Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Franz Ferdinand - page 17

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t377935-franz-ferdinand/17.htm

Author:   Laura J
Date:   Dec 22, 05 at 4:11am (PST)
Subject:   re: Franz Ferdinand
-------------------------------------------
The music video for The Fallen is being streamed on Franz Ferdinand dot Net. You also have the option to save it. I don't plan on doing any such thing. I'm disapointed. The Fallen is my favorite track of the album, and this video has none of the pizzazz that marks their music videos. It can't hold your attention the full two and a half minutes. Still, the quality of the stream is truly insulting. It's about the size of a large stamp and painfully blocky. If anyone knows a place to view a higher quality version of the video, please share a link.

Author:   Raijin1999
Date:   Jan 06, 06 at 1:38pm (PST)
'ey! =^_^=

See if this works. Windows media player is being evil to me ever since I killed its automatic updater.

http://videocodes4u.com/song.php?file=46447

You could also try a torrent download. I know they have them out there.

Author:   Danger
Date:   Jan 06, 06 at 2:40pm (PST)
Amazing band Franz Ferdinand, I'm glad there scottish. I especially like Take Me Out, Michael and This Fire. I don't think there newer songs are as good as these but still good enough for me too listen to.

Author:   Sphinx
Date:   Jan 06, 06 at 2:49pm (PST)
I agree, as good as the new album is, I prefer their debut, it just seems fresher and more original.

Author:   sloprano
Date:   Jan 06, 06 at 5:59pm (PST)
well this album is supposed to be darker, but I can't tell how.

Date:   Jan 06, 06 at 6:47pm (PST)
Perhaps; but LOVING the sounds thems axes play. No need for a chiropractor. Seriously.

Date:   Jan 06, 06 at 7:01pm (PST)
quote sloprano
well this album is supposed to be darker, but I can't tell how.
I know what you mean, I can't really detect a darker side to be honest. If anything tracks like Auf Asche and perhaps Come on Home off the first album are darker than the second album.

Date:   Jan 07, 06 at 5:22am (PST)
ahh yes. too true. I mean the second album starts with a goofy song "so they say you're a troubled boy, just because you like to destroy, all the things that bring the idiots joy..."pretty funny.

Author:   Myriara
Date:   Jan 07, 06 at 9:54pm (PST)
I saw Franz Ferdinand at Austin City Limits. They played right before The Bravery. (They didn't open for The Bravery since it's just a whole bunch of different bands playing for two days)...They were so awesome!! Some people around us started out making fun of them but then they ended up liking Franz Ferdinand anyhow. It was so cool!!

Date:   Jan 08, 06 at 4:31am (PST)
I believe that. I didn't like them when they first came out, but their sound grew on me. plus the bass riffs of their songs are really fun to play, especially darts of pleasure.

Author:   Laura J
Date:   Jan 09, 06 at 7:55am (PST)
I don't know how you guys could miss the shift. While the album is by no defintion solemn, it has a somber tone when compared with their debut. Tracks like Walk Away, Fade Together, and Eleanor Put Your Boots On sound like nothing that could have been expected from Franz Ferdinand given their preexisting catelogue. While most of the album is still unmistakably FF, the themes and overall atmosphere are much more serious than the mindless dance tunes of their self-titled album. Listen through once with this in mind, and it's clear that the lyrics and beats are rather sober compared to their previous material.

Date:   Jan 09, 06 at 9:27am (PST)
I did notice the shift what with the use of acoustic guitar on tracks like Walk Away giving a more melancholy feeling, yet I still think darker is a wrongly used adjective.

Date:   Jan 10, 06 at 3:19am (PST)
well, don't forget. darker is a favorite word for the critics these days. I don't know why.

Date:   Jan 10, 06 at 3:23am (PST)
Because in the dictionary of the lazy, darker means more powerful. Not always true, but hey. It seems like everybody is phoning it in these days.

Date:   Jan 11, 06 at 5:36am (PST)
I remembered that maladroit by weezer was called that. I had the same reaction as I did with this album. but I am bad at telling the meanings of songs and stuff.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.