Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Kings of Leon - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t489782-kings-of-leon/7.htm

Author:   DanielT
Date:   Dec 03, 10 at 1:35pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Kings of Leon
-------------------------------------------
Much prefer Come Around Sundown to Only By The Shite. Only liked Closer from their 4th effort but CAS is just a feel-good album I could listen to at any point. I like how Radioactive is the single but isn't getting raped by every music and radio station.

Good going KoL.

Author:   rh
Date:   Dec 03, 10 at 7:45pm (PST)
Not sure if I like their new album. Haven't really heard enough of it, although it's not making me want to. Not a fan of their old stuff either. However, Only By The Night was and still is one of my favourite albums. 'Closer', 'Revelry' and 'Sex On Fire' are the best song on it in my opinion.

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Oct 02, 11 at 12:24pm (PST)
Bump
I liked each album.
I wasn't all bitch mode cuz they switched it up a bit.
I mean the point of music is ro have each listener experience something different,which holds true since some songs called shit were praised by others.
I quite enjoyed Only by the night since it was my first time listening to the band's work.
Liked Cold desert alot.
From oldrr material I enjoy milk,holy roller novocaine,true love way,revelry,notion,radioactive,4 kicks and so on.
I think the main reason they switched it up was to have some recognition from us fans.
Whivh is a thank god moment for me since I wouldn't have ever heard about them.
Also Did I mention Bump?

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Aug 04, 12 at 6:41pm (PST)
bump for a rather forgotten great band as far as i'm concerned

So much love for their older stuff, but their last album was so weak. They've evolved into a really lame band in my opinion which is such a massive shame.

Anyone else feel the same? Looking at the activity of this thread, it looks like people think the same anyway.

Date:   Aug 04, 12 at 7:26pm (PST)
Have they released new material?

Last album I heard was Only by the Night. Well I can't really say I feel the same, because as I mentioned up there I wouldn't have even heard or known about this band if not for their Only by the Night album which I believe was their first successful album in USA.

Date:   Aug 04, 12 at 7:31pm (PST)
Wakaman they released Come Around Sundown late 2010. I haven't even bothered listening to much of it, I really didn't like what I heard. Weak.

Only by the Night is a great album. Although I still kinda prefer their older sound to that.

I miss old KoL. I don't even like wearing my t-shirt anymore for what they've become, might bin it.

Date:   Aug 04, 12 at 7:50pm (PST)
quote JonesLFC
Wakaman they released Come Around Sundown late 2010. I haven't even bothered listening to much of it, I really didn't like what I heard. Weak.

Only by the Night is a great album. Although I still kinda prefer their older sound to that.

I miss old KoL. I don't even like wearing my t-shirt anymore for what they've become, might bin it.
Send it my way instead.

Yeah I'll have to check that album out in full, only heard radioactive, and it's amazing.

Author:   EvilTediz597
Date:   Aug 04, 12 at 11:00pm (PST)
Hahaha. Was playing Guitar Hero with some buddies today and we played Sex on Fire. Myself on guitar, friend on vocals and bass, and another on drums. Our performance of vocals and guitar (whammy) and some freestyling of the drums was inspired by this performance.

Anyways, the band's alright I guess. Never really listened to them myself, but I enjoy Sex on Fire and Radioactive. Hate Notion.

Author:   DaveyPoshboy
Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 5:13pm (PST)
Jared (the bassist) tweeted that they're recording new music now

Didn't rate Only By The Night. Didn't really sound like "them" you know, and I'm usually all for bands growing etc. Only really memorable track is 'Cold Desert' which is flawless and probably the best song they've composed imo.

"Come Around Sundown" was an awesome record. Still stadium rock sure, but it had more of their Southern roots in it I think (Mary, Back Down South, The Face, Immortals).

Don't really like Sex on Fire and Use Somebody, in fact I don't think I've ever listened to those tracks by CD. They were, however, epic live. Especially Use Somebody. Obvs older stuff was better live but yerknow.

Date:   Jun 14, 13 at 6:42pm (PST)
Saw these guys live at the o2 last night

Was immense as always, vocally perfection and they looked like they were up for it a lot. New song was dirty southern rock.. First album style.

Sound glitch during Milk was an epic fail though. Dunno what happened but I have it on video and will upload it soon... 10/10 as always

Date:   Jun 14, 13 at 6:56pm (PST)
Still in love with Cold Desert. Any news on when they're gonna release the album?

Date:   Jun 20, 13 at 7:22pm (PST)
Out September i think Wakaman.

quote DaveyPoshboy
Saw these guys live at the o2 last night

Was immense as always, vocally perfection and they looked like they were up for it a lot. New song was dirty southern rock.. First album style.

Sound glitch during Milk was an epic fail though. Dunno what happened but I have it on video and will upload it soon... 10/10 as always
I too went to that gig. Loved it! Fair play, they are spot on. Brilliant vocals. Bit disappointed they didn't play a few of my faves though. Especially Red Morning Light & King of the Rodeo which are classics in my opinion. Few others as well. But can't really complain, great setlist. I even really liked the songs off their last album, which i wasn't fussed on before hand. Actually, Pyro was one of my faves at the gig.

Where were you? I was sat quite straight on, about 3 rows from the VERY top. Man, that is high indeed. Was sat on the side in the first couple of rows of top tier for Biffy, 2 Guns n Roses gigs and Chili Peppers, i can't believe the difference. It was SO much further away. Still awesome though seeing the whole arena from that view.

The sound glitch was pretty funny, he thought the crowd were cheering because they were being awesome, haha!

Don't know about you but I loved the sound of their new song 'Always The Same/Don't Matter.' Haven't been able to get it out of my head since the gig. Sounds so much like old school Kings of Leon, looking forward to hearing the rest of the album if it's going to be the same.

Here it is for those who haven't heard. This isn't my video, and it's from the night before, but the sound is decent.

This message was edited on 2013-06-20T19:50:57-07:00.

Date:   Jun 21, 13 at 5:39am (PST)
Yeah I was pretty bummed they didn't play Charmer but happily took Holly Roller as compensation

I was sat on the side about halfway back and 4 rows from the front of the top tier barrier so had a pretty decent view. Everyone was standing in my bit as well so it was pretty good atmosphere. The end of Pyro was immense with the crowd singing along etc, proper goosebumps moment!

& I'm the same with their new song, quite excited for their new album cos it sounds raw. Supersoaker doesn't sound as rocky but it still sounds more like their earlier stuff than the stuff off OBTN which if fine by me. I don't even hate that album so much as I just don't care for it lol. Cold Desert though >

Date:   Jun 21, 13 at 9:06am (PST)
Aye, Charmer is another one I wish they played! And California Waiting, Revelry...

Date:   Jun 24, 13 at 9:31pm (PST)
The day they stop playing Sex on Fire and Use Somebody will be the happiest day of my life

They might have to go back to playing smaller venues but *bleep* me it'll be worth it to get rid of the knobs who do *bleep* all for an hour of the show

surely it wasn't just me who notifced how unmoved Caleb looked during those 2 lol

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.