Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Bloc Party - page 20

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t510663-bloc-party/20.htm

Author:   Squall
Date:   Oct 09, 09 at 12:04am (PST)
Subject:   re: Bloc Party
-------------------------------------------
I need to check out thier "A Weekend in the City" album, I prefer softer indie music, with pop elements.

Author:   Euphoric
Date:   Oct 15, 09 at 3:20am (PST)
Steve Aoki tonight! Wooooo!!!

Author:   The Dave
Date:   Oct 16, 09 at 5:57pm (PST)
Really Euphoric? That has to be one of the worst Bloc Party mixes I've ever heard.

It's a heartless remix, by stripping the song down to admittedly rather lame vocals and dropping the jutting guitars and awesome rhythm section you're left with a track that's got no soul. Of course a remix doesn't have to carry the tone of the original but to take such an iconic track and play some dull drum beats and synth chords underneath with some RnB vocals alongside Kele's just strikes me as uninspired at best.

Sorry Euphoric, I'm guessing he's much better live than over youtube.

Author:   Euphoric
Date:   Oct 17, 09 at 4:54am (PST)
I probably should have mentioned that when I first posted. I don't actually like that song either (he didn't play it which was probably a good thing), but I wanted something to post instead of just me going "woooooo". Probably should have used Warp in the Beetroots thread in hindsight.

He was awesome live though. He does heaps of actual on the spot mixing and live vocals, which for big name DJs in the modern day is actually a bit of a rarity. They all like doing pre-mixed sets now so they don't *bleep* up. Even though the little screw ups are what add character to a set, and make it so it doesn't sound like you're listening to a record.

Author:   Mocking Alvin
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 6:00pm (PST)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16398863

New album in the works. If it sounds nothing like Kele's solo music i'll be very happy.

Author:   Sprout
Date:   Jan 04, 12 at 9:44pm (PST)
quote Mocking Alvin
If it sounds nothing like Kele's solo music i'll be very happy.
Haha, me too. I really didn't like The Hunter but The Boxer was alright, still no where near as good as anything from Bloc Party.

I can't wait for this, especially after all the rumours about Kele leaving and them auditioning a new singer

I hope this album sounds more like Silent Alarm and A Weekend... and less like Intimacy.

Author:   EricF
Date:   Jan 05, 12 at 12:52am (PST)
quote Mocking Alvin
New album in the works. If it sounds nothing like Kele's solo music i'll be very happy.
Seconded. Kele needs to have less solo influence on it, especially since he's had The Boxer. A nice return to A Weekend In the City would be good enough for me.

Author:   Shattered Silence
Date:   Jan 05, 12 at 1:07pm (PST)
I always have the hope with every new release of theirs that it'll sound more like Silent Alarm. Fingers crossed.

Author:   GregtheGreat
Date:   Jan 05, 12 at 2:37pm (PST)
quote EricF
quote Mocking Alvin
Seconded. Kele needs to have less solo influence on it, especially since he's had The Boxer. A nice return to A Weekend In the City would be good enough for me.
Ditto.

I also don't want another Intimacy.

Author:   Mycon
Date:   Jan 05, 12 at 4:43pm (PST)
More songs like Kreuzberg and I Still Remember please, Weekend in the City was a great mix of uptempo, happy and reflective songs, brilliant album. Great to see them back together though, so much talent and potential.

Author:   Irish Gamer
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 11:42pm (PST)
I'm with Shattered. More Silent Alarm please. Plans is still one of my favourite songs. Never mind This Modern Love <3

Author:   Archimonde_STG
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 11:55pm (PST)
quote Sprout
I hope this album sounds more like Silent Alarm and A Weekend... and less like Intimacy.
^^ Just that. Especially Silent Alarm, damn that was a fantastic album.

Author:   Toby
Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 12:27am (PST)
Just give me the album already. I want, I want, I want.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 1:52am (PST)

Author:   EricF
Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 6:50am (PST)
Niiiiice. Let's hope that Kele's electronic days are behind them and we get another A Weekend in the City, or at least elements from it!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.