Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Between the Buried and Me - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t431846-between-buried/8.htm

Author:   screamingabdabs
Date:   Jun 09, 08 at 5:50pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Between the Buried and Me
-------------------------------------------
I really need to try some of their other stuff ya know. Which is better, Colors or Alaska?

Author:   Iscariot
Date:   Jun 09, 08 at 6:17pm (PST)
From a personal standpoint, I'd say Colors all the way. Even if it's your first foray into the band's material, I think everyone needs to experience this album at least once. Absolutely built to blow the listener away.

As far as Alaska, it's my least favorite, with Silent Circus being my top, but that's all individual tastes, and you could feel differently about it. Wouldn't blame you, either way.
Check 'em both out, though. Alaska feels very much to me like a sophomore album, testing the chemistry of the new lineup and moving in a different direction. There are some standout performances out there, but the overall effect just didn't have me feeling euphoric about the it. Even The Anatomy Of ... left me in higher spirits, but admittedly, that's probably among my favorite covers albums released to date.
Speaking of which, check that one out, too.

Author:   screamingabdabs
Date:   Jun 09, 08 at 8:12pm (PST)
Okay, thanks. Is the self-titled release decent aswell?

Date:   Jun 09, 08 at 8:54pm (PST)
Definitely, though Tommy's vocals are pretty nagging at times, squawking and screeching more than the lower growls of later releases.
It's worth checking out, though. I love the instrumentals, particularly percussion, in it. It's a more hardcore, less metal sound, but it's beautiful nonetheless.

This is one band you really need to hear everything from, if for nothing else, just because they've made so many changes over the years.

Author:   Deadwing
Date:   Jun 17, 08 at 3:50pm (PST)
I'd just like to say, White Walls is an amazing song, it's like 3 different songs attached to make 14mins of sheer brilliance? Colors as a whole, is nothing short of amazing, too.

Author:   Chief99
Date:   Oct 19, 08 at 11:19pm (PST)
- one of the best band names
- created one of the best progressive epic albums to date - colors

Date:   Oct 20, 08 at 1:47am (PST)
The name's derived from the lyrics of Counting Crows' "Ghost Train", featured on their August and Everything After debut album.

Considering BTBAM also covered "Colorblind", they're obviously fans.

===-----

Author:   nrock55
Date:   Feb 09, 09 at 3:13am (PST)
Colors Live was absolutley amazing. I was so suprised that paul could actually sing!

Shevanel Cut a Flip
Ad a dgldmut
Aspirations
Probably some of my new favorite btbam stuff, from their older albums anyways, i only recently listened to the old stuff, I'm moving backwards while tracking their progress haha.
Its amazing how you can see their evolution as a band though since their self titled up until colors.

Author:   Karl
Date:   Feb 09, 09 at 7:50pm (PST)
I freakin' love this band, and am definitely going to have to pick up Colors (Live) and The Silent Circus.
I already have Alaska and Colors, and it's like nothing I've ever heard before. I doubt another metal band could put this sort of stuff into music and make it sound great.
The intro to Informal Gluttony is class.

Date:   Feb 09, 09 at 8:20pm (PST)
Colors live is like an exact replica of the colors cd, I'm not saying this to take you away from buying it, it's a good thing really. The way btbam plays live and in recordings is practically identical, if you couldnt hear the crowd cheering so loudly then you probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a recording and a live version. Paul is a master at this stuff.

Date:   Feb 09, 09 at 9:41pm (PST)
get it for the dvd; the audio cd's nice to have, but i doubt you'll have much reason to listen to it often considering the alternatives.

now, if it had the extra songs, it would be so much more worth it. bummer having to butt heads with former record labels, though. and victory's not the most assertive group out there; they have a horrible team of upper management who i'm shocked haven't run the company into the ground yet. here's hoping the greats like btbam and darkest hour get out of there sooner than later.

Date:   Feb 10, 09 at 1:11am (PST)
Yea i have the dvd and cd and the second set is amazing, i prefer it to the colors possibly

But I kinda like that they are more underground then mainstream because it is great to have such a close fan base. They still have that down to earth feel and it would suck to see mainstream popularity take that away from them.

Date:   Feb 10, 09 at 1:48am (PST)
agree wholeheartedly; victory's a pretty mainstream label in the big scheme of things. I'm hoping the better bands cut away and find something more fitting, such as metalblade or black market activities, as opposed to being stuck with the dickwad moneygrubbers that run victory.

Date:   Feb 10, 09 at 1:54am (PST)
Watching victory screw up the metal scene is like watching metal injection interviews, I cant stand it. Its so hard to find a decent label in this genre these days. Victory will just take you, cram shows up your arse and reap the benefits. In my opinion anyways

Date:   Feb 10, 09 at 1:55am (PST)
couldn't have said it better myself. maybe a few more choice words here and there, but you hit the nail on the head.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.