Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Arctic Monkeys - page 17

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t585501-arctic-monkeys/17.htm

Author:   EricF
Date:   Jul 30, 13 at 5:32am (PST)
Subject:   re: Arctic Monkeys
-------------------------------------------
quote Bollo
R U Mine? is actually going to be on their next album, so you were technically right EricF. Do I Wanna Know? is a great song though, even if I've heard it so many times now I'm getting a little bit bored. Humbug's the one that sounds more like QOTSA as well, there's a few on Suck It and See but Humbug's the one generally acknowledged to have the most QOTSA influence since it was produced by Josh Homme.
Ahhh, I knew I heard he produced one of them. I wiki'd Suck It and See and seen he didn't produce it so assumed I was just misinformed.

Author:   Munroe
Date:   Aug 03, 13 at 9:23am (PST)
I can't wait for AM, it will be their best album since FWN...it might even be better than it.

Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 2:02pm (PST)
The new album's alright, but I'm quite disappointed to be honest. It just doesn't sound new to me. If it doesn't sound like Portugal. The Man, it sounds like Queens of the Stone Age.

Author:   Star of Spurs
Date:   Sep 06, 13 at 4:13am (PST)
I always get a strange twinge of disappointment from an album when the best songs are the first and last ones.

Not really a slight on the quality though, more saying how *bleep*ing quality Do I Wanna Know? and I Wanna Be Yours are.

Very very good album.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Sep 09, 13 at 8:42am (PST)
Just had a first listen of AM. First impressions is it might be their best album since their first but Suck it and See is giving it competition. Will keep listening. I'm glad the writing is still back on track. Seems a lot more ambient than the last album and misses some of the aggression of it too but it has a real nice cohesion, I thought.

This and Like Clockwork might make this a good year for me.

Date:   Sep 09, 13 at 9:07am (PST)

Snap Out of It couldn't sound more Portugal. The Man if it tried haha. The chorus especially. The album is alright but I think the three singles are easily the best tracks on there.

Author:   Icedevil
Date:   Sep 09, 13 at 9:42am (PST)
just came here to say this. Yeah a completely lifeless and dull imitation of Portugal is what I got of it when I heard it on the radio on the way from work.

Author:   Bollo
Date:   Sep 10, 13 at 5:23am (PST)
I think it's brilliant, it's pointless for me saying how highly I'd rate it within their body of work since I love all their albums but it's absolutely fantastic. Only listened 3 times so far but of the ones I hadn't heard, No.1 Party Anthem and I Wanna Be Yours stand out.

This year has been a great year for established bands continuing to release amazing LPs, Foals, Vampire Weekend, QOTSA, and this, as well as Arcade Fire to come. Struggling to think of many debut albums I've loved as much as those lot.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.