Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Happy mask guy and Owl. wtf? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/879/t1352057-happy-mask-guy-owl-wtf/

Author:   Psyko
Date:   Apr 20, 09 at 4:30am (PST)
Subject:   Happy mask guy and Owl. wtf?
-------------------------------------------
Ok, where to start. Well, Every time you play the song of time to go back to the first day and you talk to people, they don't remember you or what you did. That makes sense because you went back in time before you did anything. However, the Happy Mask Shop guy and the Owl are exceptions.
The owl says things like "We meet again fairy boy" or something like that. Implying that he does remember. The same goes for the Happy Mask Salesman. There's something very strange about those two. Why can they remember when nobody else does? what's so special about them?

The more peculiar of the two to me is the Happy Mask Salesman. At the very end of the game, he just disappears into thin air. Then there's the time when he was explaining how he got the mask in the first place. It was supposedly well guarded. So what makes him think he, a salesman, can do better. There's so much more to that guy, but what? Who is he? So many questions and so little answers.

I know none of these questions have been answered yet(MM sequel please:D) but i want to here some of your theories. What do you think of this whole shenanigans?

Author:   Murray3
Date:   Apr 20, 09 at 7:21am (PST)
Subject:   re: Happy mask guy and Owl. wtf?
Murray knows more about the timeline than a Majora's Mask fan ever should... Wait that's me!

Although I can't confirm it, it seems that Link was only sent back to before he drew the Master Sword. This fits into its timeline-sequel Twilight Princess very well. Thus allowing him to have met the Happy Mask Salesman.

As for the owl. It doesn't make any sense, firstly, this owl is not the same owl that Link met in OoT. It is Kaebola Gaebola, OoT's feathered nuisance was named Kaebora Gaebora.

To bring up an important point Kaebora Gaebora returns in Four Sword Adventures.

Also, Kaebora Gaebora was rumoured (by Gossip Stones) to be Rauru).

Date:   Apr 20, 09 at 11:51pm (PST)
quote Murray3
Murray knows more about the timeline than a Majora's Mask fan ever should... Wait that's me!

Although I can't confirm it, it seems that Link was only sent back to before he drew the Master Sword. This fits into its timeline-sequel Twilight Princess very well. Thus allowing him to have met the Happy Mask Salesman.
dude this has nothing to do with the timeline. I'm just asking what the hell is up with these two characters.

quote Murray3
As for the owl. It doesn't make any sense, firstly, this owl is not the same owl that Link met in OoT. It is Kaebola Gaebola, OoT's feathered nuisance was named Kaebora Gaebora.
All right, now were getting somewhere. Why d you think they have such similar names? I think that Kaebola Gaebola would be Kaebora Gaebora's Terminian double, seeing as Terminia is a parallel world of Hyrule. While parallel may be interpreted in different ways, it makes sense to me that they are connected.

Author:   onFyre
Date:   Apr 26, 09 at 10:27am (PST)
Not sure about the owl, but when you are inside the clock, time does not pass, therefore resetting time will have no effect on the mask salesman, until he leaves the clock.

He does seem really weird though. It's probably to to with the fact that he's from the moon.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Apr 26, 09 at 1:13pm (PST)
a) i think that the salesman, its something diferent than a human, what do i meant by that?, well its no just only, that he is inside the clock, but he stops time inside the clock, when you are deku link, there is an entrance to termina rigth?, suddenly the entrance just disaapears, and i tried goin there but it no use...

b) i think than the owl of hyrule and the owl of termina are the same, due as psyco said "we meet again", stating also that MM is a direct sequel of OOT.

Date:   Apr 26, 09 at 1:40pm (PST)
Wait, Kaebola says "We meet again" In the Goron Valley.

You first see him in the Swamp.

Author:   FoxyBoxer
Date:   Apr 26, 09 at 5:18pm (PST)
aye, but only if you're real quick (it's very possible to do this) and you beat Woodfall and meet him within three days. Otherwise, it's still an anachronism.

Date:   Apr 26, 09 at 10:10pm (PST)
What!?

I always meet him in the swamp first without even trying! Without beating Woodfall either. To reiterate: Whatchoo talkin' 'bout?

Author:   Epiphone32
Date:   Apr 27, 09 at 8:48pm (PST)
quote Murray3
What!?

I always meet him in the swamp first without even trying! Without beating Woodfall either. To reiterate: Whatchoo talkin' 'bout?
I think Foxyboxer means meet him the second time in Goron Village during the same 3 day cycle as beating Woodfall Temple.

Date:   Apr 27, 09 at 11:27pm (PST)

quote Duncan Idaho
i think than the owl of hyrule and the owl of termina are the same, due as psyco said "we meet again", stating also that MM is a direct sequel of OOT.
well they have different names. similar but definitely different.

quote onFyre
Not sure about the owl, but when you are inside the clock, time does not pass, therefore resetting time will have no effect on the mask salesman, until he leaves the clock.

He does seem really weird though. It's probably to to with the fact that he's from the moon.
do you think he's stopping time or time just stops in there for some other reason? As for the moon thing, if he is from the moon, then It could explain something as to why he wants the Majora's Mask so badly. It's possible that the mask is from the moon also. If you read the "Message of Majora's Mask" article, then you can assume that if the tower was meant to go to the sky, then that could be where how mankind got the mask. They reached the moon, where the mask was and took it. Then it's possible that the Salesman is actually just trying to retrive what is rightfully his.

quote Epiphone32
I think Foxyboxer means meet him the second time in Goron Village during the same 3 day cycle as beating Woodfall Temple.
That'd be pretty hard. you'd have to have memorized all the shortcuts and whatnot.

quote Duncan Idaho
a) i think that the salesman, its something diferent than a human, what do i meant by that?, well its no just only, that he is inside the clock, but he stops time inside the clock, when you are deku link, there is an entrance to termina rigth?, suddenly the entrance just disaapears, and i tried goin there but it no use...
could be that he doesn't want Link going home until he gets his mask back.

Date:   Apr 28, 09 at 12:55am (PST)
the shiekas created the majoras mask, once again, it was an ancestor of link, who confronted a mosnter that destroyed once termina, it had the capacity to control time..., the warrior made the mosnter dance until the mosnter died, and of the armo that the monster was wearing the majora's maske was born, shigeru miyamoto recognized manga ss official source,ergo watch the extra chapter.

Date:   Apr 28, 09 at 12:59am (PST)
yeah i heard about that but I haven't read the manga so i didn't know the details. Only that MM was part of a monster's armor.

Date:   Apr 28, 09 at 1:08am (PST)
quote Psyko
yeah i heard about that but I haven't read the manga so i didn't know the details. Only that MM was part of a monster's armor.
it cant be from the moon, but the references of the mask salesman from the kids on the moon.... now im getting a decent grasp of the situation.

i guess the salesman gathers up mask to give them to those kids on the moon, + if you see thier hair style its very siilar in hsape color, and brigth to the one the salesman has..., werid not, and whenver you play on the mini dugeons, they call you salesman, im thinkign the salesman was pissed off due that one of the kids was the intnded heir for the Majoras mask, but after being stolen..., the unworthy one was used awaking the remants of conciousness on the mask...

Date:   Apr 28, 09 at 2:58am (PST)
yeah that's one of the reasons why i think he could be from the moon. However, they could just be calling you that because in a way, you are kind of "selling" the masks to them in order to gain entrance to their stages.

Date:   Apr 28, 09 at 3:24am (PST)
quote Psyko
yeah that's one of the reasons why i think he could be from the moon. However, they could just be calling you that because in a way, you are kind of "selling" the masks to them in order to gain entrance to their stages.
yeah but im guessing he is the father of those childs...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.