Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Bloc Party - page 17

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t510663-bloc-party/17.htm

Author:   The Dave
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 12:23pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Bloc Party
-------------------------------------------
quote blocparty.com
Bloc Party will release a brand new single 'One More Chance' on the 10th of August through Wichita Recordings.

The new track was recorded in April with Jacknife Lee and mixed with Phillipe Zdar.

'One More Chance' will be aired for the first time on Zane Lowe's Radio One show this Thursday 18th June.
Damn, you can't fault their work rate, thought it'd be ages before they released anything new. Hopefully this song is more reminiscient of Silent Alarm/AWITC Bloc Party but somehow I think that's unlikely.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 3:12pm (PST)
Intimacy still hasn't grown on me whereas the first two albums are both getting regular play, Silent Alarm especially, so I don't know how much I'm looking forward to it. Either way, it's Bloc Party - it's at least worth finding out. Any rough time as to when we can expect to hear it? Not a regular to Radio One unless I'm in a car, so I'm not too used to their shows/structure.

Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 4:29pm (PST)
I'll find and post a youtube vid up tomorrow sometime unless someone beats me to it.

Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 4:57pm (PST)
I think I'll just tune in tonight anyway. Never been a fan of Lowe/Gonzo/MTV2 but I've checked out his show timings so I might as well check it out.

Author:   auctoria
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 5:01pm (PST)
I do like some Intimacy. The first two tracks are especially good but I just seem to switch off a few songs later; don't even think I've listened to the album in full once.

Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 6:29pm (PST)
The song's on in a minute if anyone's interested.

Edit: I loved that, so so much.

Edit: Being played again - yes please.

Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 10:39pm (PST)

I don't like.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a terrible piece of music, the classic 90s house keyboard refrain is infectious right from the get go, it's just the song doesn't really go anywhere, ambling from chorus to verse with no real drive or climax. I'm not opposed to the band's restaging of their brand of indie rock onto the dance floor but it seems that with every release the post-punk, indie rock core that made Silent Alarm one of the greatest UK albums of the last decade has been watered down in the search for the mythical "new direction".

Author:   windowlicker
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 10:59pm (PST)
I like classic house music, but I can't decide whether it suits Bloc Party. I think I have to listen to it more to make a better judgement.

Author:   Taio
Date:   Jun 19, 09 at 9:05am (PST)
turned on the radio last night and caught the last 30 seconds, but listening to it now, it sounds like a lot of the more recent Bloc Party stuff, but with out the same quality of lyrics which imo is the only thing that really held up the last album

I think we might have to let go of our dreams of there ever being a second Silent Alarm, and just cope with them being another quite good live band that sometimes wear nice t shirts

Author:   Richardlfc
Date:   Jun 19, 09 at 10:28pm (PST)
The band loves to change style don't they, haha.

It's not a bad song, I'm not too fond of the verses, the chorus is cool though. I'd love it if they just stuck to the boundary of not going into Electric/Dance that much, they've got a lot of creativity which isn't shown a lot in this.

Author:   Element
Date:   Jun 20, 09 at 12:45am (PST)

Bah. They've gone downhill so much. I can't say I like them at all any more tbh.

Author:   AvengedAnger
Date:   Jun 20, 09 at 3:41am (PST)
I don't know a single person who doesn't like them! They're absolutely amazing!

Author:   Slumpy monkey
Date:   Jun 26, 09 at 10:20pm (PST)
There playing live now on BBC 3! Just played hunting for witches. There performance is average, but there still good.

1 hour of em. THEN FAMILY GUY!

Author:   EricF
Date:   Jun 26, 09 at 10:37pm (PST)
Hmm, I don't think I really like One More Chance. It just doesn't really sound like Bloc Party. I think it's the keyboard that puts me off. But you never know, it might grow on me.

Author:   Slumpy monkey
Date:   Jun 26, 09 at 10:39pm (PST)
Now we got some sucky guy playing.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.