Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Between the Buried and Me - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t431846-between-buried/5.htm

Author:   Revolution27
Date:   Jun 14, 06 at 7:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: Between the Buried and Me
-------------------------------------------
Their cover cd is pretty good. I love their version of "Us and Them" origionally by Pink Floyd. And "Geek USA" by Smashing Pumpkins. The rest are between good and alright. I was hoping it'd be a little bit better, but considering I don't really like the origional versions of most of the songs in the first place, I doubted I'd like the covers.

And there's not enough growling on this CD either. Which is something you will NEVER, EVER hear me say about any other band.

Author:   Matt v1
Date:   Jun 14, 06 at 11:50am (PST)
i agree with you, itsok . but some of there growling would have been good on cemetary gates. the voice is always soft on that cover

Author:   Chief99
Date:   Oct 03, 06 at 2:44am (PST)
I just got Alaska tonight...havent listened yet but from what I heard the cd kicks ass

Author:   Revolution27
Date:   Oct 04, 06 at 1:01am (PST)
ALASKA is to music, what a Stanley Kubrick movie is to film. Once you hear it and absorb it all, you have a whole new perspective on what music is.

Author:   standard
Date:   Jul 11, 07 at 9:37pm (PST)
They posted a link on their myspace of some short clips of them recording their new album Colors. It looks as though it's going to be fkn amazing, surprise.. Ha.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uREa-9o2ylE)

Author:   DearestApollo
Date:   Aug 19, 07 at 7:07am (PST)
So Colors is amazing.

I got the leak. Intense and Peaceful is the best description.

Author:   D Ray Silva
Date:   Sep 26, 07 at 8:45am (PST)
yeah. Colors is fkn amazing. It literally has every genre of music you can imagine all wrapped into one long album long song. =D. And the transitions between genres are flawless and perfect. Omgosh. I didn't think they could out do their last album (which in my opinion was made by Selkies) but I think they did. Still don't think the 4 minute solo on the last track out did Selkies though. haha.

but yeah. everyone should go out and get it!

about 3 minutes into The Sun Of Nothing is the sickest part I've ever heard lol. I smile everytime i hear it.

Author:   FortePenance
Date:   Sep 26, 07 at 9:40am (PST)
I loved Viridian. *bleep*ing jazztastic beginning mann. Ants of the Sky and White Walls are *bleep*ing epic too. They took off the free stream on their myspace though.

Author:   D Ray Silva
Date:   Sep 27, 07 at 10:59am (PST)
yeah i just went to torrent-finder and got the advance cuz i couldn't wait. the actual album is out now though. wonder if it sounds any different.

Date:   Sep 27, 07 at 3:01pm (PST)
Doubt it. It was leaked like a month back anyway. Colors came out on the 18th lol.

sidenote//Mordecai off that other album was really cool. But I think Colors is their best work.

Author:   Lupin3rd
Date:   Nov 05, 07 at 8:36pm (PST)
Draysilva! holy zeus, didn't have you pegged for a batm fellow, hi.

I've got Silent Circus and Alaska and as a fan of Mordecai and Selkies I'm going to have to ask: is there anything of similar ilk on Colors? before I drop £8 on a download.

Author:   Chief99
Date:   Nov 09, 07 at 6:13am (PST)
This band is awesome. They have one of the coolest band names I've heard of, top 3 for me. Also, they are really unique and their cover of Counting Crows' Colorblind is a magnificant piece of music!

Date:   Nov 09, 07 at 12:45pm (PST)
Lupin, the general consensus with Colors that unlike the prev. albums, there's no 1 standout track like Mordecai and Selkies on the album... the whole thing is really just great, i'd pretty much recommend it.

In fact after listening to BTBAM's older stuff, I'd even say that Colors, Mordecai and Selkies are really the only BTBAM songs I like.

Author:   Reaper FX
Date:   Nov 09, 07 at 1:46pm (PST)
This band is so lame. I cant hear a word they are singing, sounds like a jumbled mess of screamo.

Author:   Lupin3rd
Date:   Nov 09, 07 at 1:54pm (PST)
Good for you.

quote FortePenance
Lupin, the general consensus with Colors that unlike the prev. albums, there's no 1 standout track like Mordecai and Selkies on the album... the whole thing is really just great, i'd pretty much recommend it.
Alright, I think I'll have a gander then, thanks.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.