Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 12:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The xx
-------------------------------------------
by who and where?

Author:   Zeta
Date:   Sep 09, 12 at 9:39pm (PST)
The xx uploaded it on their site to make it available to stream for free; the leak 100% matches it.

Author:   George2
Date:   Sep 10, 12 at 11:32am (PST)
Just finished listening to Coexist, was pretty amazing. Still had that moody but slightly dancey sound to them. Not sure if I'll end up liking it as much as their first album though as that was pretty much perfect.

When I bought it from HMV today I noticed they were advertising that if you pre-order the album you get the Angels single free, I assumed it was a single exclusive and didn't think it was on the album. Turns out it is as the 1st song. So the guy behind the counter gave that to me even though I didn't pre-order it but really I don't need it, I'm not a collector.
Hardly much of an incentive for anyone to pre-order.

Author:   Bollo
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 10:02am (PST)
Very decent chance I've got a ticket to go and see The xx playing with the BBC Philharmonic orchestra at Bridlington Spa next week. Still slightly up in the air, would be insane though.

Loving Coexist, Try is my favourite recipes at the moment.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 8:24am (PST)
FEATURED ARTIST (SEP 14 - SEP 21 2012)

The xx released their second studio album entitled Coexist on September 10th, 2012. After a long international tour this past Summer, The xx is set to do a tour through the US during the month of October, with a couple stops in Canada. Admittingly, I still haven't checked out this band, and should go ahead and do so. I've been hearing a lot about them; I'll probably check out Coexist first, and then listen to their first album.

Author:   D I O S
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 10:05am (PST)
I just cannot get into this lot, I like all the stuff they're throwing together but it doesn't feel like they weave it properly. I'm hoping it'll eventually just click, cause I like what they're putting together but it definitely hasn't yet.

Author:   Icedevil
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 10:15am (PST)
quote D I O S
I just cannot get into this lot, I like all the stuff they're throwing together but it doesn't feel like they weave it properly.
Ditto bro, I gave the album few listens, but to me it just flows in the background noise. I like minimalistic music but they just fail to rally any kind of atmosphere. I actually find this video perfectly describes my feeling towards them. Specially those *bleep*ing flat vocals.

Author:   D I O S
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 10:25am (PST)
Don't worry, I've already seen that video. Not quite my feelings on their sound but similar problems with it.
Dunno, might try them again when I'm feeling a bit more mellow, they don't really sit alongside Fugazi particularly well.

Author:   ejaculadhesive
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 10:01pm (PST)
just download crystalized and islands. every other song sounds same same but different

also i had no idea that the xx looked like that. was expecting old hipster lookin folk.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 4:02pm (PST)
I listened to Angels last night. I actually liked the vocals, more than I liked the music. I was crunk though. D: I'll give it a few more listens tonight before I head to bed.

Author:   xxh0wlw0lfxx
Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 7:09pm (PST)
Saw em at terminal 5 *bleep*ING AMAZING. HOLY SHIT.

Coexistence is also amazing.

Author:   The Shape
Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 10:57am (PST)
After some time I'm not really feeling Coexist. The main thing I will agree on is that it's made me appreciate the first album a lot more, which remains truly fantastic.

Minimalism is fine, but this comes close to being a non-event at times. The lyrics on the first album felt a lot more playful or self-referential, now they're almost cheesy at times, which is the last thing you want with something like this. I keep hearing Angels on radio one and I'm really sick of it now.

There are some high points, I've enjoyed Reunion since the first play, but it's frustrating as well because it just seems to hark at the potential for something more. From what I've read they were very conscious of avoiding giving in calls to reinvent themselves for second albums, which is fine, but in the process they've gone too far in the other direction. Compared to what Jamie xx is capable of, what he did with Gil Scott Heron's work and other xx stuff, this isn't nearly as interesting. Which is more annoying because I think it easily could be.

On a more positive note, this orchestral thing they're doing tonight on radio one sounds very interesting...

Author:   EricF
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 10:15am (PST)
quote Icedevil
quote D I O S
I just cannot get into this lot, I like all the stuff they're throwing together but it doesn't feel like they weave it properly.
Ditto bro, I gave the album few listens, but to me it just flows in the background noise. I like minimalistic music but they just fail to rally any kind of atmosphere. I actually find this video perfectly describes my feeling towards them. Specially those *bleep*ing flat vocals.

Haha, I was actually watching videos from this guy last week. He talks a lot of sense, but how he can ramble on about one album for over 10 minutes is beyond me.

Author:   Icedevil
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 10:43am (PST)
quote EricF
How he can ramble on about one album for over 10 minutes is beyond me.
Most of the time when Fantano hits 10 minutes, is when he is giving band's overview, and even does a little take on their previous albums. Like with this review or latest Swans and even Krallice's. Only time I skip his reviews is when he talks about hip-hop.

Author:   EricF
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 12:42pm (PST)
quote Icedevil
quote EricF
How he can ramble on about one album for over 10 minutes is beyond me.
Most of the time when Fantano hits 10 minutes, is when he is giving band's overview, and even does a little take on their previous albums. Like with this review or latest Swans and even Krallice's. Only time I skip his reviews is when he talks about hip-hop.
I think I'll have to give more of his stuff a look at because he's got good taste, no doubt.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.