Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Happy Mask Salesman Theory - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/879/t1519455-happy-mask-salesman-theory/2.htm

Author:   gerbilkeeper
Date:   Jul 10, 10 at 2:27am (PST)
Subject:   re: Happy Mask Salesman Theory
-------------------------------------------
Yes, I think it is a land outside Hyrule, one of many. Recall when you meet Zelda in OoT. She says that Gandondorf "Plans to conquer Hyrule, no, the world!" That just makes me think there's more stuff outside Hyrule...

Author:   InabyamaCastle Guard
Date:   Jul 10, 10 at 5:50am (PST)
While I agree, technically Ganon is guiltless of any of the misfortunes of Termina

Oh wait. Thats not what you meant is it?

The alternate dimension is bunk to me. The timeline split, that makes sense. I feel sure that Lost Woods connects pretty much every Zelda world to every other one.

Mask Salesman can travel anywhere instantly though, since we've seen his ability to teleport.

Hey, I hope he shows up in the new game, but just for a cameo.

Author:   OzzieSlashFlea
Date:   Jul 11, 10 at 6:02pm (PST)
quote gerbilkeeper
Yes, I think it is a land outside Hyrule, one of many. Recall when you meet Zelda in OoT. She says that Gandondorf "Plans to conquer Hyrule, no, the world!" That just makes me think there's more stuff outside Hyrule...
Yep, and Twilight Princess echoes that, although that Hyrule is pretty different.

quote InabyamaCastle Guard
Hey, I hope he shows up in the new game, but just for a cameo.
Oooh, oooh, which new game? Anything been announced?

Date:   Jul 11, 10 at 6:21pm (PST)
Yes, its release was just pushed back to 2011, the name is already out: Skyward Sword, features a new land called Skyloft, and theres been some trailers for it. Plus theres a forum for it over in Wii games.

Where you been?

I just discovered it a few days ago. I fully expect to see you and the entire MM crew over there

Author:   gerbilkeeper
Date:   Jul 11, 10 at 6:37pm (PST)
Cool, cool! New Zelda game! But I was a bit disappointed with the Twilight Princess, because music has been sort of a tradition with Zelda, but all there was in TP was those weeds and howling stones.

Author:   OzzieSlashFlea
Date:   Jul 12, 10 at 2:52pm (PST)
quote InabyamaCastle Guard
Yes, its release was just pushed back to 2011, the name is already out: Skyward Sword, features a new land called Skyloft, and theres been some trailers for it. Plus theres a forum for it over in Wii games.

Where you been?

I just discovered it a few days ago. I fully expect to see you and the entire MM crew over there
Ah joy - I'm on my way over there right now (metaphorically speaking). But no Hyrule?!? If Gorons don't inhabit this new land I'm out.

Author:   Notlose
Date:   Jul 30, 10 at 11:22pm (PST)
thinking well, he isn´t the unic that act strangely, when you are a human, you could see that when before you get the bremen mask, the "music man"(i don´t remember his name) say that he envied the leader, the dog, then he got tht mask, it sounds strangely and mysteriously similar...

Date:   Jul 31, 10 at 4:01am (PST)
Thats because music man is like a mini version of Happy Mask man. Hes almost as mysterious, even more bipolar, and just as fond of playing mind games.

Luckily, hes not all-powerful though.

Author:   Triforce of Wisdom
Date:   Jul 31, 10 at 2:25pm (PST)
If he was as powerful, the game (and Link) would probably explode. I mean,

Bipolar disorder + mind abilities + 2x powerful = game destroyed.

Author:   Notlose
Date:   Jul 31, 10 at 3:59pm (PST)
thinking well, and if you have a good eye, you could see, that some masks are unhappy, sad, and thinking it's a subliminar message, it could tell us, that, EVERYBODY GETS NEAR HIM WON'T BE HAPPY, or have a good life, it seems to be hapening to link, get a lot of mask in less than three days, get shake by the salesman, be called of a elf or dwarf, fight a lot monsters, and some more things.

Author:   Boutros
Date:   Oct 16, 10 at 11:20pm (PST)
quote Notlose
thinking well, and if you have a good eye, you could see, that some masks are unhappy, sad, and thinking it's a subliminar message, it could tell us, that, EVERYBODY GETS NEAR HIM WON'T BE HAPPY, or have a good life, it seems to be hapening to link, get a lot of mask in less than three days, get shake by the salesman, be called of a elf or dwarf, fight a lot monsters, and some more things.
True happiness seems to be one of his favorite topics, so I find that kinda hard to believe.

I love how he can "read" the emotions each mask is carrying. Just shows how powerful he is.

Author:   GameWarrior
Date:   Nov 05, 10 at 2:34am (PST)
quote SilverAntari
Note: This is a theory that I've been researching for a while now. I came up with the theory myself, but it's very possible that someone else also came up with it.

When you played Majora's Mask, have you ever find the Happy Mask Salesman a bit weird? Sure, he strangles Link and has an almost permanent grin on his face, but have you ever wondered if he has a secret intention?

When you first meet the Happy Mask Salesman, he tells you the Majora's Mask was stolen from him by an imp. What if, instead of the mask being stolen, the mask was given or sold to the imp? This may sound unlikely, but bare with me...

How exactly does the Happy Mask Salesman get the masks he sells? Does he buy them? Make them? What if he stole them?

Clock Town is a town filled with masks. Masks which the Happy Mask Salesman could sell. What if he made a plan to get every single mask in Clock Town?

By giving/selling the Majora's Mask to the imp, the evil of the Majora's Mask was unleased and Clock Town was going to be crushed by the moon. In order to stop it, Link had to get all 4 giants. While doing this, he was bound to pick up a number of masks.

When you get to the moon you will see 5 children. By speaking to the kid with the Majora's Mask, you can start the fight whit Majora. But by speaking to the other children, you have to do a mini-dungeon.
After completeing the mini-dungeon, the child will then ask you to give him some masks.

The children on the moon look a LOT like the Happy Mask Salesman. What if the children were working for the Happy Mask Salesman in order to get him all the masks?

I know this all sounds crazy and unlikely, but it does explain why the children on the moon look like the Happy Mask Salesman.

Notes:
- The Happy Mask Salesman is crazy. This may be why he would do all this just for masks.
- The Happy Mask Salesman thinks the Mask of Truth is "Frightful". Possibly because he's worried it'll know his plan?
- This entire theory sounded WAY better in my head.

That is possible... Try going to Zelda Wiki, and they have some pretty interseting theories...
In my opinion, his ancestors may be the "ancient ones" That may be how he knew the Song of Healing. But... If there's a Mario mask, does that mean he sealed Mario?????
and I also belive that he is... not normal. How does he know that Link has found a mask or whatever? Where does the piano come from? Where does he dissapear to? And in the manga, read it. Akira Himekawa quoted some disturbing lines....
AND, here's a theory that I came up with. Again, this may be found by someone else but... I think, that the thief (You know, steals from the Bomb Lady on the first Night?) may be the same person... After all, they have the same face, and he steals Kafei's Sun Mask...

Author:   179 mario yoshi 971
Date:   Nov 05, 10 at 8:39pm (PST)
quote GameWarrior
I think, that the thief (You know, steals from the Bomb Lady on the first Night?) may be the same person... After all, they have the same face, and he steals Kafei's Sun Mask...
No, they can't be the same person. Sakon (the thief) is much shorter & skinner. His hair is different, too. & his face is also a bit different (not by much, but it's still different). Plus, Sakon doesn't seem to have any special powers like the salesman does. But that was an interesting theory.

Author:   YPsych
Date:   Jun 23, 11 at 9:59am (PST)

This is from the strategy guide.

Author:   Terry363
Date:   Jul 03, 11 at 9:14pm (PST)
yeah i found something wierd to when i first beat the game i gave the kids my transforming masks (dont judge me i was eight) and the other masks exept 3 and the transforming masks didnt return after i got fierce diety mask. maybe he stole them to sell them back in hyrule?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.