Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Franz Ferdinand - page 16

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t377935-franz-ferdinand/16.htm

Author:   sloprano
Date:   Nov 27, 05 at 4:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: Franz Ferdinand
-------------------------------------------
I wish they would come here to my city. maybe they did and I missed it....did you know they were originally set out to be a girl's band?

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Nov 27, 05 at 7:52am (PST)
quote sloprano
I wish they would come here to my city. maybe they did and I missed it....did you know they were originally set out to be a girl's band?
You mean they were meant to be a boyband like Boyzone and all that? I hope they don't have the urge to do that again.

Author:   Sphinx
Date:   Nov 27, 05 at 1:25pm (PST)
quote Whelan
quote sloprano
You mean they were meant to be a boyband like Boyzone and all that? I hope they don't have the urge to do that again.
No, not like a boyband at all. Their original manifesto when writing songs was to 'make music for girls to dance to'.

Author:   Nilwethion
Date:   Nov 27, 05 at 7:15pm (PST)
The concert last night was amazing. I don't know how many people were in the MEN arena last night, but I guess about 18,000 people were all shouting or Franz Ferdinand. They are one of the best live bands I have ever seen. The support bands were good as well, I especially liked Editors.

Author:   Blue Streak
Date:   Nov 28, 05 at 3:55pm (PST)
Nice glowing review there, makes me very excited about seeing them on Thursday! I haven't seen any of the three bands that are on but I'm a big fan of them all so I'm quite hyped about it.

Date:   Nov 28, 05 at 8:50pm (PST)
quote Blue Streak
Nice glowing review there, makes me very excited about seeing them on Thursday! I haven't seen any of the three bands that are on but I'm a big fan of them all so I'm quite hyped about it.
I assure, they won't let you down

Whereabouts are you seeing them?

Author:   sloprano
Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 4:43am (PST)
quote sphinx87
No, not like a boyband at all. Their original manifesto when writing songs was to 'make music for girls to dance to'.
that is what I meant. but I guess guys found some of their stuff to be pretty neat. I know I did. I like this fire and darts of pleasure. fun to play on the bass.

Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 11:58am (PST)
quote Nilwethion
quote Blue Streak
I assure, they won't let you down

Whereabouts are you seeing them?
Alexandra Palace, not been there before so that should be cool too.

Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 4:13pm (PST)
Whereabouts is Alexandra Palace?

Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 4:42pm (PST)
North London. If I could be more specific than that, I would!

Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 4:54pm (PST)
Oh right then. They have had a pretty hectic schedul, they have played something like the last 6 nights, is has got to be pretty draining.

Date:   Nov 29, 05 at 5:22pm (PST)
And they're playing four nights at this venue alone. I believe the date I'm going to is the second of those four. Originally it was the last but they added another and then another due to demand.

Author:   GregtheGreat
Date:   Dec 04, 05 at 7:18pm (PST)
I was at the final (at least I think it was the final) gig at Alexandra Palace last night. It was awesome, sadly I couldn't stay for the encore, but they had already played all the best songs; Auf Achse, Take Me Out, Michael, The Fallen, Walk Away, The Dark of the Matinee, Tell Her Tonight, Do You Want To and so on_^

Date:   Dec 04, 05 at 11:24pm (PST)
Ooh yeah, I meant to say. I was there on Thursday night. One of my favourite gigs this year, top top stuff. Really enjoyed The Rakes and Editors as well. I was already a big fan of both bands (The Rakes especially) and now I'm even more of a fan after seeing them live. My friend Dan had a chance to talk to Alan Donohoe from The Rakes afterwards but had to pass it up because he was so desperate for the toilet!

My favourite was Auf Achse, I love the keyboard riff. I really enjoyed the mad triple-person drumming near the end though, I forget what track that was for though.

Author:   GregtheGreat
Date:   Dec 05, 05 at 7:11pm (PST)
Auf Achse was awesome live, as was Take Me Out and Come On Home.

At the show on Saturday I missed the first support act but the second was The Cribs who were good.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.