Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Bloc Party - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t510663-bloc-party/4.htm

Author:   Blue Streak
Date:   Oct 27, 05 at 9:18pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Bloc Party
-------------------------------------------
You're not the only one! It's been easily my favourite album of the year, in fact, I'm playing it at the moment! I've played it at least three or four times a week since it came out (and in the first few months I was playing it three or four times a day!).

I'm off to see them on Saturday so I'm mega-hyped at the moment.

Author:   Irish Gamer
Date:   Oct 28, 05 at 7:04pm (PST)
Saturday? I'm seeing them a week on Sunday. Post up the playlist if you can!

Author:   Reason
Date:   Oct 29, 05 at 1:42pm (PST)
I've just got into Bloc Party and they're a really great band. My favourite song of theirs is two more years.

Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 11:45am (PST)
Well, I went to see Bloc Party last night at Brixton Academy and what a show it was! I've never seen a crowd that packed together, all desperate to be at the front and I've never heard a bigger cheer than when they first walked out on stage. Unfortunately, a lot of the crowd seemed more interested in just barging into each other and crowd surfing rather than the actual performance so that did let it down a bit. It certainly looked like the band were really enjoying it though and applauded when a couple of people broke out of the crowd and got onstage. Kele was grinning all night which was great.

Unusually, they opened up with "So Here We Are", usually they open with "Like Eating Glass" but they saved that for much later on.

I can't really remember the order the songs were played in but I can remember that they played:

So Here We Are
Blue Light
This Modern Love
Plans
Banquet
She's Hearing Voices (complete with Kele doing "scary" dancing)
Little Thoughts
Luno
Positive Tension

And I remember the encore had:

Like Eating Glass
Helicopter
The Present
Two More Years
Price Of Gasoline
Skeleton - HELL YES! They played Skeleton! It was the last night of their UK tour so they played it. So very rare of them to play it but the hardcore fans love that song. Third time I've seen the play, first time I've seen them play that. God, I was so excited when they played that, shame not everyone knew it.

And they finished with The Pioneers - complete with looooooads of confetti being shot out over the crowd from both sides of the stage, great way to end the show.

Shame a lot of the crowd were complete wankers or it would have been a 10/10 show for me, crowd let it down quite a lot though. The band were still f'ing great despite that.

Author:   BigBhaarlokzMon
Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 12:05pm (PST)
Sounds good, apart from the crowd... makes me wish I'd gone to see 'em at Rock City.

Author:   bl3nd3r
Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 5:11pm (PST)
I saw Bloc Party last month... with Interpol, and The Bravery... that show pwned. I left happy. Had a nice sleep too. Still haven't been able to stop singing "Helicopter" when I'm out driving.

Date:   Oct 31, 05 at 5:58pm (PST)
Blue Streak, that show sounds like it was amazing! I'm really hyped about seeing them this weekend now. How long were they playing for? An hour and a half?

Date:   Oct 31, 05 at 6:09pm (PST)
Yeah, about that long. Really good set, I'm sure the show you're seeing will be damned good as well, they recently said that they don't get to go to Ireland as often as they'd like so they're determined to make an impact when they get over there.

Date:   Oct 31, 05 at 6:12pm (PST)
Yea they're not that big over here. Although they played Oxegen back in July and that would've won them a lot of fans. I can't wait... just 5 more days and I'll be in Belfast!

Date:   Oct 31, 05 at 6:31pm (PST)
Wow, they sound amazing live. I hope they play at Glastonbury next time it's on, because I'll probably be there.

Date:   Oct 31, 05 at 6:51pm (PST)
quote Irish_Gamer
Although they played Oxegen back in July
They had a bit of a calamity at Oxegen unfortunately. Their rented equipment wasn't up to scratch and everything was set up wrong. Their sound wasn't anywhere near as good as they would have liked. Gordy was the one who snapped in the end and apparently smashed up his bass. He apologised for it on the Bloc Party forum though and paid for the broken equipment.

Date:   Oct 31, 05 at 6:56pm (PST)
They still got a good reaction from the crowd. The people that knew about them already started cheering and it encouraged the ones that didn't have a clue. Was a good atmosphere

They played Glastonbury this year. Like Eating Glass was amazing, as was Positive Tension

Date:   Oct 31, 05 at 8:02pm (PST)
quote Irish_Gamer
They played Glastonbury this year. Like Eating Glass was amazing, as was Positive Tension

But I didn't get to go to this years festival, unfortuneatly.

Date:   Nov 01, 05 at 6:01pm (PST)
Neither was I (I wish I was...)

I saw them on BBC2.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Nov 05, 05 at 12:47pm (PST)
I hope they have a collection of unreleased tracks sometime in the future, maybe around the next album. Blue Streak said he had 85 of their songs, kind of unbelievable. I don't try to find anything very hard, though.

I doubt it's much for anyone, considering the number of MTV haters, but right now MTV2 is offering 4 live bloc party MP3s in their downloads sections, from somewhere it don't know. They're probably not as good as other live Bloc Party recordings, labeled as 'Live at MTV.com...' Check it out. I'll let the die hard fans be the judge. =P

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.