Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Currently Reading Ch.6 - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/83/t1381313-currently-reading-ch-6/3.htm

Author:   What Lies Beneath
Date:   Jul 23, 09 at 4:23pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Currently Reading Ch.6
-------------------------------------------
I read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult yesterday. Very sad and has definitely put me off the film. I don't feel like paying to feel like shit.

I'm hoping The Collector will come through the post soon.

Author:   Scott Cee
Date:   Jul 29, 09 at 11:38am (PST)
I've just finished The Dancers at the End of Time by Michael Moorcok. It's an anthology of three earlier books, I can't remember the names of them, except one - Alien Heat.

Also, Next by the aforementioned Crichton. It was one of those books where not a lot seems to happen, but I couldn't put it down.

Author:   Robot Hive
Date:   Jul 29, 09 at 12:40pm (PST)
I'm trying to re-read the Harry Potter series, but I'm finding it really boring. Those little romance sub-plots that creep there way into important parts, they're stupid. You know, the entire world is at thread from the darkest, most bad-ass Wizard to ever swing a wand, but Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione still have time to *bleep* each other every other second. It's bloody ridiculous.

This message was edited by Light Druid(moderator) on Aug 02 2009.

Author:   DaveyPoshboy
Date:   Jul 29, 09 at 9:43pm (PST)
After finishing Birdsong by Sebastian Faulkes, I've now moved onto war based novel All Quiet on the Western Front. I was really moved by Birdsong, and according to some of the reviews of this book I should get a similar, but not the same, feeling.

Author:   Scott Cee
Date:   Jul 30, 09 at 10:07am (PST)
quote LostGateToCruelty
but Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione still have time to *bleep* each other every other second.
I don't remember any of that sort of carry-on when I read it.

This message was edited by Light Druid(moderator) on Aug 02 2009.

Author:   Robot Hive
Date:   Jul 30, 09 at 11:11am (PST)
quote Scott Cee
I don't remember any of that sort of carry-on when I read it.
Well, obviously not so much in the first or second book, but when Harry and Ginny start to get intimate, they're staring lovingly into each others eyes for the rest of the story. Ron and Hermione, well, if I'm remembering correctly, they have their moment in the middle of the attack on Hogwarts.

This message was edited by Light Druid(moderator) on Aug 01 2009.

Author:   Irish Gamer
Date:   Jul 30, 09 at 11:57am (PST)
Currently reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Loving it so far.

Author:   El Jako
Date:   Jul 30, 09 at 12:59pm (PST)
Just finished Beyond the Shadows by Brent Weeks. One of the best series I've ever read. As soon as I find Brisingr I'm gonna reread it.

Author:   Kini
Date:   Aug 01, 09 at 4:18am (PST)
Managed to find a sale on books so I thought I would give this author a try as the story is within my interests.

The Dragon Keeper - Robin Hobb.

Author:   Tainted
Date:   Aug 01, 09 at 9:54pm (PST)
Just finished The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien. Definitely a good book, but it didn't live up to my expectations. It pulls itself out of the narrative for random chapters, and constantly switches things around. However, the scenes in Vietnam are awesome, and overall it was definitely a good book.

Next on my list is Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth. My first graphic novel, so we'll see how that goes!

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Aug 02, 09 at 4:54pm (PST)
6th Harry Potter, the Half Blood Prince as if you all didn't know XD

I've actually read all of them, of course, but I've started rereading them partially in preparation for the 6th movie.

I read the 7th and since it had been so long since I read the sixth, I was a bit in the dark about a few things....So after finishing it, I went and started from the beginning, reading mostly at work, and I'm about 2/5ths through the 6th now, though I skipped the 3rd (also when I was watching the movies in order, I skipped the 3rd then too)....Odd, I guess I don't like the 3rd one much for some reason.

Author:   WhisperintheWind
Date:   Aug 03, 09 at 3:47am (PST)
I'm starting to read the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins... I just recently finished Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender.

Author:   Light Druid
Date:   Aug 03, 09 at 5:28am (PST)
Almost finished with Kingsblood Royal. I should finish it within the next day or so. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Also about halfway through The Dragon Reborn. Things are once again starting to fall back into place from when I first read most of the series.

And lastly, just the other day I re-found Tales From Watership Down that I was only halfway through when I forgot about it for some reason. Have to find time to polish off that one as well.

Author:   Seventh Blade
Date:   Aug 03, 09 at 9:18am (PST)
Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris. I'm about half-way through, and it has been a humorous and interesting book so far. Sometimes it's even depressing, surprisingly.

Author:   m2caldwell
Date:   Aug 03, 09 at 12:28pm (PST)
Currently working on A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole...what a great book. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't read it. I recently read that John Belushi was being pursued to play Ignatius Reilly before he died. It would have been a perfect role for him.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.