Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Dragon Ball: Q & A Evolution - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/t1346962-dragon-ball-evolution/11.htm

Author:   Mishimi
Date:   Oct 04, 09 at 5:06am (PST)
Subject:   re: Dragon Ball: Q & A Evolution
-------------------------------------------
It is never explained exactly, but everyone assumes it is because the inner workings of Buu just made them split.

Author:   G_O_G_E_T_A
Date:   Oct 04, 09 at 9:18am (PST)
The Potara merger is supposed to last forever under normal conditions, the normal law of physics. As Majin Buu is a magical creature, it seems that the normal law of physics don't apply within him, causing the Potara merger to abruptly split. Whats interesting though, is that Gotenks didn't cease to exist immediately, so I suppose the dance can withstand it. Unless it has something to do with Gotenks being sealed up in that pod right after being absorbed, and that somehow preserved the fusion. Could be another explanation...

Date:   Oct 04, 09 at 10:32am (PST)
Well, you can just chalk that up to the fact that the fusion dance and potara fusion are different from one another in more ways than one...

That and plot device... Of course, it's always that technically, right?

Author:   jackjack
Date:   Oct 05, 09 at 6:39am (PST)
good buu = fat kai + buff kai, am i right or wrong?

Date:   Oct 05, 09 at 7:30am (PST)
You are correct.

Welcome to the forum.

Date:   Oct 05, 09 at 9:28am (PST)
well thanks.

why does he still have the appearance of buu though?

and how strong is buff kai? because he gave kid buu some troubles, some ppl assume he is around kid buu's strength, but that fight is filler no?

Date:   Oct 05, 09 at 5:39pm (PST)
Mr. Buu is essentially just Dai and South Kaioshin, that's indeed correct. The reason he looked that way was because, after Buu absorbed Dai Kaioshin, he took on the fat form, and Mr. Buu is that same Buu, only with the evil power having left him. So his appearance remains the same, but as Mr. Buu, his power is far lower than what it was when still Fat Buu (with the evil power still present in his system)...

and how strong is buff kai? because he gave kid buu some troubles, some ppl assume he is around kid buu's strength, but that fight is filler no?
Dai Kaioshin never fought Kid Buu. In the anime, he confronted Buff Buu, but I don't recall them fighting much, Buu just absorbed him. I personally think he's the second strongest of the Kaioshin, behind South Kaioshin only, who was stated to be the strongest...

Welcome to Neoseeker btw, enjoy your stay!

Author:   paolo621
Date:   Oct 05, 09 at 6:39pm (PST)
i think he meant when South Kaioshin fought kid buu.
Indeed we think South Kaioshin is stronger than Kid Buu but not by much, just enough to force Kid Buu to absorb him though.
Most People think South Kaioshin = Kid Buu because of how even the fight was between them in teh filler but as we have all discovered thanks to the people here is that fighting even with any form of Buu means the person has to be stronger than the different incarnations so that they can deal with the regeneration he has and his relentless and impressive techniques.

For example:
Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks Vs Super Buu
Base Vegito Vs Buuhan
Super Saiyan 3 Goku Vs Kid Buu

Each time they fought IMO they good guys were always just that bit stronger than the Buu's because (apart from Vegito vs Buuhan) the fights seemed to be even.

btw welcome to Neo and no i'm not always like this lool.

hope i helped (or at least got this info riight )

Date:   Oct 06, 09 at 12:09am (PST)
The fact that was all filler means that canon wise, South Kaioshin could have been weaker than Kid Buu for all we know.... But, doesn't really matter much...

South Kaioshin being stated to be stronger than Daio Kaioshin is canon fact though?

Date:   Oct 06, 09 at 9:10am (PST)
thanks guys

something i don't like is when some ppl say good buu and evil buu are two halves. i simply disagree because fat buu is a fused being to begin with, it's like saying vegito is a whole, goku and vegeta are two halves, same goes for gotenks.

Date:   Oct 06, 09 at 4:36pm (PST)
Indeed we think South Kaioshin is stronger than Kid Buu but not by much, just enough to force Kid Buu to absorb him though.
Not everybody thinks that, I'd say South Kaioshin WAS strong enough to prompt Buu to absorb him, but I wouldn't say they were equal or South Kaioshin was stronger. If I recall their (filler) fight correctly, Kid Buu had a slight advantage. Canon wise, we really don't know how strong South Kaioshin is compared to Kid Buu, we only know he's the strongest of the Kaioshin, as that's actually stated...

South Kaioshin being stated to be stronger than Daio Kaioshin is canon fact though?
Oh yes, he was clearly stated to be the strongest without a shadow of a doubt, as well as East Kaioshin was stated to be the weakest...

something i don't like is when some ppl say good buu and evil buu are two halves. i simply disagree because fat buu is a fused being to begin with, it's like saying vegito is a whole, goku and vegeta are two halves, same goes for gotenks.
They are though jack, how else do you explain it? It was stated that Fat Buu's power split, the evil side got the most power and Mr. Buu was the lower, leftover amount. I always use the 60/40 equation to divvy up the original 100% power of Fat Buu's...

Date:   Oct 07, 09 at 3:10am (PST)
Yes, factually they are halves.... Like how Kami and Piccolo were halves... Jackjack made a good point with the examples on fusion though, but in Buu's case, they are still halves, simply because of the fact Mr. Buu was STILL a Buu, even though he was basically the two Kaioshins in a Buu form....

Mr. Buu and Evil Buu were the two halves of Fat Majin Buu though, not Kid Buu obviously.... Kid Buu cannot have halves...

Date:   Oct 07, 09 at 10:12am (PST)
why did this goku guy say that he wasn't able to defeat fat buu, yet later contradicted himself that he could have?

Date:   Oct 07, 09 at 5:58pm (PST)
Because he didn't think he was the one that should defeat Buu, he wanted the boys to do it, not a dead guy that doesn't even belong in the realm of the living. He stated as much, it's that simple, really...

Date:   Oct 07, 09 at 6:40pm (PST)
quote G_O_G_E_T_A
Because he didn't think he was the one that should defeat Buu, he wanted the boys to do it, not a dead guy that doesn't even belong in the realm of the living. He stated as much, it's that simple, really...
ok here is the confusing part. goku said that before mr.popo suggested the idea of using the boys for fusion.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.