Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Surfer Blood - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t1549064-surfer-blood/

Author:   Squall
Date:   Jul 02, 10 at 5:13pm (PST)
Subject:   Surfer Blood
-------------------------------------------
SURFER BLOOD

Though south Florida doesn't have the tides to shoot the curl, West Palm Beach's Surfer Blood fuses sunny surf rock charm with indie rock cool. Guitarist/vocalist John Paul Pitts and drummer Tyler Schwarz had known each other since high school; they started playing together and connected with guitarist Thomas Fekete, bassist Brian Black, and percussionist Marcos Marchesani at an Ultra Music Festival after-party, officially becoming Surfer Blood in spring 2009. They began recording and touring almost immediately, laying down tracks in Pitts' apartment and embarking on four tours in their first five months together. The buzz around the band began in late August after Surfer Blood played a show at the Brooklyn venue Bruar Falls; when they returned to New York that fall for the CMJ Music Marathon, they played ten shows. Tours with Art Brut and Japandroids kept Surfer Blood busy for the rest of 2009, and their debut album, Astro Coast, was released in early 2010.
— Heather Phares , All Music Guide

[Albums]

- Astro Coast [2010]

1. Floating Vibe
2. Swim *
3. Take It Easy *
4. Harmonix *
5. Neighbour Riffs
6. Twin Peaks *
7. Fast Jabroni
8. Slow Jabroni *
9. Anchorage *
10.Catholic Pagans

[EP's/Singles]

- Swim [2009]

* - Lead Single
* - Standout Tracks

[Videos]

Author:   Mountain Zappa
Date:   Jul 02, 10 at 5:24pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Surfer Blood
That album is one of my favorites of the year so far. Fantastic, especially for the summer.

Author:   Icedevil
Date:   Jul 03, 10 at 6:18pm (PST)
What a coincidence, I just illegally downloaded their album at the start of the week. Pretty cool and carefree, very summery like you said. After one listen it sounded a bit like your usual indie stuff, with nothing much really standing out. But then stuff like Floating Vibes, Swim, and both Jabroni songs really started to stand out, on their way through the second spin. Pretty solid release overall, still has few healthy listens left before I can decide if it has any staying power for the other 3 seasons of the year.

Author:   EricF
Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 5:10pm (PST)
Just listening to Astro Coast for the first time now and it's greeeaat. Such a summer feel to it, I wish I had've listened to it when the weather was decent.

Definitely gonna spin this quite a bit.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.