Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Bloc Party - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t510663-bloc-party/3.htm

Author:   Sphinx
Date:   Oct 16, 05 at 12:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Bloc Party
-------------------------------------------
Love this band, haven't seen them live though, as when I was at Reading this year they clashed with Iron Maiden so I didn't see them. Really love Silent Alarm though.
I used to think they were really overrated until I heard Helicopter which really changed my opinion as before that I'd only heard So Here We Are. Favourite songs are Positive Tension, Plans, This Modern Love, Helicopter and Blue Light.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Oct 16, 05 at 3:36pm (PST)
There was a Silent Alarm Remixed released this fall, but it seemed like a gimmick to me. Songs are good enough, and much more focused on the original to need remixing. It could have easily just been an EP or single, without all the songs redone. Don't they know to wait a few decades like those rap-remix tycoons did?

Author:   jonaldinho2004
Date:   Oct 16, 05 at 4:32pm (PST)
I love the songs Banquet and Helicopter, have an amazing 'replayability' feel to both of them

Author:   Irish Gamer
Date:   Oct 16, 05 at 5:23pm (PST)
Loving Silent Alarm again after a couple of albums distracted me from Bloc Party for a while. I'm seeing them in Belfast on November 4th so I'm really looking forward to that.

I'm loving the more mellow songs on the album at the moment, ones like Blue Light, So Here We Are and This Modern Love. The whole album is class, but I find those songs particularly soothing.

And is it just me, or is Compliments really atmospheric?

Author:   Blue Streak
Date:   Oct 16, 05 at 8:32pm (PST)
Not just you, it's a very atmospheric song.

Bloc Party continue to be my favourite band in the world today, at last count I now have 87 Bloc Party MP3s including stuff from the early EPs, live tracks, a load of remixes and the new single "Two More Years".

Seeing them in a couple of weeks at Brixton Academy which will be the third time I've seen them this year and then I'll be seeing them again in December at a fans only gig before they disappear back into the studio to come up with what will hopefully be a fantastic second album.

Author:   alphatyrone
Date:   Oct 16, 05 at 9:38pm (PST)
I'm looking forward to getting the super duper edition of Silent Alarm. Bloc Part milks their music more than George Lucas does.

Date:   Oct 16, 05 at 9:46pm (PST)
Ha, yeah, they do a bit don't they? This'll be the fourth different version of Silent Alarm. The standard one, the limited edition one with a live DVD, Silent Alarm remixed (if you want to count that one) and now Silent Alarm Deluxe with the uber DVD.

I've just ordered the new DVD seperately as I already have the album, looking forward to watching it.

Author:   alphatyrone
Date:   Oct 16, 05 at 10:13pm (PST)
Don't you just find it just a little bit pretentious that they charge you to post on the fan site? Maybe ghey even?

Date:   Oct 16, 05 at 10:19pm (PST)
No, not really. Not when you take into account the fan club only gig they're putting on in December for only £7 a ticket and all the free MP3s that are on there as well as getting to hear some stuff before it gets released. It's only £2 a year, I think it's worth it but then I am a Bloc Party freak.

There are some bands fan clubs out there that will charge far more money for far less output. Some have been known to charge upwards of £20 for a quartly newsletter which is a bit crap.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Oct 18, 05 at 7:31pm (PST)
quote Blue Streak
Not just you, it's a very atmospheric song.

Bloc Party continue to be my favourite band in the world today, at last count I now have 87 Bloc Party MP3s including stuff from the early EPs, live tracks, a load of remixes and the new single "Two More Years".

Seeing them in a couple of weeks at Brixton Academy which will be the third time I've seen them this year and then I'll be seeing them again in December at a fans only gig before they disappear back into the studio to come up with what will hopefully be a fantastic second album.
New album for next year? That's great. I heard "Two More Years," though, and initially wasn't that impressed. It sounds a little more retro, a little less of the Silent Alarm thing. It's good for a band to progress in their albums, but something about the sound in the new song bothered me. The first album grew on me; maybe these new tracks will, too.

Wish I was in a place where I could see the band live, though. I imagine they have a lot of energy and power on the stage; probably jump around a lot, at least on the quick songs.

Date:   Oct 19, 05 at 5:06pm (PST)
£2?! *signs up*

Author:   Crispy_Bacon
Date:   Oct 27, 05 at 10:43am (PST)
Helicopter is an awesome song, I might just check out Silent Alarm some time.

Date:   Oct 27, 05 at 6:04pm (PST)
Might? Check it out, it's an awesome album.

Helicopter is probably my favourite song on it. Or was, till I realised it was "Are you hoping for a miracle?" instead of "Are you hungry for a miracle?" I thought hungry was really unique

This Modern Love or else Positive Tension are my favourite songs on the album.

Author:   anluan04
Date:   Oct 27, 05 at 6:20pm (PST)
Banquet is probably my favourite song overall but i'm loving "The Pioneers" at the moment. Luno is also quality. A great upturn in pace towards the end of the album.

Date:   Oct 27, 05 at 6:22pm (PST)
Plans is great as well. I love the whole friggin album!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.