Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Post-War Glamour Girls - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t1895781-post-war-glamour-girls/

Author:   orochimaru1993
Date:   Aug 20, 13 at 5:10am (PST)
Subject:   Post-War Glamour Girls
-------------------------------------------
quote ilikerecords.com
In the last 12 months Post War Glamour Girls have built up a formidable reputation within Leeds ever creative music scene. Timeless in their approach, they spit desolate, often surreal tales of dubious morality over frenzied literate rock and roll foundations. This singular vision and a magnetic stage presence saw the band chosen to open the NME/Radio 1 Stage at Reading and Leeds festivals 2012.

Bandcamp

Discography
Ode to Harry Dean/ Spitting Pearls (7" single)
Tragic Loss; He Had Such a Lovely House (10" EP)

Jazz Funerals (7" single)

You can find most of their stuff on the Bandcamp. Love this band, though they've never gained much fame outside the Leeds local scene (I' from near there), so it would be good to see what an international audience thinks!

Author:   EvilTediz597
Date:   Aug 20, 13 at 12:24pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Post-War Glamour Girls
Wow, this is quite good. Jazz Funerals instantly sold me, what an awesome song. Definitely diving into this stuff sometime.

Author:   orochimaru1993
Date:   Sep 01, 13 at 12:29am (PST)
I'd definitely recommend it. All their stuff is good. They have an album coming out some time-it was supposed to be October but I think it got pushed back. I've heard some of the tracks off it live and it sounds excellent though, pretty weird and not quite as raucous or intense, but definitely good.

Date:   Dec 20, 13 at 2:15pm (PST)
New album's coming out on Valentine's Day. They're already setting up pre-orders.

Can't wait.

Date:   May 28, 14 at 12:46am (PST)
Just popping in to say something about this band.

The album came out on Valentines Day, and I don't know how many times I've listened to it, but it's great. Worth checking out, it's probably the only release I was looking forward to and it impressed. Definitely one of 2014's best.

And in case he *bleep*en cares, I'm recommending them to Foquinha, cause last I knew he was into chick bassists and female vocals.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.