Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Dragon Ball: Q & A Evolution - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/t1346962-dragon-ball-evolution/3.htm

Author:   Mishimi
Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 2:59am (PST)
Subject:   re: Dragon Ball: Q & A Evolution
-------------------------------------------
Krillin died 3 times.

Tambourine killed him in DB

Freeza killed him

Super Buu killed him

4 times if you count GT... One of the 17's killed him.

Author:   The Grimoire
Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 6:27am (PST)
Yeah and he was revived by Namek Dragonballs unless Dende granted permission Shenron to revive people more than once

Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 9:01am (PST)
Naw, Krillin was revived by Porunga in both the Freeza and Super Buu Sagas... In the Super Buu Saga, Krillin was wished back along with the entire Earths populace when Earth was wished back, and everyone Buu killed..... Except the "really really bad ones" like Babidi... LOL

I am not sure if Krillin was revived in GT at all or left dead, I forgot what happened after they defeated the dragons, but I remember they were going to wish Krillin back to life, and the evil dragons came out. Was Krillin brought back to life at the end of GT?

Author:   SSJ4BROLY
Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 9:19am (PST)
quote Mishimi
Was Krillin brought back to life at the end of GT?
No he wasn't since the last episode had Vegeta jr and Goku Jr in it but they did wish him back and then he had his little sparring session with Goku just before he left with the Shenron.

Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 9:25am (PST)
Oh, yeah, I didn't mean the last episode, I just meant the end of GT, as the Evil Shenrons were the final saga.... So they did wish him back? Ok, thanks...

Did they use Shenron or Porunga? I get confused on whether or not Dendes update of Shenron could revive a person back more than once?

Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 9:51am (PST)
I think they used Shenron to grant his wishes once last time I cant remember exactly what he wished for but it was something like restoring the earth to how is was before the shadow dragons appeared and to bring everyone back to life or something along those lines.

Author:   G_O_G_E_T_A
Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 10:08am (PST)
Did they use Shenron or Porunga? I get confused on whether or not Dendes update of Shenron could revive a person back more than once?
Shenron can restore several people at once, as long as they died under similar circumstances. Only problem is, he can only wish people back to life once. Porunga can restore people back to life more than once, but only one at a time, for example: the humans training with King Kai had to be wished back one at a time. Though Porunga's powers were upgraded though, after the crisis with Frieza it was made possible for him to restore multiple people back to life as well, him restoring Earth and its populace after Kid Buu wiped them out was the first time we saw Porunga's upgraded power...

Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 10:16am (PST)
So, how did they wish back Krillin in GT? Crappy Toei logic or what?

Date:   Apr 18, 09 at 4:46pm (PST)
Shenron wished him back. This is logically impossible though, considering he was already wished back by Shenron after being killed by Tambourine, and Shenron can only wish people back to life once. His powers were upgraded by Dende, but he wasn't granted with the abiity of restoring a life he has already restored previously. At least, not to my knowledge. So yeah, bit of a flaw there...

Author:   adamrpg
Date:   Apr 19, 09 at 7:06am (PST)
What is the order of the Kai's again?

Date:   Apr 19, 09 at 8:50am (PST)
Supreme Kai's > Grand Kai's > King Kai's

Not sure if this is what you were asking for but hope it was.

Author:   adamrpg
Date:   Apr 19, 09 at 9:23am (PST)
Yeah, that's it. I thought Grand Kais were above Supreme. Is there a level above supreme though?

Date:   Apr 19, 09 at 9:35am (PST)
Dai Kaioshin > Kaioshin > Dai Kaio > Kaio

Concerning what they oversee, there is actually some debate there left and right. I was always led to believe that the Dragonball universe used to contain 16 galaxies prior to Majin Buu's creation and subsequent destruction spree. The corresponding Kaio hierarchy goes like this:

Dai Kaioshin = overseer of the entire universe, there is only one of them, and answers to no one.

Kaioshin = overseer of a galaxy cluster. Four of these clusters exist, each containing four galaxies, which makes a total of 16 galaxies. Earth is located in the Northern galaxy of the Eastern galaxy cluster, and thus falls under control of East Kaioshin, who we became more familiar with in the Buu Saga. There are four of them, all answer to Dai Kaioshin.

Dai Kaio = overseer of a galaxy. So in each galaxy cluster, four of these Dai Kaio would exist, answering to the Kaioshin in charge of their respective galaxy cluster. So the Dai Kaio we saw in the Other World filler saga, would answer to East Kaioshin.

Kaio = overseer of a specific section of a galaxy. So North Kaio (King Kai) oversees the Northern sector of the Northern galaxy, and answers to Dai Kaio, as well as South, West and East Kaio that we also got to see in the Other World Saga.

Source: http://www.myfavoritegames.com/dbz/universe/universe.htm

HOWEVER, in the Viz translation of the manga, it is stated that North Kaio oversees the Nothern galaxy, and not just the Northern sector of the Northern galaxy. Needless to say, massive difference. Also, when you take a look at the Dragonball universe chart, it shows that there is only four Kaio planets, and thus in correspondence to the manga, only four galaxies would exist, rather than the 16 I was talking about earlier...

So what is the cause for this confusion? I really don't know, I don't even know where MFG got their info from concerning the 16 galaxies. So I would be more inclined to follow the manga, and say that there are only four galaxies, each with a Kaio in charge, with Dai Kaio as their ruler. But that would technically already cover it, if the four Kaio are overseen by Dai Kaio. What's the purpose of having four Kaioshin, much less a Dai Kaioshin who oversees even them, if Dai Kaio technically already oversees the entire universe (four galaxies and corresponding Kaio). Seems obsolete to me...

But, GOGETA wouldn't be GOGETA if he weren't to try and think up an answer for that, and he found one! Perhaps the 16 galaxies and that specific Kaio hierarchy was relevant to how the situation in the DB universe was prior to Majin Buu's creation. And after he was through rampaging and sealed away in that egg, there was so much damage inflicted to the universe, planets and maybe even entire galaxies destroyed, with their corresponding Kaioshin and Kaio killed, that the only remaining Kaioshin (East Kaioshin), now the highest authority left alive in the DB universe, opted for a universal "re-organisation" as it were...

So he formed four, much larger, galaxies, out of the mainly destroyed sixteen galaxies that existed prior to Buu's hatching. Four major galaxies with a Kaio appointed in charge of every single one of them, a Dai Kaio to oversee them, and he (East Kaioshin) himself to oversee the whole thing...

And no, this whole theory isn't confirmed in the slightest, but it does consider both situations, without making either one of them obsolete, maintaining their relevance...

Date:   Apr 19, 09 at 9:43am (PST)
Supreme Kai's = Kaioshins

Grand Kaio = Watches over the 4 quadrant Kaios.

Kaio's = King Kai, who looks over the western part of the Universe, and the other 3 Kaio's, East, South, and North.

No one is above the Kaioshins, they are the supreme gods of the DB universe and watch over both the Grand and 4 Kaios. The term "Shin" in Kaioshin is what seperates them from the normal Kaio's which could translate to Kaio Supreme.

Kaioshin (Watches over all) > Grand Kaio (Watches after Kaio's) > Kaio ("King" or overseer of their assigned quadrant)

Daio Kaioshin, the fat one absorbed by Buu was the leader of the Kaioshins, so technically he was the highest ranked and had authority over all other Kaioshins and Kaios...

Damn.... GOGETA beat me to it, and gave a much better break down of it than I did to boot.... LOL

Date:   Apr 19, 09 at 10:05am (PST)
Supreme Kai's = Kaioshins

Grand Kaio = Watches over the 4 quadrant Kaios.

Kaio's = King Kai, who looks over the western part of the Universe, and the other 3 Kaio's, East, South, and North.
You forgot Dai Kaioshin in that hierarchy order, plus, Japanese has no true plural, so Kaioshin can be either 1 or 4, you can't tell, same with Kaio. But hey, enough of my whining...

So you heard the same thing I was led to believe, the only problem is how the Dragonball universe only shows four Kaio planets, and since that chart covers the entire universe, one would conclude that only four galaxies exist. The manga supports this, by stating that North Kaio oversees the Northern galaxy, no sector thing is mentioned...

What do you think of my universal re-organisation theory though? Makes sense me personally, even though it is not factual of course by any means...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.