Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Franz Ferdinand - page 20

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t377935-franz-ferdinand/20.htm

Author:   AnonymousGuy
Date:   Feb 20, 06 at 9:01pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Franz Ferdinand
-------------------------------------------
Yea, other than "take me out" they are not well heard of in the U.S. You can blame Britney Spears and Usher.

Author:   sloprano
Date:   Feb 24, 06 at 2:14am (PST)
quote GregtheGreat
It depends where you're from really. For example, here in the UK they're one of the biggest bands in the country
well, that is because they are from that side of the pond. that is like you saying billy talent is not big over in the UK, but since they are from canada, they are really big here.

I do blame spears and usher. lousy pop.

Author:   bobbyblobby2
Date:   Mar 11, 06 at 5:12am (PST)
I like the way Franz Ferdinand music works

sounds dorky...kinda is dorky... yet soooo good.

Author:   Phan10 2 0
Date:   Mar 11, 06 at 5:14am (PST)
i like his TAKE ME OUT song.

Date:   Mar 11, 06 at 8:53am (PST)
I like the second album better than the first. It seems to have more creative flair to it. The first album is really energetic and has a kick to it but the second album sounds like a little more thought was put into some of the lyrics. Anyone agree/disagree on this?

Date:   Mar 13, 06 at 5:09am (PST)
well, I don't know if I'd agree or not, since I can't tell if someone puts effort into lyrics or not. hell, I can't even tell the meanings of most songs.

Date:   Mar 13, 06 at 3:21pm (PST)
Well neither can I. I mean, if you read the lyric books along with the music you can get the gist of what they are trying to say but generally they put alot of nonsensical poetry in. That's ok though, I don't listen to them for lyrics.
Anyway, the second album just sounds like alot more effort was put into guitar riffs, musical ups and downs, and lyrical content.

Author:   Laura J
Date:   Mar 13, 06 at 9:09pm (PST)
quote AnonymousGuy
The first album is really energetic and has a kick to it but the second album sounds like a little more thought was put into some of the lyrics. Anyone agree/disagree on this?
I agree. There's marked improvement and maturation in the lyrics department between the first and second. I love the lyrics to The Fallen and Walk Away. In general, the second album had some great lyrics. Their style is more literal than most. No nonsensical fluff thrown in just to fake profundity. Michael and The Dark of the Matinee had some interesting lyrics on the first album, but the majority of the tracks felt incomplete, like they weren't really sure how to express themselves lyrically yet.

Music-wise, there's the same increase in maturity. I don't know if I'd say they 'improved' so much as diversified. The second album offers up greater variety than the first, but doesn't sound more or less original or interesting. They just experimented a bit more rather than writing another 13 dance tracks.

This message was edited by Laura J on Mar 13 2006.

Date:   Mar 14, 06 at 3:18am (PST)
I really like how freash and funky their guitar riffs are. a nice change of pace for me since I am a big metal head.

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Mar 14, 06 at 9:10am (PST)
Yet to buy You Could Have It So Much Better which I really should do at some point very soon,as it's down to about £5 now.

Date:   Mar 14, 06 at 2:08pm (PST)
Trust me, you want to, it's worth it. It is a kickass album. Lots of nice guitar riffs and twists.

Date:   Mar 17, 06 at 6:31pm (PST)
quote Bs
Yet to buy You Could Have It So Much Better which I really should do at some point very soon,as it's down to about £5 now.
like I said, franz is a nice change of pace.

Date:   Mar 17, 06 at 9:04pm (PST)
Very nice change of pace. Anyway since I'm too lazy to go to a Franz Ferdinand website...

When do they release their next album?

Author:   Myriara
Date:   Mar 17, 06 at 9:27pm (PST)
WAIT...Thay are well enough known in the US...They were at ACL(Austin City Limits). Which is a huge music festival in Austin. They came on right before Coldplay and had a hell of a crowd. Granted the crowd was fro Coldplay but Franz Ferdinand got a hell of lot of publicity with that and everyone around me started singing along w/ the songs. I didn't really know them that well before ACL but know I love them. I love The Fallen.

Date:   Mar 19, 06 at 3:21am (PST)
quote AnonymousGuy
Very nice change of pace. Anyway since I'm too lazy to go to a Franz Ferdinand website...

When do they release their next album?
probably not for a while, since bands that release follow-ups go away for a bit and come back with a new album 3 years or so down the road that sounds completely different e.g. papa roach, sum 41....both of which now sound terrible. hopefully franz won't do this.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.