00pm (PST)
quote The Living Angelus
As a fan of his since his Miz/Morrison days and even more during his "Whose the Jannetty" feud and singles career departure, so far, I've been into it. Always thought after years of being a heel, he could make the switch and pull off a good face role. But Holy Crap, Punk completely annihilated him on RAW and when a clearly flustered Miz retorted back with "No, but your Mom does.... ooooooohhhhh!!!!!" I *bleep*ing cringed, I cringed really hard.

Thoughts on Miz as a face.

I say give him a chance, he may come good of it as he's not the usual mould for a face.

Truth hurtz

Author:   Soltice
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 1:14pm (PST)
Did Miz even Turn Face at all, it's like, "yeah, i quit team Punk" instant face? o__O, But yeah, Not a fan of the Miz...just really wished it was Morrison in his place instead...but his 70's Gimmick and Melina really held him back :c

needs to go back to an annoying heel

Author:   RVD1000
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 2:05pm (PST)
His inability to cut an even remotely interesting promo held Morrison back, nothing else.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.