Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: NeverShoutNever - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t1438366-nevershoutnever/

Author:   bk man
Date:   Oct 23, 09 at 8:44pm (PST)
Subject:   NeverShoutNever
-------------------------------------------

Never Shout Never is the alias of eighteen year old American acoustic pop musician, Christofer Ingle. His middle name occasionally replaces his last name.

--Bio--

Ingle began making music as NeverShoutNever! in September 2007. His first exposure came through the internet, where he achieved success on MySpace before issuing the Yippee! EP on July 29, 2008. On July 30, 2008, he was featured on TRL, where he performed his single 'Bigcitydreams'. He toured with Hellogoodbye and Ace Enders in the fall of 2008.

As of November 17, 2008, the official spelling of Ingle's alias became NeverShoutNever! It had previously been listed as Never Shout Never on iTunes and his management company's site. An official statement regarding the reason behind the spelling change has not been made available. In an interview, Ingle revealed that there is no longer an exclamation point after his name and that he will spell NeverShoutNever as one word when he is feeling happy, but three words when he isn't. Warner Bros. Records is spelling his name as "Never Shout Never" for the upcoming release.

Never Shout Never started touring with The Scene Aesthetic, The Honorary Title, and The Bigger Lights in late February 2009 and then toured with bands such as Forever the Sickest Kids, The Cab, and Mercy Mercedes, among others in spring 2009 as part of The Bamboozle Roadshow 2009. He played at both The Bamboozle Left 2009 and The Bamboozle 2009.

The next EP from Never Shout Never was released on June 23, 2009. The first single off the EP was released on iTunes on March 3, 2009.

It was announced on May 29, 2009, that Ingle had signed to Warner Bros. Records, ending a major-label bidding war. As part of the deal, Ingle will run and make releases on his own imprint label, Loveway Records.

The debut full-length album from Never Shout Never is being produced by Butch Walker.

--Albums--

demo-shmemo is an EP by NeverShoutNever!, released on February 29, 2008. Two tracks featured on this release were later re-recorded and released on The Yippee EP. NeverShoutNever! recorded this EP in his basement, without assistance. This album is no longer available and has been removed from iTunes.

The Yippee EP is an EP by NeverShoutNever!, released on July 29, 2008. It is the follow up to his debut effort, 'demo-shmemo' which was released in early 2008. Over 11,400 copies of the EP were sold on SmartPunk in 2008, resulting in NeverShoutNever! being named the top unsigned seller of the year.[3]

Me & My Uke is an EP by NeverShoutNever! released on January 27, 2009.[2][3] The EP features NeverShoutNever! playing songs with his ukelele.

The album was released early on January 20, 2009 at noon.[4] It was only up until January 27, 2009 at noon. NeverShoutNever! released the EP for free in conjunction with TOMS Shoes, a company where whenever they sell a single pair of shoes, another pair goes to a child in need.[5] When customers went to download the album they were encouraged to give a donation. All of the money raised went to Tom's Shoes.[6]

As part of promotion of this EP, OurStage offered a free download of "Your Biggest Fan"

The Summer EP is an EP by Never Shout Never.[9][10][11] Originally, this release was supposed to be Ingle's debut self-titled full-length album.[12] This is the first release from Never Shout Never where his name no longer appears as one word with an exclamation point at the end.

The EP debuted at #57 on The Billboard 200.[13]

The artwork for the CD was drawn by a girl who is only four years old. The packaging for CD is made out of recycled materials.[14] The physical copy of the CD comes with a download card that gives access to download "The Duet," a bonus track.

-----------

All credit of pics, and bios go to Wikipedia!

-----------

Discuss!!

Author:   Emoliciousnot
Date:   Oct 23, 09 at 10:37pm (PST)
Subject:   re: NeverShoutNever
Scene girls love him, most other people. not so much. 3:

Author:   Spark
Date:   Oct 24, 09 at 12:33am (PST)
Scene people eat this person up all the time. His hair is cool though

Date:   Oct 24, 09 at 12:38am (PST)
i love his hair AND his music. ima guy btw.

Author:   Vector
Date:   Oct 25, 09 at 1:28pm (PST)
So I finally got around to downloading all of this guy's stuff last night, and I must say I'm a fan. As far as indie/scene/pop music goes, his acoustic style is very fun and refreshing. And pretty much all his songs are a joy to learn on guitar.

Can't say I'm as much a fan of his look though. Looks like an unkempt Tengu. D:

Date:   Oct 25, 09 at 3:13pm (PST)
Lol, thats great They are a charm to learn on the guitar, ive done so too, because they are really relaxing.

Author:   Agua
Date:   Oct 29, 09 at 6:50am (PST)
despite being a token scene fan's dream
he actually has put effort in to his music making so much less scene
and it's quite enjoyable listening too
but of course he has his joke/sideproject eatmewhileimhot! to make you go oooo, yescene

Author:   N00b Killer
Date:   Oct 29, 09 at 6:14pm (PST)
Lol nice Futurama video
But yeah, he's got some super scene music but I do like his music. And his newer stuff is even better so far because he's not singing really high as much.

Author:   nevershout21
Date:   Nov 11, 09 at 8:34am (PST)
Check out this funny video that fans made of Never Shout Never. its really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5W1HIULiY

Author:   wobble
Date:   Nov 11, 09 at 8:54am (PST)
quote Vector
So I finally got around to downloading all of this guy's stuff last night, and I must say I'm a fan. As far as indie/scene/pop music goes, his acoustic style is very fun and refreshing. And pretty much all his songs are a joy to learn on guitar.

Can't say I'm as much a fan of his look though. Looks like an unkempt Tengu. D:
And tears were shed.

Author:   Matt Player Of AC
Date:   Nov 22, 09 at 3:25am (PST)
This man is incredible.

Have you guys heard 'On the brightside'?. Beautiful song.

Author:   antwerpen
Date:   Nov 22, 09 at 4:12am (PST)
i'm addicted to this girl

Author:   Agua
Date:   Nov 22, 09 at 9:56am (PST)
quote antwerpen
she's got my heart tied in a knot

Date:   Nov 22, 09 at 9:17pm (PST)
quote Agua
quote antwerpen
trouble, its a nice song

Author:   Matt Player Of AC
Date:   Nov 22, 09 at 9:18pm (PST)
quote Agua
quote antwerpen
And my stomach in a whirl

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.