Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire series (George R. R. Martin) - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/83/t189832-song-of-ice-fire-series-george-martin/3.htm

Author:   RobtheGooner
Date:   Apr 14, 08 at 5:02pm (PST)
Subject:   re: A Song of Ice and Fire series (George R. R. Martin)
-------------------------------------------
I've just finished A Game of Thrones and i'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers, but can someone answer a question I have? The third book, a storm of swords, seems to have been split up into two books: Steel and Snow, and Blood and Gold. I already knew this, and I thought A Feast for Crows was the next book, but I didn't realise that had been split up aswell! Also the second half of it isn't out yet! Is there any way to buy A Storm of Swords as the whole book? Would the chapters be placed in the correct time sequence, or would it just be as if you read the two seperate books one after the other?

Author:   ShadowFox544
Date:   May 23, 08 at 1:30am (PST)
As far as I know the only books out so far are Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords, and a Feast for Crows. There are to be 7 books total in the series. These books are more intense than any other fantasy books out there. I don't know how you can't get ahold of Storm of Swords. I bought the whole book last year.

Author:   ali3n
Date:   Sep 26, 08 at 5:16pm (PST)
I finally got around to reading this series since I had heard so much about it. The first book didn't really stand out all that much until the end but the second and third ones were superb. I would include the fourth but the lack of my preferred characters and a little too much Cersei put me off it a little, but a brilliant book none the less. I can not wait for the next one. Hopefully it has Arya in it and I don't have to wait for the sixth one to find out what happened.

I was just checking out the wiki page for the series and I noticed that supposedly eight of the POV characters were killed, anyone know who all they mean?

Author:   Curt Connors
Date:   Sep 26, 08 at 9:26pm (PST)
The POV characters are the ones who let you see the world through their eyes, Cersei, Jaime, Samwell Tarly etc. etc.
The characters who are far away from Kings Landing are the ones who will feature in the next book, 'A Dance of Dragons' and the events will be at roughly the same time as the events in AFFC.

Date:   Sep 26, 08 at 11:46pm (PST)
I know who and what POV characters are, I asked if anyone knew the eight that supposedly got killed off.

Date:   Sep 27, 08 at 12:16am (PST)
Well, considering how AFFC ended, I think Cersei is a fair bet. other than that, no idea

Date:   Sep 27, 08 at 8:24am (PST)
The only ones I can think of are Eddard and Catelyn, not sure if she counts though..

Date:   Sep 27, 08 at 10:16pm (PST)
Well Eddard is already dead, courtesy of Ser Payne, Catelyn is

Date:   Dec 12, 08 at 5:59pm (PST)
Apparently the next book will be out in April 2009, which is not too far away now. The problem I'm having is remembering what the hell happened in the first 4 books!

SPOILERS!

If anyone else can fill in other details or correct any of the above that would be great!

Date:   Dec 14, 08 at 10:51pm (PST)
You're correct for the most part.

Some extra things that you may or may not remember.

Will probably be worth simply checking out Wiki though.

Date:   Apr 02, 11 at 10:57pm (PST)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpJYNVhGf1s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Can't wait for this. Looks like it might actually have been done well unlike the epic fail that was the Sword of Truth series.

Also, A Dance with Dragons might finally be nearing completion.

Author:   Existence
Date:   May 30, 11 at 5:24pm (PST)
Halfway through Swords, and I'm in love. Was hooked a quarter into Thrones, tbh.

It can get a little hard keep track of all the characters and Houses, though. :/

Author:   tommex
Date:   Jun 20, 11 at 11:57am (PST)
Just finished AFFC and I've got a few theories as to what's going on myself...

Cersei has got this whole thing about Tyrion being the one to kill her, but if she was the twin that was born first, and what with Jaime's straight up refusal to help her, he might be the one that kills her.

Arya is going to become a "Faceless Man", which has kind of subtly been hinted at, as she's working with them, but come on, you know it's going to happen.

Brienne is probably still alive, but I'm not sure what the word she shouted in her final chapter could have been...

Author:   Existence
Date:   Jun 21, 11 at 10:20am (PST)
Agreed, especially on the first one. That was what I thought when Cersei had the flashback with Maegi.

The way things are, I think it's very likely that Dany's going to invade Westeros, and probably win- which is a pity, since I highly dislike that character. The way she goes on and on about her being the "rightful" queen... her father was defeated in battle, she needs to get over it. The crown doesn't belong to House Targaryen, and it only will once she takes it back from Baratheon/Lannister. She shouldn't presume to call herself the rightful queen till then.

Author:   tommex
Date:   Jun 21, 11 at 8:47pm (PST)
I'd like to see what Westeros would still be like, if Aerys hadn't been mad. I think it'd be a very different place.

Don't forget though, Existence, the Greyjoys have that mental dragon horn or whatever, and they're off to go and steal Dany's dragons. Not sure who I'd rather had them though, as Dany has more of a claim over them, but the Greyjoys would know who to destroy them with...

However, it looks like Dorne will probably end up with the dragons, with the slightly less than subtle hints that Dany is about to have a visit from a certain Martell...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.