Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Currently Reading Ch.6 - page 22

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/83/t1381313-currently-reading-ch-6/22.htm

Author:   Chrono
Date:   Feb 02, 11 at 5:29am (PST)
Subject:   re: Currently Reading Ch.6
-------------------------------------------
quote Curt Connors
Looking for tips on how to be a successful dictator Anubis?

I don't understand why anyone would want to read the ramblings of a diseased mind really.
Doesn't it strike up your curiosity even a little bit? I mean, the auto-biography of a brilliant (albeit evil) man. If I found it somewher I'm sure I'd quickly be engrossed. It's just intriquing, you know?

Also, I'm currently reading I Am Legend (the actual book that came before the movie people).

Author:   Misty
Date:   Feb 02, 11 at 7:28am (PST)
quote Anubis
I've finally got my hands on "Mein Kampf", Hitler's auto-biography. Has anyone else read this?
I've actually been curious to read Mein Kampf at some point as well, especially to see how it compares to some of the biographies on Hitler. I've not had a chance yet but there's nothing wrong with reading the book. It seems best to do so in the privacy of your home though, not exactly a bus stop reading kind of book if you get what I mean.

I just finished Martin Luther's letter/short book to Pope Leo prior to the split in the Catholic church. I'll probably be working on finishing that compilation of a lot of F Scott Fitzgerald's short stories "Tales of the Jazz Age" next, I'm about halfway through that.

Author:   Irish Gamer
Date:   Feb 02, 11 at 7:31am (PST)
Currently reading 'Ulysses' for a course in Modern Irish Literature I'm taking. I know people say it's dense and hard to get through, but my god I'm absolutely loving it at the moment.

Author:   Curt Connors
Date:   Feb 02, 11 at 12:06pm (PST)
quote Chrono
Doesn't it strike up your curiosity even a little bit? I mean, the auto-biography of a brilliant (albeit evil) man. If I found it somewhere I'm sure I'd quickly be engrossed. It's just intriguing, you know?

Also, I'm currently reading I Am Legend (the actual book that came before the movie people).

If it covered the years where he was actually successful and not just a nutcase in prison then probably, yeah. I am Legend though? Nice choice.

Author:   Chrono
Date:   Feb 02, 11 at 2:07pm (PST)
quote Curt Connors
quote Chrono
Doesn't it strike up your curiosity even a little bit? I mean, the auto-biography of a brilliant (albeit evil) man. If I found it somewhere I'm sure I'd quickly be engrossed. It's just intriguing, you know?

If it covered the years where he was actually successful and not just a nutcase in prison then probably, yeah. I am Legend though? Nice choice.
I'm assuming it was during his (if you want to call it that) successful years because didn't he commit suicide at wars' end?

That aside, yeah I really like it. It's way better than the movie because you get into the head of Robert. I've just been reading it off and on at nights before I go to sleep so I'm only about half way.

Author:   Curt Connors
Date:   Feb 02, 11 at 3:13pm (PST)
quote Chrono
I'm assuming it was during his (if you want to call it that) successful years because didn't he commit suicide at wars' end?

Tut tut for making assumptions. It was written in prison a good seven years before he gained overwhelming power, when he was essentially a failed politician.

Author:   Angyles Cerddoriaeth
Date:   Feb 02, 11 at 3:21pm (PST)
I am currently finishing the book "The Paradise War: Song of Albion" by Stephen Lawhead. I picked it up for free on my Kindle a couple of weeks back and started reading it. I am loving it, and going to download the other 2 books for it.

It deals with Celtic myths, which is something that interests me, especially when they use some Celtic words in the story and I recognize them as being very similar to Welsh. =D

Author:   Live Light
Date:   Feb 02, 11 at 4:00pm (PST)
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Despite all of the scientific and historical inaccuracies, it's very, very good and a very thrilling read. I highly recommend it.

Author:   LillieBeeXD
Date:   Feb 02, 11 at 6:39pm (PST)
quote Live Light
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Despite all of the scientific and historical inaccuracies, it's very, very good and a very thrilling read. I highly recommend it.
I've read all of Dan Browns books, and I'm in the middle of The Lost Symbol, and my mind is blown. It is a thrilling read, like a weird mixture of history, science, horror, and action.

Author:   SoraCloud
Date:   Feb 03, 11 at 5:25am (PST)
I just finished Flesh by Richard Laymon last night. I love his writing and his books can be very violent. I thoroughly enjoy most of what he writes.

I am most likely going to read The Black Prism by Brent Weeks or the new book by Brian Keene, which was released yesterday, Entombed.

Author:   Slacker
Date:   Feb 03, 11 at 6:36am (PST)
Ugh, I'm still stuck on Hard Times by Charles Dickens. I think it's super boring so far, I can't read more than two or three pages before I get so ADD I can't keep going. I hope I get more interested soon or this is gonna be a painful one to finish. >_<

Also, I'd like to read Mein Kampf. When else do you get to see the world from the point of view of the world's most notorious madman? It's more than just a book, it's a piece of history. Say what you will about the man or what he believed in, he was still a pivotal figure in the history of the 20th century. It's like a book written by Genghis Khan or Vlad the Impaler.

Author:   Dreamer
Date:   Feb 10, 11 at 3:28am (PST)
wouldyou

I'm reading The Great Gatsby

Thanks to my English teacher.

We were reading To Kill A Mockingbird in class, and me and alot of my other friends finished it way before everyone else... And now we get the joy of reading The Great Gatsby.

You should hear our conversations... :/

Author:   Scott Cee
Date:   Feb 11, 11 at 11:24am (PST)
I've just finished a collection of short stories by Alistair Reynolds, Zima Blue.
I think the Merlin stories were my favourite - Hideaway, Minla's Flowers and Merlin's Gun. They're far more space opera than the normally quite hard science fiction of the others in the thingy. Is antholgy the correct word?

I read To Kill a Mockingbird in school too. I liked it so much that I stole my copy. Well, not so much stole as forgot to give it back at the end of the year.

Author:   MJ12 L0rD
Date:   Feb 13, 11 at 12:00am (PST)
Well, for leisure reading I've finally started reading The Lost Symbol. Great book so far.

In terms of school, the theme is Food this semester, so I just finished reading Cheap Meat by Deborah Gewertz and Frederick Ellington. I am currently in the process of finished The Structures of Everyday Life by Fernand Braudel. Boring as all hell to read, I don't reccommend it even if you are required to read it lol. I'm not sure what we are reading next, but I do know that I have already read The Omnivore's Dilemma over vacation, which is a great nonfiction book to read for those interested in how we really get our food.

Author:   Mishtram
Date:   Feb 13, 11 at 4:06am (PST)
I've begun reading a new anthology of Canadian literature called "Cabin Fever," and there's been a few interesting pieces so far. Been on a bit of a kick of short stories lately, have a stack of books containing classics like "The Fourth State of Matter" and such.

Although I have to admit, I don't find this stuff as enjoyable as a good solid Fantasy series, but some of the pieces have been interesting none-the-less.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.