Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Dragonball Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, & Notices - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/t1565119-dragonball-requests-feedback-suggestions-notices/

Author:   Mishimi
Date:   Aug 11, 10 at 11:58am (PST)
Subject:   Dragonball Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, & Notices
-------------------------------------------
A couple of members asked about this over the last week, and I think it is a good idea, so I decided I would implement this now...

Post your forum related requests, feedback, and/or suggestions here please...

As a community, we all have a say in what people suggest for the forum... So I want everyone to know that the mods opinion will not out weigh anyone else, all ideas posted here will be decided upon by the majority vote, provided it does not go against any rules or anything of course....

Author:   DragonMaster Dyne
Date:   Aug 11, 10 at 3:32pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Dragonball Requests, Feedback, & Suggestions
This may sound kind of picky, but is there a way to get rid of the blue background at the top of the forum and make it white? The banner looks better when it blends in completely.

Date:   Aug 11, 10 at 11:11pm (PST)
No, that is something that is beyond my control I believe...

Author:   Old Man Zangetsu
Date:   Aug 11, 10 at 11:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Dragonball Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, & Notices
So, anyone interested in having a Header/Footer contest? A nice new fresh change in scenery here?

Author:   Shawn Yasumara
Date:   Aug 11, 10 at 11:33pm (PST)
quote Old Man Zangetsu
So, anyone interested in having a Header/Footer contest? A nice new fresh change in scenery here?
That depends,do you think anything can top what we already have?

Date:   Aug 11, 10 at 11:37pm (PST)
quote Shawn Yasumara
quote Old Man Zangetsu
That depends,do you think anything can top what we already have?

My sentiments exactly..... I like the idea of a new header/footer well enough, but the ones we have look so good, I don't know if anyone could top them.....

But, I do support the idea, for a change of pace and look around here..... We could always switch back to the header/footer we have now later in the future again, so they wouldn't be gone or lost forever....

Author:   G_O_G_E_T_A
Date:   Aug 12, 10 at 8:41am (PST)
My sentiments exactly..... I like the idea of a new header/footer well enough, but the ones we have look so good, I don't know if anyone could top them.....
I was always quite content with them as well, hence I never changed them and/or ran contests for new headers/footers. The header is a piece of "forum nostalgy" almost, as it has been around ever since I was (mid-2006), and presumably way before that. WireFrame made the footer IIRC, at the time the footer-contest was ran I supported this piece heavily, and I still do, as frankly, I think it kicks major azz...

Author:   DragonMaster Dyne
Date:   Aug 12, 10 at 1:09pm (PST)
quote G_O_G_E_T_A
The header is a piece of "forum nostalgy" almost, as it has been around ever since I was (mid-2006), and presumably way before that.
Oh yeah. The header has been around since June 2004. Six years we've had that badboy up. I remember because I was the one who ran the contest for it, haha.

And yeah; The current footer is awesome. Both are pretty kickass, so I honestly don't think a contest is needed. Besides, I'm not sure how much activity it would generate.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Aug 13, 10 at 12:24am (PST)
I love that footer. Always gives me a great chuckle so it needs to stay. I think the Header should stay too.

Usually it's nice to switch up the look of the forum every so often but with the current header and footer, I don't think it needs to. They both look great.

Now what would be cool to see is some themes. Like Loungin. Where you could have a few selections for how the forum could look.

Date:   Aug 13, 10 at 3:42am (PST)
Looks like so far the majority vote is to keep what we have, so unless people start speaking up in favor of the idea, I don't think we will be holding any header/footer contest anytime soon.....

I could go either way, so my vote doesn't really count for much.... I am fine whether we change them or keep them....

Author:   Old Man Zangetsu
Date:   Aug 13, 10 at 4:51am (PST)
Finnnneeeee >.> I like Gotenks' idea though. I like the whole theme thing in Loungin'

Maybe for the header we could have the same thing except different characters in it? So its fresh but still retains the same look. And I do agree the footer is pretty awesome.

Date:   Aug 13, 10 at 7:56am (PST)
I am actually working on the themes issue right now.... That will probably be implemented soon as I don't really see anyone opposing the idea....

Date:   Aug 27, 10 at 3:27am (PST)
Still working on the themes issue.... Seems to be taking longer than I thought... LOL

Anyways, guys, I was having a conversation on the General Mario Brothers forums general discussion thread, about the forum awards, and I got into talking about this forums awards this year, so I figured i'd post it here.... If anyone has any feedback or anything, feel free to reply....

quote Mishimi
I have some changes in store for this years awards though... It will focus only on the members, not DB related stuff..... DB gets recognition and is talked about every single day on the forum, the members themselves aren't (for obvious reasons) so the DB forum awards this year will revolve around the members that make the forum what it is..... Give them some recognition for a change....

In the past, Gogeta and Enth E Nd did both.... DB catagory awards and member awards.... I am nixing the DB category awards this year.... Besides, the SAME overall choices always win for the DB category awards for best fights and best character and so on usually, so I doubt they will be missed much....

I also thought it would be nice to hand out little "digital trophies" for the winners as well, or rather, their own Dragonball... I came up with this so far:

Uhh, yeah, my photoshop skills are crap, so if anyone wants to volunteer to make a better looking award, you can do so and post it here...

Author:   p123
Date:   Sep 02, 10 at 8:43pm (PST)
Are we going to do that questionarre thing. I want to have something here that can help this situation.

Someone comes here. Claims Freeza is 12 mil and Goku 15.

Instead of us having to explain the same issues over and over we can direct said member to the thread where they go over this kind of stuff.

Maybe my 100 questions thing was too much. Perhaps 10 questions is enough.

What is the top ten questions that you are tired of hearing?

Here's what I got....

1) Is Freeza 12 million?

2) Can King Cold transform?

3) Who's stronger Kid Buu or Super Buu?

4) Who's the strongest SSJ3 Goku , Gotenks SSj3, or Gohan?

5) Does Broly non stop increase his power?

6) FPSSJ Kid Gohan vs FPSSJ Goku

7) Is Gohan a SSJ or SSJ2 against Dabura

I dunno that's all I got for now. I think I can answer all of them perfectly in one paragraph. Should I begin?

Date:   Sep 03, 10 at 6:04am (PST)
The issue isn't how many questions we have, it's member participation.... Your thread didn't get very many replies, so unless the members actually participate, it will never get done... I think the problem is the fact these topics have already been discussed to death to the point no one wants to talk about them unless they "have" to in a debate...

Besides, no one will ever know which person to believe, everyone has differing view points and even interpretations of facts.... Not everyone will agree with any one persons answers and not any one person will be correct all the time....

Even with a thread like that the debating and issues being raised in the future will never stop... People will always argue and debate differing points of view and proof/evidence...

But, regardless of that whole issues, if you can get enough people to participate, I will list it in the thread index... I am still on board for that... But I think a thread like you want will be more difficult than you think....

And I hope you plan on posting that stuff to your thread, not in this one....

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.