Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: TNA (Central Series 14): Impact Wrestling Thread - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/92/t1760047-tna-central-series-14-impact-wrestling-thread/

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 6:36pm (PST)
Subject:   TNA (Central Series 14): Impact Wrestling Thread
-------------------------------------------

Central Series 14 Thread

::TNA PPV Archive::
[ 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 ]

:: iMPACT! Thread Archives ::
[ 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 ]
[ 11 | 12 | 13]

----------------------------------------

General Thread Rules: This is not a general TNA thread. Please do not post random dirtsheet articles in here. Use the rest of the forum to create topics on the individual news. This is for TNA Impact Wrestling discussion only, discussion that is based on the show itself, that you put in the time to watch and not on who wins what match by something you read on the dirtsheets. As before, this thread will also be closed once it reaches 35 pages; Continue the tradition of this ongoing series of TNA Impact Central related discussion....

Author:   The Living Angelus
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 7:01pm (PST)
Subject:   re: TNA (Central Series 14): Impact Wrestling Thread

September 13, 2012
--------------------------------------------------

(+)'s
-- Bully Ray vs. Jeff Hardy main event, getting a second chance to go to BFG against Double A. TNA getting my hopes up. Just announce it as a Triple Threat, that way Bully Ray fans are happy, Hardy fans are happy, and Aries retains, then everyone's happy.
-- That Roode/Storm brawl.
-- That botch from AJ to Kaz on the apron. Supposed to be a brainbuster? Could have been disastrous for Kaz.
-- Tara's fine ass
>turns heel on Tess and attacks her
>crowd cheers
-- LOL FAIL. Shows how over Brooke Tess is. Where the hell is the rest of the KO division?
-- Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray in the main event was much better than their main event match at the No Surrender PPV.
--------------------

(-)'s
-- That Roode/Storm brawl heading to the back and immediately they go to commercial break, come back and announce how it was stopped by officials.
-- Every time I see Hogan and Park/Abyss together, I instantly go back to Hogan saying Abyss was the next John Cena, then I instantly being laughing.
-- Hulk Hogan "Who am I to stand in the way of Jeff wanting to prove himself." Then good, stfu and get out of the ring brother.
-- Hulk Hogan in general. It's stupid/funny how he keeps demanding the venue to be locked down.
-- Brooke Hogan in general. She's going to get kidnapped by A&Es isn't she? lmao
-- Commentary in general.
-- Those *bleep*ing commercial breaks during the main event. SERIOUSLY? It went to one commercial break, came back during a pinfall attempt, then immediately went back to another commercial break all within 10 seconds of each other. *bleep*ing TNA...
-- Jeff Hardy winning the main event. Getting my hopes up TNA. inb4 Blah blah merchandise sales, inb4 blah blah Hardy had to win or the entire BFG Series would have been a waste, but whatever, cause *bleep* Jeff Hardy. #ruspect #calfzilla
--------------------

/Fin

Bonus: The last Central thread was created on September 15, 2011 and closed on September 13, 2012. Is it going to take another year to max out this series page limit again? lmao.

Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 12:36am (PST)

September 20, 2012
--------------------------------------------------

(+)'s
-- Bully Ray vs. Austin Aries main event. Sort of laughed when that one guy in the crowd touched Ray and both him and Aries said they punch him if he did it again. Then that kid with Downs did it, Ray turned around, saw who it was and just dismissed it. lol
-- Tenay plugged next week being Championship Thursday and that the TV title will be on the line. Devon wasn't mentioned, nor who is going to compete for the championship. Hmm...
--------------------

(-)'s
-- Shaq hanging out backstage. What the *bleep* was the point of him being there, just to plug his new stupid show? Who gives a shit.
-- TNA giving away James Storm vs. Bobby Roode for free on Impact, instead of building it up until Bound For Glory. Seriously TNA? These guys should not be anywhere near each other in a "match" until the PPV.
-- Gutcheck guy wasn't bad, but it's Gutcheck, therefore a waste of time.
-- Brooke Hogan again. "There's gonna be re-...there's gonna be consequences."... lmao.
-- Hulk Hogan taking up too much screen time, more than usual. Seriously, even when this bitch ain't wrestling the entire focus of the show is on himself. Eff. Off. Already ffs! I don't care about your snarling, nor do I care about your feud with those fat bikers known as A&Es.
-- I hate when Austin Aries cuts a promo. The guy borderlines being comparable to the likes of John Morrison. Stutters, half the shit doesn't make sense. There's a reason why out of ROH, Bryan and Punk made it to WWE and why Aries never did and instead works for TNA. Just saying.
-- I don't like how they're turning Austin Aries into the heel in this match between him and Hardy. Instead of building two guys at one, a new mega-heel for the company in Ray and a new top babyface in Aries, they play it safe, push Hardy as the face, and start making Aries into a tweener, which if the jealousy thing is any indication, he'll be a full heel by October's BFG PPV. What I disliked even more is how Bully Ray then pins Aries in the main event. WHAT THE *bleep* IS THE POINT of continually having Bully Ray be involved in the mix of their feud, but not be involved in the freakin match at Bound For Glory?!?! God this company is so *bleep*ing stupid.
--------------------

Bonus: And why am I still the only one talking to myself in here? 2 weeks worth of programming, only two posts. Both from myself. #sigh #loltna.

/Fin

Author:   Taker4ever
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 10:36am (PST)
Must disagree with many of the points you raised there, TLA. I still think that you look for flaws in TNA far too much while overlooking similar issues in WWE. Wrestling is a massively flawed art in many ways and if you wanted to you could pick enough holes in it to make a swiss cheese look solid. TNA has its problems, sure, but if you look at things with your fan hat on instead of your booker hat, wrestling in general becomes much more fun to watch.

I do agree on Brooke Hogan and Shaq's appearances being pointless though.

And, um, did Aces and Eights kill Joseph Park on live television?

Author:   moominneo
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 10:45pm (PST)
Agreed Taker, although TNA isn't great, it's much better than it was. But WWE isn't great either. But if you watch it as a fan of wrestling you can enjoy it

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 8:30am (PST)
You can just stop before you get ahead of yourselves with the "watch with your fan shades on to enjoy loltna". What do you think I watch with already? If I wasn't a fan of wrestling, or a fan of TNA, I wouldn't watch this shit, period. Doesn't excuse the fact TNA regularly comes up with the most dumbest storylines and the way they execute their finishes to their matches are sloppy at best. There's a reason "loltna" was invented, because of the stupid things they consistently do on a weekly basis.

What are things that I overlook in WWE? Like the time I overlooked Nash texting himself? Or the time HHH completely stole Punk's spotlight? Or how about the time when Bryan lost in 18 seconds in a *bleep*ing World Heavyweight Championship title defense at Wrestle*bleep*ingMania. Or how about the time Cody Rhodes lost the IC title that he helped re-establish just to give Big Show his "WrestleMania" moment and IC title reign. Or how about all the times Prime Time Players keep getting cheated out of a fair title match and losing their #1C spot after already earning it. I bitch about things in WWE all the time when they do stupid things I disagree with. TNA just has a lot more things I disagree with than what WWE does on a weekly basis, which is why they're ratings stink and no one even looks twice at the promotion. If that weren't the case, their PPV threads around here wouldn't reach a laughable 5 pages at best. This Central thread wouldn't go two weeks with only receiving two posts in it. I still think that you make excuses for TNA far too much.

Regarding Roode/Storm, it was a match. Wasn't a good match, but it was still a match, that ended in a No Contest because the ref threw it out. Doesn't matter if you want to call it a "brawl", a match is still a match. These two shouldn't be competing until the PPV. Could have had Roode decline the match like he was going to, Hogan could have effed off and just not been involved, Storm could have gotten pissed and started a brawl backstage. It would have gotten broken up immediately, turned into a shouting match as they got separated, but still been a nice teaser for their match at BFG. Instead, they wrestle/brawl for over 6 minutes (10 with them talking on the mic leading up to it) before the ref throws the match out. Storm going "this isn't a match, it's kicking a coward's ass match" solidifies why I thought it was dumb. He wanted revenge on Roode, and he basically got it, which shouldn't have happened until BFG. That's dumb.

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 9:33am (PST)
quote The Living Angelus
Regarding Roode/Storm, it was a match. Wasn't a good match, but it was still a match, that ended in a No Contest because the ref threw it out. Doesn't matter if you want to call it a "brawl", a match is still a match. These two shouldn't be competing until the PPV. Could have had Roode decline the match like he was going to, Hogan could have effed off and just not been involved, Storm could have gotten pissed and started a brawl backstage. It would have gotten broken up immediately, turned into a shouting match as they got separated, but still been a nice teaser for their match at BFG. Instead, they wrestle/brawl for over 6 minutes (10 with them talking on the mic leading up to it) before the ref throws the match out. Storm going "this isn't a match, it's kicking a coward's ass match" solidifies why I thought it was dumb. He wanted revenge on Roode, and he basically got it, which shouldn't have happened until BFG. That's dumb.
See this is where I think you're wearing your booker hat.

It was a brawl. Doesn't matter if it was "officially" a match or not - these guys still have unfinished business, because in wrestling, it isn't over until the better man has his hand raised in victory. Whatever we see from these guys at BFG cannot fail to be ten times better than that, which I suspect they just made up on the fly. And I thought it was effective - it showed the genuine hatred between them, that they couldn't be controlled in a normal match environment.

TNA just has a lot more things I disagree with than what WWE does on a weekly basis, which is why they're ratings stink and no one even looks twice at the promotion. If that weren't the case, their PPV threads around here wouldn't reach a laughable 5 pages at best. This Central thread wouldn't go two weeks with only receiving two posts in it. I still think that you make excuses for TNA far too much.
Come on now, TLA, we're not really going down the route of "TNA's ratings suck because they suck", are we? There are inumerable reasons why WWE gets higher ratings, let's not pretend the perceived quality of either product has much to do with it: The argument that TNA gets low ratings because their product is poor falls flat on its face when you realise they drew consistently higher ratings under Russo, putting out a product that was ripped to shreds on a regular basis by the IWC, yet their ratings have dropped under new leadership despite the IWC claiming the product has actually improved. Now, I'm not saying that some wrestling fans don't watch TNA because they don't like the product - of course it has problems, of course some people won't like it - but you've got to be realistic about the reasons they can't challenge WWE. To suggest it is all down to the product - whenever WWE is heavily reliant on John Cena to the extent they're offering house shows refunds now that he's injured - is foolishness.

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 5:57pm (PST)
Everything you posted has absolutely nothing, zero, nadda, to do with why this thread and the PPV threads in this forum receive pathetic numbers when every wrestling fan on the Internet is fully aware of TNA the company and Impact the show. It's quite simple... nobody cares. Word of mouth is why people don't look twice at it. TNA is still seen as a joke, and again, it's quite simple with the amount of stupidity that consistently is presented on their product. The off chance people do tune into a PPV and they see the dumb stuff they do, or the really sloppy finishes, they tune out. Nothing's changed for them. Doesn't have anything to do with production values and money. They have a national broadcast, they have the star power, yet it's simple facts, they have a far inferior product due to their storylines and matches themselves.

I reiterate, you make excuses for TNA far too much.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 11:05am (PST)
quote The Living Angelus
  • Dixie has her father's company in her back pocket when the Jarrett's were almost forced to declare bankruptcy. It's not Ted Turner money, but it's been well enough to keep her company afloat when it's been a sinking ship for years now.
  • You forget RAW was once on SpikeTV and TNA replaced it. They should have been able to capitalize on a network that was already familiar with airing a wrestling product. Plus TNA had UFC tie-ins too that they couldn't capitalize on either. Quite simply, fans didn't care. Tuned out.
  • Star Power: Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Hulk Hogan. Three big names synonymous with Wrestling. Add in the Dudley Boys, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Austin Aries, Magnus and more that the IWC have a hard on for. Yet nobody cares.
  • The argument that TNA is still a young company or that Dixie is new to wrestling and a naive promoter simply doesn’t hold water anymore. The company has been around for 10 years now. Dixie's been a promoter for some 20-something years as she's stated before she promoted shows while in college. That’s a long time. A very long time in this business, and yet they have failed to make any sort of impact whatsoever. Even more pathetic when for most of that existence, they've been on a nationally broadcasted cable network.
Everything you posted has absolutely nothing, zero, nadda, to do with why this thread and the PPV threads in this forum receive pathetic numbers when every wrestling fan on the Internet is fully aware of TNA the company and Impact the show. It's quite simple... nobody cares. Word of mouth is why people don't look twice at it. TNA is still seen as a joke, and again, it's quite simple with the amount of stupidity that consistently is presented on their product. The off chance people do tune into a PPV and they see the dumb stuff they do, or the really sloppy finishes, they tune out. Nothing's changed for them. Doesn't have anything to do with production values and money. They have a national broadcast, they have the star power, yet it's simple facts, they have a far inferior product due to their storylines and matches themselves.

I reiterate, you make excuses for TNA far too much.
Damn it I had a big reply typed out and my connection dropped out as I posted it

So I'll just say my main point - are you suggesting that if TNA put out a product that was generally agreed to be better than WWE, that they could actually challenge them? Because that seems to be the jist of your argument, that every problem with TNA in terms of exposure boils down to the product and nothing else.

Author:   babybuu
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 12:53pm (PST)
Well There are two types of fans!

*A normal fan.
*Hardcore fan.

and you Mr Taker4ever Fall in the second category!

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 1:22pm (PST)
quote babybuu

*A normal fan.
*Hardcore fan.

Ha, far from it! Unless you want to count every member of the IWC as a "hardcore wrestling fan". Never catch the PPVs live which I presume would be a pre-requisite

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 1:32pm (PST)
quote Taker4ever
quote babybuu

*A normal fan.
*Hardcore fan.

Ha, far from it! Unless you want to count every member of the IWC as a "hardcore wrestling fan". Never catch the PPVs live which I presume would be a pre-requisite
I never said that you're a hardcore wrestling fan. what i meant by saying that is that you're a hardcore tna fan! bcz You always criticize wwe storylines and all but tna to you is like your baby!

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 1:40pm (PST)
quote babybuu
quote Taker4ever
quote babybuu

*A normal fan.
*Hardcore fan.

I never said that you're a hardcore wrestling fan. what i meant by saying that is that you're a hardcore tna fan! bcz You always criticize wwe storylines and all but tna to you is like your baby!
I can't remember the last time I was highly critical of a WWE storyline? In fact they're doing a great job at the moment, a lot better than they were a month ago. It's just more the PG/John Cena-era that puts me off WWE at times, and three hours is too long for a weekly show.

I criticise TNA all the time when they do something I don't like. Hated the climax to the BFG series with Hardy and Ray. Brooke Hogan is just atrociously bad. A&E is a promising idea but has been dragged out for too long. Etc.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 1:44pm (PST)
Just chill! I was just joking.

Author:   Metallica
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 2:36pm (PST)
quote Taker4ever
I'm a hardcore WWE fan.

Anyway, being as I'm Mod of this forum, I'm now going to try and get in to TNA, I've been watching it on and off recently and now catching Impact on Challenge, still don't see me getting it to it as much as WWE though since I got bored of watching it the other week.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.