Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Franz Ferdinand - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t377935-franz-ferdinand/12.htm

Author:   bl3nd3r
Date:   Apr 29, 05 at 10:32pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Franz Ferdinand
-------------------------------------------
quote Lojik
Has anyone heard the acoustic version of Darts of Pleasure? Much better than the original.
The laid-back version? I've heard it a few times... Franz Ferdinand should've added that version instead of the one on the album. I believe it's called "Words so Leisured" on a some single's b-side.

Author:   Laura J
Date:   Apr 29, 05 at 10:46pm (PST)
Rares and lives versions are a click away at the fan community, www.FranzFerdinand.org. The audio/video section has b-sides and acoustics, etc, available for download. It also offers up lyrics, tabs, news, wallpaper, avatars, and much more for the FF-inclined.

Author:   sloprano
Date:   May 02, 05 at 1:58am (PST)
I wonder when their new stuff is coming out?

Author:   BANDITO ATTACK
Date:   May 02, 05 at 7:49pm (PST)
Franz Ferdinand is good in my book. : ) That's not saying much, I like nearly anything that isn't really heavy..

*this fire is outta control.. laa la lalala laa la lalala*

Author:   Lil Li
Date:   May 03, 05 at 6:48pm (PST)
referring to a few pages back the song 'michael' is written about a friend of theirs named michael who had a gay experience.

Also, about their new stuff they are currently recording. Kapranos says he's being influenced by Bowie and i think it was dylan not so sure. It's also reported they may be colaborating with snoop dogg.

EDIT: Yes it was bowie and dylan... read more about it here Kapranos on the new album

This message was edited by Lil Li on May 03 2005.

Date:   May 03, 05 at 7:29pm (PST)
quote Lil Li
It's also reported they may be colaborating with snoop dogg.
The collaboration is for Snoop Dogg's next album though, not Franz Ferdinand. I found it humorous since the rapper referred to them as "the people that sang Take Me Out."

Didn't Alex make an appearance in another hip hop video? I caught a few seconds of it late one night. There was a lot of celebrity cameos, but the most prominent was Alex, since he had back-up vocals and was featured on the cover of a magazine rather than as one of thr party-goers. Any one know what I'm talking about?

Date:   May 03, 05 at 7:32pm (PST)
sorry i didn't mean it was on franz' album i was just saying that they are doing a collaberation . Alex responded to snoop dogg saying 'the people that sang take me out' by saying he's heard that the guy who sang drop it like it's hot wants to collaborate....
Read More here

Date:   May 03, 05 at 7:36pm (PST)
By the way, can any one download the German version of Tell Her Tonight featured on the front page of their official site? When I click the little icon, I get an action cancelled error screen. Is it a problem with my connection or is the link just not working?

This message was edited by Laura J on May 03 2005.

Author:   sloprano
Date:   May 04, 05 at 3:26am (PST)
bowie as in david? wow. he is pretty good. that will be a great album.

Date:   May 05, 05 at 3:32pm (PST)
yep david bowie and bob dylan he says in the interview (linked in one of my earlier posts) it's gonna be great this new album!!

EDIT: New interview with Kapranos here

This message was edited by Lil Li on May 06 2005.

Author:   GregtheGreat
Date:   Aug 16, 05 at 10:22pm (PST)
Just saw a video exclusive of the new FF single Do You Want To on Channel 4 (UK), good song. Thankfully they've kept to the style they had in their first album, I don't think the song is as good as any of the singles from their debut album though

But it was still good as I'm sure their new album will be

Author:   Incidnia
Date:   Aug 16, 05 at 10:45pm (PST)
I was listening to Virgin Radio and they were talking about the new single. I have gone out of my way to find it on TV but no luck. Is the video any good? Is it in that old cut-out style or something new for a change?

Also, and info on their new album and a release date for the UK? It's late and I don't want to look through the thread if its posted.

So sue me.

Author:   GregtheGreat
Date:   Aug 16, 05 at 11:07pm (PST)
The single is released 19th September, but the album You Could Have Done So Much Better With Franz Ferdinand isn't released until 3rd October

The video is weird, completely different to their other videos. They in a room full of people and they just do random things while singing to the camera, at one point they appear to do the Pink Floyd cover with a guy shaking hands with someone on fire (although the guy on fire is a dummy) and at one point the singer is hanging off bicycles attached the ceiling(). The song is like their old stuff though, but with more emphasis on the bass riff and the whole band sings through most of it

Author:   Blue Streak
Date:   Aug 17, 05 at 4:44pm (PST)
Minor correction: the album title is "You Could Have It So Much Better...with Franz Ferdinand"

I've heard the new song twice now. It hasn't quite grabbed me yet but it is really good. It changes around a lot which might be why I'm not singing it to myself all the time yet, not picked up all the individual sections.

Author:   anluan04
Date:   Aug 17, 05 at 8:19pm (PST)
Great new song, Insanely catchy. Not quite a Take Me Out or a This Fire but not too far of it. Video is brilliant. When there dancing with those half naked women

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.