reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t552375-haste-day/

Author:   GTA Addict
Date:   Jun 21, 05 at 9:20pm (PST)
Subject:   Haste the Day
-------------------------------------------
Discography

quote Solid State Records
There's something so incendiary about a solid metal show that pulls an audience in, one by one. With a wailing lead guitar combined with throaty growls and an explosion of moshing onlookers, metal allures the masses to join, and then doesn't let go. It's no wonder then that Indiana-born Haste the Day have charmed audiences with that same flurry of their musical onslaught. Performing 264 shows last year alone, it seemed no one could miss Haste the Day in 2004 as they hit the road with everyone from As I Lay Dying to Zao and Strung Out. Now, with a new album looming in the horizon this summer, the Haste the Day assault will only expand in 2005. Look for their sophomore release everywhere June 28th!
So does anyone else here like this band? I just got into them recently I think they're *bleep*ing amazing. At first I thought they'd be like all those other Metalcore bands that all sound the same but when the singer started screaming I was blown away, the way he uses that high-pitched is so unique to me anyways. I have the first CD but it's not mine and I'm looking foward to the new album.

Author:   The Dark Tyrant
Date:   Jun 21, 05 at 9:32pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Haste the Day
I've never heard of them. Can you describe their sound, and compare them to a few other bands?

Author:   Fallen Hero
Date:   Jun 21, 05 at 10:02pm (PST)
The music is your run-of-the-mill hardcore/metalcore/emocore/screamo/whateverthe*bleep* chug-chug-breakdown-chug-chug shit, but I actually like the vocals quite a bit. They're one of the few unique bands in their genre because of the vocals.

Author:   GTA3helper2002
Date:   Jun 22, 05 at 2:52am (PST)
I still need to by Burning Bridges since October but have i yet? nope. And the new album is commin out and i still need to buy Burning Bridges..man. Anyway i do like this band. Fitst song i ever heard was "Substance" and than "One Life To Live" and finally "The Closest Thing To Closure". Their scream reminds me of Zao and Fear Before The March Of Flames.

Date:   Jun 23, 05 at 1:23am (PST)
quote Fallen Hero
The music is your run-of-the-mill hardcore/metalcore/emocore/screamo/whateverthe*bleep* chug-chug-breakdown-chug-chug shit.
I agree. I was about to turn off the stereo when I first listened to them because I thought was going to be like all the other Metalcore bands but then the vocals came in and I dug it a lot.

If you look at the singer he doesn't look like he could scream like that.

Author:   JASON316
Date:   Jun 23, 05 at 4:42am (PST)
Yeah, I like these guys. I too thought they'd be like everyone other metalcore/hardcore band untel I heard the vocals, that guy can scream.

Date:   Jun 26, 05 at 4:48am (PST)
Haste The Day's high screaming reminds me of Fear Before The March Of Flames and Zao. If you listen, somewhat sound the same.

Date:   Jun 26, 05 at 4:52am (PST)
They do but they each play differently from what I've heard of the other two. I know Zao plays like technical shit and FBTMOF's is kind of a punk band with screaming but I won't really judge until I've heard more.

I like the video The Closest Thing to Closure. when I first watched it and the singer walked out there and before he started screaming I was like that's gotta be like some other singer or something because I know someone that looks like that doesn't scream like that but obviously I was wrong.

Date:   Jun 26, 05 at 5:04pm (PST)
I should have myself more clear about the sound and not just the screaming . And yeah the video is pretty cool.

Date:   Oct 16, 05 at 7:30pm (PST)
For my birthday today, I got Burning Bridges and I just got done listening to it. My thought about the album is that it is excellent. I was so suprised at it, its brutal, heavy and is so perfect. It fits melodicness and heavyness all in one. Great CD.

Date:   Jan 29, 06 at 9:57pm (PST)
A couple of weeks ago I got When Everything Falls and I listened to it today and I like it alot more than Burning Bridges and I did like Burning Bridges quite alot. I can barely pick a few favorite tracks off of When Everything Falls because every song off of it was so awesome. I'd say buy it before Burning Bridges.

Author:   mj_da_best
Date:   Jan 30, 06 at 5:22am (PST)
I've only heard 1 song (Who We Are) by these guys but that singer does have a great scream. The actual music isn't too fantastic but its alot better than similar metal bands that just try to play as loud as possible and overkill on the bass drum pedals.

Mj

Date:   Jan 30, 06 at 9:29pm (PST)
That's off of their EP "They They May Know You". I recomened checking out:

Blue 42
American Love
When Everything Falls
Bleed Alone
Fallen
Walls And Fear

The vocals on the newer CD'S have improved by alot.

Author:   N353
Date:   Jan 30, 06 at 9:32pm (PST)
Yeah HtD rock, too bad Jimmy (Vocalist) has left... hope they are still as good once they find a permanant new vocalist.

Date:   Jan 30, 06 at 9:35pm (PST)
I didn't read that. Where did you read that at?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.