Subject:   Vampire Weekend
-------------------------------------------
anybody heard of em I thinks there really good

Author:   think of something
Date:   Sep 22, 08 at 9:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Vampire Weekend
Relevant Information

Vampire Weekend is an indie rock band from New York City, formed in 2006 and signed to XL Recordings. Their moniker is derived from lead singer Ezra Koenig's amateur film of the same name. The film centers around a younger Ezra fighting off vampires in scary masks in order to protect his virginity.

Vampire Weekend-2008
1.Mansard Roof
2.Oxford Comma
3.A-Punk
4.Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
5.M79
6.Campus
7.Bryn
8.One (Blake's Got a New Face)
9.I Stand Corrected
10.Walcott
11.Kids Don't Stand a Chance, The

I'm not a fan of this band, but you should provide more relevant infomration when creqating a thread for a band. :L

Author:   JackC
Date:   Sep 22, 08 at 9:36pm (PST)
I saw them at Leeds fest and i was very surprised, they are really good, happy, indie band. Obviosuly as there from New York every man and his dog have been naming them the 'Next Strokes'. But there not like that, there less grunge and more happy clean beats. I like them.

Author:   OldSnakeWontDie
Date:   Sep 23, 08 at 1:13am (PST)
They're videos are really quirky. I like that.

Author:   NEMETH10
Date:   Sep 28, 08 at 9:37pm (PST)
i really like Oxford Comma. It is a very good song but hardly anyone has ever heard of this band.

Author:   Iced Tea
Date:   Sep 28, 08 at 9:45pm (PST)
They're getting more exposure now, they did the soundtrack (or part of it) for that new movie 'Nick and Norah's infinite Playlist'.

Author:   dxnation
Date:   Sep 28, 08 at 9:54pm (PST)
I have their CD but don't listen to it much.

Author:   Mocking Alvin
Date:   Sep 28, 08 at 10:38pm (PST)
Subject:   Vampire weekend?
I have seen them live twice, once was a few months ago, then at T in the Park. They are excellent. I really liked them, then NME started to bum them and that tends to make me not like bands. I hate NME with a passion. But yeah it didn't put me off, and i'm going to see them again in October.

They are totally different to anything else out right now. Always nice to see.

x

Author:   The Dave
Date:   Sep 29, 08 at 1:16am (PST)
Massively awesome and probably the best album of 2008 so far. Perhaps over-hyped in some areas of the British press (the guys above is right, they ain't no Strokes) but this album is definitely worth a listen.

"Mansford Roof" and "Oxford Comma" draw you gently into Koenig's melodic world of architecture, naval history and grammar but it's not until "A-Punk" that the album really finds it's rhythm. "A-Punk" is an immediate indie-club anthem, guaranteed to get people moving. The harpsichord-infused "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" and "M79" form the upbeat core of the album. It stutters a bit between 7-10 (with the exception of "One" and the unforgettable final line: "Oh your collegiate grief has left you dowdy in sweatshirts, absolute horror!"), ending with the lovely mutli-layered "Kids Don't Stand A Chance".

Fresh, clever, fun. Seeing them in October and cannot wait.

Author:   Stefan
Date:   Oct 01, 08 at 9:35pm (PST)
oxford comma and A-punk are there best in my opinion.

Author:   NEMETH10
Date:   Dec 27, 08 at 11:43pm (PST)
i stand corrected and walcott are now my favourite songs by them. listen to them

Author:   VulcanRaven
Date:   Dec 28, 08 at 4:23pm (PST)
I was a huge fan of "Mansard Roof" when a friend of mine forced me to give a listen to that song and I thought this would be another great indie band. But when I listened to the album the whole way through I was pretty disappointed with the rest of it, nothing particularly stood out. "Mansard Roof" was still one of the best songs I heard from 2008, though.

Author:   Benrollo
Date:   Dec 28, 08 at 6:29pm (PST)
When I first heard them I thought they were just another generic shitty indie band, but then my mate dragged me along to see them at Leeds Festival and they were really very good.
I've since got the album and really like it

Author:   Element
Date:   Mar 16, 09 at 9:33pm (PST)
Been listening to them here and there after seeing The Dave's signature from awhile ago with them in it, and they're pretty good.

Author:   Euphoric
Date:   Mar 17, 09 at 3:04am (PST)
Seeing this thread reminded me that these guys got recommended to me by some chick in Germany. When she found out my name she asked if I had a new face. At first I thought that was a very odd question until she explained that it's a song and that I should check these guys out.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.