Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Arctic Monkeys - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t585501-arctic-monkeys/14.htm

Author:   Stefan
Date:   Aug 10, 09 at 11:50am (PST)
Subject:   re: Arctic Monkeys
-------------------------------------------
I feel so let down by this album, its so discreet and so well, boring.
Saying that Crying Lightning is growing on me, meaning the rest of the album might, but right now it just sounds like a Last Shadow Puppets album gone wrong.

Author:   Drunken Mardy
Date:   Aug 19, 09 at 10:58am (PST)
quote Daweii
I love the album it's mature and the fact they haven't tried to make an album for those with the attention span of a baby is great. I mean yes the tracks are slow and to some they may be "dull" but this is some of the best music they have made, it is not energetic but why does it have to be.
There is absolutely nothing "dull" about this album. The few slow burners on this album are very rewarding. The album features a darker, more mature AM with the same classic Turner songwriting.

Humbug is an amazing addition.

Author:   Daweii
Date:   Aug 19, 09 at 11:00am (PST)
Tell that to the rest of the fans.. I loved the album because it dull and slow. It's the rest of the fans that hate this album.

Author:   Stefan
Date:   Aug 19, 09 at 3:34pm (PST)
Perhaps your right Drunken Mardy, but you need to understand that people were attracted to Artic Monkeys because of their face paced snappy lyrics that foke related to.

Date:   Aug 19, 09 at 6:01pm (PST)
I know what first attracted me to the Arctic Monkeys. Humbug isn't as caustic or edgy, but it's not as shallow either. The sound is more polished and contains much more emotion. Turner's quips are weaved in a more rewarding way throughout the sound.

I find it hard not to have an appreciation for this album. It's certainly not as if the monkeys just released (getting ready to release) a new "Intimacy".

(I understand where you're coming from Daweii, I just liked your quote for what I was going to say)

Author:   Porthog
Date:   Aug 20, 09 at 12:40am (PST)
I got into Arcitic Monkeys years ago, unfortunately I got less attached to them, as time progressed, but I'm starting to listen more, just maybe to set the mood so when they release their next album.
Does anybody know if it's released or the date it will be released?

Author:   Magikdonut
Date:   Aug 20, 09 at 5:54pm (PST)
I actually really like Crying Lightning. I think its better than anything they had on Favourite Worst Nightmare. If the albums full of tunes like that (which, judging by some posts, it might not be... lol) then I'd be very pleased.

Date:   Aug 21, 09 at 1:57am (PST)
You're going to run into less pick up and rock out songs, and more like "Do Me a Favour" from FWN, we're you're rewarded towards the middle or end.

quote Porthog6578
Does anybody know if it's released or the date it will be released?
Humbug is set to be released on the 25th day of this month. It's obviously been leaked already.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 1:41pm (PST)
I dunno what you lots are having a little fit about: I'm eight songs in and I'm already in love with this damn album. Don't need no growing on me, it's spread its roots. I'd quite quickly say beside the stand-outs of Favourite Worst Nightmares, the album doesn't even nearly compare. In terms of comparison to their debut...that will come later.

Author:   Toby
Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 1:44pm (PST)
Compare it to their debut and I will rip your heart out.

Kidding aside, the only song I think is top quality on the album is My Propeller which I think is a top quality track - a lot better than Crying Lightning which everybody seems to be banging on about.

Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 1:49pm (PST)
My Propeller is a top quality track. It's the only one I know by name other than Crying Lightning, listening to it on my hi-fi and not paying much attention to the case.

Oh and, I'm about as defensive about their debut also. It's one of my favourite LPs of all time.

Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 2:18pm (PST)
Oh that reminds me; it was really painful yesterday evening coming out of work and about 5 doors down from work is Brixton Academy and guess who were playing? That's right, Alex Turner & co. and it hurt to see all these little excited noobs queing up a couple of hours before the doors opened. It was SO tempting to pay £50 right there and then off a touter but common sense prevailed once again.

Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 2:52pm (PST)
Shit man, I order months in advance and how the hell do I miss Arctic Monkeys playing? Was it a special gig or something? *bleep*, I would have given up my Maccabees and Jamie T tickets for that easily. It's exactly one bus (though slightly long) away man, 333.

Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 3:02pm (PST)
I have no idea honestly. I had no idea about it either until I saw it yesterday. It wasn't up there in the morning but when I was leaving, I asked someone 'who's playing' and they pointed upwards and screamed 'ARCTIC MONKEYSSSSS' and ran off in excitement. I almost cried.

You're going Jamie T and Maccabees? I've been offered a Maccabees ticket for Autumn sometime but wasn't sure about whether go or not. I've got my Jamie T ticket though. I'll have to see you there, man.

Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 5:19pm (PST)
Man, on the 15th yeah? I'm seating so I might not catch you, but if I do I'm saying hello. Get ready for the distinctive "Sup, I'm Celes."

It'd be a sin to turn down the Maccabees though, unless they're bugging you for more than £20's worth.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.