Forum Thread: SLI GPU and Dual Display - page 1

reprinted from
original thread:

Author:   PtownBubba
Date:   Mar 03, 13 at 9:23am (PST)
Subject:   SLI GPU and Dual Display
I have 2 ASUS GTX 560 TI cards connected SLI
Both DVI ports on the top card are connected to 2 displays, one display is an ASUS 27" monitor, the other display is a 40" Toshiba LCD TV, both connected to HDMI input.
other stuff:
16GB DDR3 Memory
AMD FX 8350 8-core 4GB CPU
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I have a unique physical display setup, I use the ASUS monitor for 90% of pc activities at the pc desk, the 40" LCD is only used by the pc for online racing. [Nascar Racing Season 2003] The 40' is mounted on a homemade racing seat/cockpit, it is on a swivel so when racing, it faces the wheel,,, when not racing, it faces the room for TV viewing. So far so good. all works.
I set the display to duplicate [clone] , that makes each monitor self supporting, so I can just leave pc desk crawl into cockpit, and start race and Teamspeak from the cockpit, and if there is a hiccup, restart the pc without leaving cockpit. However,,,,,, it seems setting display to Duplicate, causes a hit on FPS for the end result. Not such a big deal,,,, FPS is still 50 to 120 in NASCAR,,,, according to bench testing.
But if not set on 'Duplicate' ,,,,I need to have a view of both monitors for rebooting, starting programs,,,,, I tried once a while back to just power off the 27 ASUS, but I recall when I did that, the 40" picked up an occasional flicker,,,,,, if I disconnect the DVI/HDMI cable to 27',, then no flicker, but not real handy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my son said to move the 27' monitor so I could see it from cockpit, and set display to extend,,,, with that setting,, FPS increases about 10 FPS,,,,, any other ideas?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.