Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Vampire Weekend - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t1237691-vampire-weekend/5.htm

Author:   The Dave
Date:   Feb 19, 10 at 10:37pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Vampire Weekend
-------------------------------------------
A mixed bag those songs, Horchata does look like an absolute blast live - really did not see it converting acoustically as well as it looks like it does. Just a shame that wasn't a Takeaway Show as I cba to rip the video from the flash player.

Talking of videos, it seems Vampire Weekend have already won the 2010 award for the Best Tennis Themed Music Video Featuring Jake Gyllenhaal In Tight Shorts:

Author:   BurnleyIsMe
Date:   Feb 20, 10 at 3:10pm (PST)
I love Vampire Weekend.

Their first album, along with Good Shoes' first and Hot Club de Paris' first, is my favourite of all time. I love how they can sound so clean yet include so many influences. They sound like Yeasayer but Yeasayer can, at times, feel too cluttered and busy.

The second album is...different. It's good, don't get me wrong, but it seems as if there is too much techno and electro stuff in there whereas the first album was mainly focused on classical instruments, I think.

Favourite VW songs:

1. A-Punk
2. Oxford Comma
3. M79
4. I Stand Corrected
5. Giving Up The Gun

Author:   fairygrl
Date:   Feb 20, 10 at 8:45pm (PST)
I saw them in December, they did really good.
My favorite song of theirs is Cousins (:
However, they are starting to get overplayed on the radio, haha. But who isn't?
xo

Author:   marc_k
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 1:58pm (PST)
First few songs I heard from them kinda disappointed me, but then I heard this new song which I absolutely loved "Giving Up The Gun". Didn't particularly like A-Punk, Cousins or Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa. So on the basis of that can anyone recommend some other songs I might like ?

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 3:11pm (PST)
Oxford Comma was always their most friendly one after A-Punk I thought. Giving Up The Gun is one of the most clean ones from their new album though, so I don't feel safe suggesting anything from that, but maybe Horchata? A few people seem to love White Sky, I'm not on that wagon yet though. A lot of their debut's quality though, I'd just take a more lengthy try of that.

Author:   marc_k
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 4:23pm (PST)
Alright, danke.

Author:   The Dave
Date:   Jun 05, 10 at 9:51am (PST)
I take it you've all the heard the fairly disappointing VW contribution to the the Eclipse soundtrack:

From the preview stream that was up a few days ago it seems they're not alone in passing on pretty uninspired B-sides to the Twilight marketing machine.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Jun 05, 10 at 2:47pm (PST)
I can't even tell if I'd like it for the atrocious quality. But yeah, it's just alright really. I don't think we should be bothered they're not saving their best stuff for Twilight though haha.

Author:   Zeta
Date:   May 06, 13 at 5:00pm (PST)
Modern Vampires of The City leaked earlier today, and it's easily my AOTY. Unbelievers is my new favorite song.

Author:   Munroe
Date:   May 07, 13 at 9:55am (PST)
I'm waiting to buy it, but from the songs I've heard so far, I don't doubt that it will be AOTY. I love these guys.

Author:   Bollo
Date:   May 08, 13 at 5:31pm (PST)
Need to get on that then. Only heard Diane Young and Step but they're both amazing tracks, Step in particular.

Author:   Bollo
Date:   May 09, 13 at 5:15pm (PST)
Wow. I know this forum doesn't seem to be too fond of slightly preppy indie (or any indie at all really), but this album is brilliant, and I'm only a few songs in.

I sense a huge year coming up for this lot.

Author:   Mocking Alvin
Date:   May 14, 13 at 3:28pm (PST)
Didn't expect to love this so much. I planned to listen to Random Access Memories today but couldn't bring myself to turn Modern Vampires of the City off. Hannah Hunt, Hudson and Obvious Bicycle early stand outs, but i can listen to it from start to finish and not skip a single track.

Author:   Distortion
Date:   May 14, 13 at 4:31pm (PST)
Oh hey, these guys did an AMA on reddit recently.

Author:   Cody
Date:   Dec 11, 13 at 9:00pm (PST)
this band is great yet the lyrics are so random and ridiculous lolol

that makes the music so entertaining though.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.