Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Radiohead [II] - page 13

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/75/t1160013-radiohead-ii/13.htm

Author:   The Dave
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 8:23pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Radiohead [II]
-------------------------------------------
quote DEAD AIR SPACE
Digital Downloads

w.a.s.t.e are pleased to announce the unveiling of a new digital download area on the store. We are also pleased to announce that Disk 2 from In Rainbows is now available digitally for everyone who didn’t get a chance to purchase the Diskbox.

In Rainbows – Radiohead
In Rainbows Disk 2 (exclusive to w.a.s.t.e) - Radiohead
The Eraser – Thom Yorke
There Will Be Blood – Jonny Greenwood

Thank you
That news just made my day. I've been wanting to get my hands on In Rainbows Disk 2 but I couldn't warrant spending that much on the In Rainbows Box-Set. At £6, In Rainbows Disk 2 is a steal. Listening to it now and whilst it's not got the depth and consistency of Disk 1, Bangers + Mash and Down Is the New Up are as good as anything on the first disk.

Go go go.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 8:34pm (PST)
I was hoping they might release the second disc as a re-release of In Rainbows along with all the other deluxe editions they were doing. Nevermind though, this will do it enough.

So glad you posted that, ta.

Author:   KeatonXZX
Date:   Jun 10, 09 at 12:48pm (PST)
Indeed, super highlight of the day. I'm very interested in the second disk of [I]In Rainbows[I/]! Thank you very much for posting!!

Author:   Velocity
Date:   Jul 09, 09 at 4:30pm (PST)
*bleep* me. Myxomatosis is amazing. I never thought I would like anything from this band, especially since I find, erm, the one where he's in the tube in a video, pretty boring.
Are there any other songs that sound like this one?

Author:   The Dave
Date:   Jul 09, 09 at 5:08pm (PST)
Myxomatosis is indeed wonderfully scuzzy and dark. If it's that kind of Radiohead you like then I'd check out either the rest of Hail To The Thief, In Rainbows or Kid A. As for individual songs of a similar style I'd suggest:

15 Step (from In Rainbows, don't be put off by the preview image of the video haha)

National Anthem (from Kid A)

Date:   Jul 09, 09 at 5:16pm (PST)
I think that the one I already like will be the only one I like. I wasn't really keen on those you posted, but thanks nonetheless.

-------------------

edit -

This message was edited by The Dave(moderator) on Jul 09 2009.

Date:   Jul 09, 09 at 5:24pm (PST)
National Anthem is one of my very favorites. The bass element is so solid, and the electronic hints are awesome. Very cool song.

On the second disk to In Rainbows is Down Is the New Up, one of my favorites. The piano is very nice, and my favorite is the orchestral background further in the song.

Author:   EricF
Date:   Jul 09, 09 at 5:48pm (PST)
4 Minute Warning is the best on the second disc in my opinion. I like it all but 4 Minute Warning is a lot like the first disc. It probably should replace Videotape as the first disc closer, but I still really like Videotape with that said. I honestly think you'll only like Myxomatosis Karl. The only other tunes that are like that by Radiohead are Idioteque and The National Anthem but they haven't got that awesome bass noise you'd be looking for.

Author:   Taio
Date:   Jul 09, 09 at 6:14pm (PST)
I'd agree that it's one of if not the best on that 2nd disc, but videotape was probably my favourite track on In Rainbows. I remember hearing something about this guy (I think it was James Rutledge) who made a 4 hour remix of videotape, and only made one copy, complete with video, straight to vhs, and having listened to that song on loop about 50 times in a row before, I can totally see why he thought to do that, and why it would work. it's probably been sold on ebay for some extortionate price, but I know that a fair few years of my retirement have been put aside to search for it

Date:   Jul 09, 09 at 9:25pm (PST)
I downloaded OK Computer after being told by Eric that is an amazing album.
I'll get round to listening to it when I get some time.
Hopefully this is the start of me broadening my musical horizons instead of just listening to metal.

Author:   EricF
Date:   Jul 09, 09 at 9:47pm (PST)
Hopefully you like it Karl, although that said it is a bit step down to what you would normally listen to. If you do begin to like it, it might take some time.

Author:   George2
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 2:33pm (PST)
Now Downloading it, Thanks for posting it Dave, I don't check the store that often and needed more Radiohead while we wait for the next album.

UPDATE - Finished listening now, pretty good disk I thought my favorite tracks were Bangers + Mash & Last Flowers

This message was edited by George2 on Jul 10 2009.

Author:   Deemo
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 3:52pm (PST)
Personally I think Bangers + Mash is the best on disc 2, but I think its a lot weaker than Disc 1 overall.

Nothing gets anywhere close to Videotape or Jigsaw for me.

Also can't wait for Reading Festival, will be my first time seeing them live

Author:   Snow Ball
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 4:47pm (PST)
I was never really a fan of this band, but it's one of the bands that my dad likes. He has a very interesting taste in music anyway.

The song "Paranoid Android" isn't really what I think of good, but I do like the name.

Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 11:34pm (PST)
I listened to Paranoid Android a lot this morning, and it just never got old. Usually the longer songs on albums are just songs considered as "extras" and are just instrumental, but to think that Radiohead nailed a six and a half minute song and it made Rolling Stone's top 500 greatest song list is incredible. Indeed a great song.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.