Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Franz Ferdinand - page 16

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t377935-franz-ferdinand/16.htm

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Nov 27, 05 at 7:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: Franz Ferdinand
-------------------------------------------
quote sloprano
I wish they would come here to my city. maybe they did and I missed it....did you know they were originally set out to be a girl's band?
You mean they were meant to be a boyband like Boyzone and all that? I hope they don't have the urge to do that again.

Author:   Sphinx
Date:   Nov 27, 05 at 1:25pm (PST)
quote Whelan
quote sloprano
I wish they would come here to my city. maybe they did and I missed it....did you know they were originally set out to be a girl's band?
You mean they were meant to be a boyband like Boyzone and all that? I hope they don't have the urge to do that again.
No, not like a boyband at all. Their original manifesto when writing songs was to 'make music for girls to dance to'.

Author:   Nilwethion
Date:   Nov 27, 05 at 7:15pm (PST)
The concert last night was amazing. I don't know how many people were in the MEN arena last night, but I guess about 18,000 people were all shouting or Franz Ferdinand. They are one of the best live bands I have ever seen. The support bands were good as well, I especially liked Editors.

Author:   Blue Streak
Date:   Nov 28, 05 at 3:55pm (PST)
Nice glowing review there, makes me very excited about seeing them on Thursday! I haven't seen any of the three bands that are on but I'm a big fan of them all so I'm quite hyped about it.

Date:   Nov 28, 05 at 8:50pm (PST)
quote Blue Streak
Nice glowing review there, makes me very excited about seeing them on Thursday! I haven't seen any of the three bands that are on but I'm a big fan of them all so I'm quite hyped about it.
I assure, they won't let you down

Whereabouts are you seeing them?

Author:   sloprano
Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 4:43am (PST)
quote sphinx87
No, not like a boyband at all. Their original manifesto when writing songs was to 'make music for girls to dance to'.
that is what I meant. but I guess guys found some of their stuff to be pretty neat. I know I did. I like this fire and darts of pleasure. fun to play on the bass.

Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 11:58am (PST)
quote Nilwethion
quote Blue Streak
I assure, they won't let you down

Whereabouts are you seeing them?
Alexandra Palace, not been there before so that should be cool too.

Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 4:13pm (PST)
Whereabouts is Alexandra Palace?

Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 4:42pm (PST)
North London. If I could be more specific than that, I would!

Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 4:54pm (PST)
Oh right then. They have had a pretty hectic schedul, they have played something like the last 6 nights, is has got to be pretty draining.

Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 5:22pm (PST)
And they're playing four nights at this venue alone. I believe the date I'm going to is the second of those four. Originally it was the last but they added another and then another due to demand.

Author:   GregtheGreat
Date:   Dec 04, 05 at 7:18pm (PST)
I was at the final (at least I think it was the final) gig at Alexandra Palace last night. It was awesome, sadly I couldn't stay for the encore, but they had already played all the best songs; Auf Achse, Take Me Out, Michael, The Fallen, Walk Away, The Dark of the Matinee, Tell Her Tonight, Do You Want To and so on_^

Date:   Dec 04, 05 at 11:24pm (PST)
Ooh yeah, I meant to say. I was there on Thursday night. One of my favourite gigs this year, top top stuff. Really enjoyed The Rakes and Editors as well. I was already a big fan of both bands (The Rakes especially) and now I'm even more of a fan after seeing them live. My friend Dan had a chance to talk to Alan Donohoe from The Rakes afterwards but had to pass it up because he was so desperate for the toilet!

My favourite was Auf Achse, I love the keyboard riff. I really enjoyed the mad triple-person drumming near the end though, I forget what track that was for though.

Author:   GregtheGreat
Date:   Dec 05, 05 at 7:11pm (PST)
Auf Achse was awesome live, as was Take Me Out and Come On Home.

At the show on Saturday I missed the first support act but the second was The Cribs who were good.

Author:   Laura J
Date:   Dec 22, 05 at 4:11am (PST)
The music video for The Fallen is being streamed on Franz Ferdinand dot Net. You also have the option to save it. I don't plan on doing any such thing. I'm disapointed. The Fallen is my favorite track of the album, and this video has none of the pizzazz that marks their music videos. It can't hold your attention the full two and a half minutes. Still, the quality of the stream is truly insulting. It's about the size of a large stamp and painfully blocky. If anyone knows a place to view a higher quality version of the video, please share a link.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2016.
All Rights Reserved.