Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Muse [V] - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t1530897-muse/8.htm

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Sep 13, 10 at 5:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Muse [V]
-------------------------------------------
I love it too...It's my favourite Manson...My second favourite is the M1D1 and he's already smashed that one to bits...But some of my friends who went and recorded it on Friday told me they have a video that they watched in slow motion which apparently clearly shows it snapping cleanly in two when it landed...When that happened to the M1D1 it was never played again...I always thought the Glitterati was invincible...But if he decides not to have it repaired...We might never see it live again

Author:   Morrigan
Date:   Sep 13, 10 at 5:36pm (PST)
I'm actually quite upset. I'll bloody pay to have it repaired I love it that much. ;(

Author:   RobtheGooner
Date:   Sep 13, 10 at 8:25pm (PST)
quote RobtheGooner
Another picture from yesterday, I'm directly next to Chris (there was touching) on the right as you look at it.

I'll get some videos up from Saturday and Friday aswell but they take so long to upload in HD

This message was edited by RobtheGooner on Sep 13 2010.
The picture's working now, don't know why it wasn't earlier :S Anyway, there I am.

I've got ONE video uploaded so far, takes so long and it's only Guiding Light, good video though:

I've got a really long one of MK Jam + Undisclosed Desires that is good, as well as Soldier's Poem, USoE, Bliss and Hysteria.

Date:   Sep 14, 10 at 2:35pm (PST)
I have to say that songs like Uprising, Supermassive Black Hole, Resistance, Starlight, Undisclosed Desires, Feeling Good, Guiding Light, etc, have all been completely redefined for me after Saturday's performance...I'll never complain about any of them again

And also, as someone who has spent so many hours in recent years trawling through YouTube for the best live Muse performances...I have to say, not only did we get one of their best gigs in years, and probably one for them to remember forever, but I think the performances of Bliss and CE may very well have been their best ever too...Incredible to think we were there for that...Years of dedication finally redeemed XD

Also...Great news! The Glitterati has been seen in Mansons being repaired! Should have known that Matt would never let it die for good...Expect to see it back for the US and Australia dates anyway

Date:   Sep 14, 10 at 2:57pm (PST)
quote Bs
Also...Great news! The Glitterati has been seen in Mansons being repaired! Should have known that Matt would never let it die for good...Expect to see it back for the US and Australia dates anyway :D
Thank *bleep* for that. :D

Date:   Sep 14, 10 at 5:47pm (PST)
Yep...Feel sorry for the poor thing though...I bet the moment he gets it back, he's back to smashing it all over the place again XD

Anyway...Found another cracking video from Saturday for anyone who's interested...I love how the increased technology from the past 3 years means the this time round the Wembley shows have HD videos all over YouTube

Edit:

Just had a quick look on Wiki, and it sounds like they're going to have a bit of a rest after the tour this winter has ended, and then start writing the new album next year...After what's happened in Matt's life in the last 12 months, it sounds like he's thinking of making it a lot more personal, with music potentially more suitable for smaller venues...Yes please Bells

This message was edited by Bs on Sep 15 2010.

Date:   Sep 15, 10 at 6:28pm (PST)
I JUST READ ABOUT THAT

In italian. D:

But AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH NEW ALBUM EEEEEEE!!! *flails, falls off chair*

Okay, I'm calm.

Date:   Sep 16, 10 at 2:11pm (PST)
Haha! Yes, I'm excited too

Also just seen this xD Never noticed it on Saturday...If you go down to the woods today you're in for a big surprise

I watched a video of Neutron Star from Friday as well...Poor Matt...The crowd were just completely dead XD

I found this too which is a great video showing the UFO going all the way around Wembley Stadium on the Saturday

This message was edited by Bs on Sep 16 2010.

Date:   Sep 23, 10 at 1:40pm (PST)
Right...Double post but a few things have to be updated...

Kerrang gave Muse's Wembley show on the 11th a 4/5 review and didn't give a single mention of Citizen Erased or Bliss (even suggesting the first half an hour of the show wasn't as good as the rest)

An NME poll has seen people vote Muse's Feeling Good as the best cover of all time by anyone ever...We'll never be rid of it now

Muse played their first show since Wembley last night, in San Diego, it was pretty much the 2009 Resistance Tour continued...Basically the same setlist as the 2009 shows and the stage set up with the 3 pillars made its return from what I understand...They've got this brief US tour then Australia in the winter before they'll start work on the new album...

Also recommend this multi-angle video of Uprising from Wembley to just about everyone...Superbly put together!

Oh...And one more small matter...

Iiiiiiiiiit's BAAAAAAAAAACK!

This message was edited by Bs on Sep 24 2010.

Date:   Sep 27, 10 at 10:51am (PST)
Okay, triple post, but last night's Staples Centre show really deserves a special mention

Appparently the soundcheck included FULL Exogenesis II and III (!!!) as well as a bit of Apocalypse Please...The other day they were soundchecking Micro Cuts and there were rumours about the return of Showbiz too...The next few months could be awesome...Shame they won't be back in the UK but still...It means these songs could be back for the next tour over here too!

During Uprising, the curtain on Chris's tower didn't come down when it was supposed to so he was stuck inside for part of the song...You can see it here which I think is the best video, although I love the grin that you can see on Chris's face after on this one

Matt threw the doubleneck guitar...First time he's done that I think...Must have been quite a landing as apparently he threw it off his tower after he messed up some parts of Resistance and got pissed off

Bliss and Ruled By Secrecy were played, and interestingly the MB-1 made a return, even though the Glitterati was fixed after Wembley and used in San Diego...Maybe Matt just likes the difference =)

Stockholm Syndrome was followed by nearly 10 full minutes of riffage, including School, Township Rebellion, Execution Commentary, Ashamed, Agitated, War Within A Breath, Negative Creep, Dead Star, Endless Nameless and some others...Apparently Dom and Chris just kept looking at each other and laughing before glaring at Matt every time he started a new one...So it wasn't rehearsed but Matt was just going mental...I can't wait to see it on YouTube but you can hear some of it here

All in all, an absolutely mental night...I'm jealous of everyone seeing them before the end of the year now...Sounds like there's some real treats in store

This message was edited by Bs on Sep 27 2010.

Date:   Sep 27, 10 at 10:56am (PST)
OMG GLITTERATI!!! <3<3<3<3

I'm happy now.

And haha, poor twinhead. D: But I will be listening to that riffage asap. <3

TY for the links!

Date:   Sep 27, 10 at 6:16pm (PST)

Best Stockholm Syndrome Ever?!

Edit:

What the *bleep* is going on?

The first 3 songs in the setlist on Saturday were Exogenesis Overture, Map Of The Problematique and Knights Of Cydonia (all on the towers...they came down in the "no one's going to take me alive" part of KOC and Matt did a massive run and knee slide to start the riff XD)...First time since release that Knights hasn't opened or closed a setlist...First time since 2008 that it didn't close, and that Man With A Harmonica wasn't played, and they closed with Take A Bow instead (also on the towers + lots of lasers)...This is what baffles me with Muse...Why do they have setlists that often go months without changing when they can pull stuff like this out and everyone goes crazy? xD

Awesome

This message was edited by Bs on Oct 05 2010.

Date:   Oct 05, 10 at 3:44pm (PST)
That, is one purrrdy stage. @___@

Author:   RobtheGooner
Date:   Oct 05, 10 at 3:56pm (PST)
Knights of Cydonia sounds awesome that way. However, your information seems to be wrong! I was at a show in Wembley arena, 22/11/2006, and Knights of Cydonia was played 11th. Take A Bow opened, Stockholm Syndrome closed. They played BHAR through in order to start, then played the older songs after.

Date:   Oct 05, 10 at 4:05pm (PST)
Oooooh...So they did...Cool...I didn't know about that...That sounds like a great show...It's definitely the first time since 2008 that it hasn't closed though...

Anyway...Skip to 3.43 for the mother of all knee slides

This message was edited by Bs on Oct 05 2010.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.