Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Muse [V] - page 16

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t1530897-muse/16.htm

Author:   EricF
Date:   Jun 07, 12 at 2:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Muse [V]
-------------------------------------------

Supposed leaked track. Sounds nothing like them mind you.

Author:   Matty
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 6:23am (PST)
I've heard that^ song is just supposed to be a B-side anyway... It says a lot, when a new Muse album is announced, I'm more filled with dread than excitement. I actually thought I wouldn't watch the trailer with the fear that it'd be shite, but seeing that there was a bit of a reaction here to it, I gave in...

Jesus...

Better be a joke... I didn't even think the Resistance was that bad musicwise, but the subject matter, lyrics and pretentiousness surrounding it was just sickening. And it looks like they're continuing that way

Author:   Pestar
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 7:25am (PST)
I hated Resistance. When I saw them in Manchester in 2010 some of the crowd were pretty much silent during the Resistance songs. Wtf was Undisclosed Desires? Dreadful song.

Meh, the 16 year old me, like Eric said, would be interested by this. But they've gone down some shit conspiracy path. They're just not so fun anymore.

Author:   Morrigan
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 3:30pm (PST)
I liked Guiding Light.

Purely for how much I enjoyed the streamers bursting over the crowd, it looked lovely.

Edit: I liked the IDEA behind the album, basic it on the book 1984 I mean. They just didn't pull it off as well as they could have.

Author:   Ace3000
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 9:21pm (PST)
quote EricF
Supposed leaked track. Sounds nothing like them mind you.
quote YouTube
This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content.
Looks like it was fake.

Author:   Pestar
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 3:38pm (PST)
Seems like the dubstep stuff from the trailer is actually a song on the album then. *bleep*ing hell Muse. What happened to this?

or this

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 3:59pm (PST)
Apparently the track is called 'Unsustainable' it's a name I keep seeing around the interwebs.. There are some youtube videos from guitarists trying to show it can be done on guitar, but I think it's just wishful thinking from fans that hate it.

Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 9:54pm (PST)
Apparently, Flux Pavilion, a dubstep artist, does not like Muse's dubstep trailer
quote Article
It sounds like a decent-enough facsimile to us, but not everyone in the dubstep world is impressed. In fact, genre leading light Flux Pavilion (whose “I Can’t Stop” was lifted by Jay and Kanye for The Throne’s “Who Gon Stop Me“) suggested that the group should have consulted the experts before going wub-wub
Source

Author:   Icedevil
Date:   Jun 10, 12 at 3:40am (PST)
It is a bit ironic that the most generic dubstep artist is calling out Muse's generic methods... well generic. He is just mad jelly that he couldn't get his nose in with the .feat tag on their album, and rake in the royalties. He should stick with sampling generics Hip-hop beats.

Date:   Jun 10, 12 at 4:56am (PST)
Bloody hell, just checked out the trailer again. This really is disgusting. How the hell did they get from Origin of Symmetry to here?

Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 2:49pm (PST)
New track:

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 5:56pm (PST)
I do believe that over the top is a massive understatement for what that song was.. I'm actually not sure if I like it. I like sections of it namely the down-tuned guitars towards the end but it's just a bit too much.

Author:   Icedevil
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 5:34am (PST)
My favourite bit is the when they sound like the Queen.

Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 6:48am (PST)
I think it's quite awesome!

Author:   Matty
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 8:32am (PST)
I have to say that from 4:00 - 4:40 or so, it's actually quite good...

The rest of it, however, makes me want to claw my inner ear out. Such inane, self-important, uninteresting bollocks.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.