Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Arctic Monkeys - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t585501-arctic-monkeys/2.htm

Author:   Dylan
Date:   Jan 09, 06 at 4:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Arctic Monkeys
-------------------------------------------
I can't believe that the Album isn't going to have Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts on. It is my favourite Arctic Monkeys song out of them all.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Jan 09, 06 at 10:02pm (PST)
Didn't "I Bet you Look Good on the Dancefloor" just hit the top of the UK charts a while ago?

I got a recommendation to download some of their stuff a while ago, but still haven't. Hype around them is in full swing by now. New LP looks kind of exiting.

Author:   Sphinx
Date:   Jan 09, 06 at 11:57pm (PST)
Yeah, it made it to number 1 which is a pretty damn good acheivement for a band relatively unheard of in the mainstream, however in the indie scene they are the new hot band.

I must say that the hype, although well deserved puts me off a bit, as they have become a very "scenester" band, and its hard to know who actually likes them for the music or for the sake of looking cool. However the UK indie scene annoys me in general as its all based on trends that come and go every few months when the new hot band or album arrives. Either way, the Arctic Monkeys write some top tunes.

Author:   Laura J
Date:   Jan 10, 06 at 1:05am (PST)
It's my understanding that hipsters have dropped them in favor of the Rumble Strips. Once a band gains enough recognition that mentioning their name doesn't guarantee a "Who?" from the mainstream, the scenesters accuse their former hero of selling out and move on to something more obscure. I may listen to the same artists as them, but I can't stand indie kids.

Anyway, love the album. My only complaint is that a couple of the tracks sound uncharacteristically streamlined. (Think Down in Albion when held against live Doherty.) Yeah, that's not much of a complaint, but I liked the semi-sloppiness of the ~20 tracks I had before anything was officially released.

Sweet banner, sphinx.

Date:   Jan 10, 06 at 3:24pm (PST)
quote Laura J
I may listen to the same artists as them, but I can't stand indie kids.
Hehe, I'm exactly the same, I do love a lot of the music but I just can't get into the whole scene, its so sycophantic, every sucks up to one band for a while before rejoicing a few months later that the new 'saviours' of music have arrived. I blame NME.

quote Laura J
Anyway, love the album. My only complaint is that a couple of the tracks sound uncharacteristically streamlined. (Think Down in Albion when held against live Doherty.) Yeah, that's not much of a complaint, but I liked the semi-sloppiness of the ~20 tracks I had before anything was officially released.

Sweet banner, sphinx.
I'm looking forward to hearing the tracks I haven't got already off the web, but I see what you mean about the other tracks, although I've not heard the re-recorded versions for the album, the lower quality recording really suits the lyrics to a lot of the songs, such as Scummy and Ritz to the Rubble.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing them live at some point, I hope they play Reading again this year as I hadn't even heard of them around the time of last Reading and missed them. I would have got tickets for the NME tour, but the idea of being swamped with all the trendwhores put me off.

Author:   The Rock Bottom
Date:   Jan 10, 06 at 5:32pm (PST)
I've heard two of their songs & I think these guys are good for their genre.

Author:   LFC Boy
Date:   Jan 10, 06 at 6:11pm (PST)
I'm a big fan of their's, when I heard 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor' for the first time late last year I didnt really take to them, however Radio 1 played it alot and I gradually started to love it, although I like the latest single alot better.

Also managed to get my hands on the leaked album online and it's certainly has some catchy tracks has potential to be one of the albums of the year, ill certainly be purchasing it on release. I'm with Dylster though 'Bigger Boys & Stolen Sweethearts' should have been on the album.

Author:   Irish Gamer
Date:   Jan 10, 06 at 6:24pm (PST)
I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor gets better every time I hear it. Can't wait for the album, they've got some great tunes. Haven't been able to download any, unfortunately, but my mate has a lot of their tracks and it all sounds great.

Author:   Daviesw
Date:   Jan 23, 06 at 12:06pm (PST)
Got the album on Saturday through the post but have been too busy to properly listen to it. I downloaded an album a few months ago which I assume was a very early pre-production one and loved it. They've edited the speed of most of those early versions and it's 100x better. Riot Van and A Certain Romance are belters.

Date:   Jan 26, 06 at 5:07pm (PST)
Finally got the album today, its absolutely ace. I must say I do agree with what Laura said a few posts up, the more polished sound hurts one or two of the tracks in my opinion, Mardy Bum is one, the demo I've got sounds much better than the album version.

Either way its still an awesome album and easily one of the best debut albums I've heard in a long time. I really hope they hit Reading Festival again this year, I really wanna see them live.

Fourth Dimension is the greatest person who ever lived. Ever.

Author:   BradSK
Date:   Jan 26, 06 at 11:06pm (PST)
I can't believe their going to break UK album records just because they stormed up a frenzy on their new shiny laptops.

Author:   lollipopz
Date:   Jan 27, 06 at 5:54pm (PST)
This band is K3wlz. But they ain't nuffin speshal. Pretty kewl though.

Author:   SIS_Wolfhound
Date:   Jan 27, 06 at 9:04pm (PST)
ive loved this band since i bet you look good on the df came out, i hate indie kids, i more of a britpop boy who likes some indie, i like bands no matter how in fashion or out of fashion they are, if i like the sound i like the sound, if i dont, i dont.

Author:   jonaldinho2004
Date:   Jan 27, 06 at 9:09pm (PST)
*bleep*ing quality band, first got a random CD with a few of their songs on back in September, and thought it was ace, but now just got the actual album, and it is brilliant Best British band heard in absolutely AGES - particulary liking From The Ritz To The Rubble (The intro is genius ) and Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured, along with Fake Tales Of San Francisco, Scummy and Mardy Bum

Author:   SIS_Wolfhound
Date:   Jan 28, 06 at 10:02am (PST)
quote jonaldinho2004
*bleep*ing quality band, first got a random CD with a few of their songs on back in September, and thought it was ace, but now just got the actual album, and it is brilliant Best British band heard in absolutely AGES - particulary liking From The Ritz To The Rubble (The intro is genius ) and Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured, along with Fake Tales Of San Francisco, Scummy and Mardy Bum
justfor the record its not, its when the sun goes down, scummy is what downloaders have called it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.