Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Best Pokemon Team - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6963/t1832200-best-pokemon-team/

Author:   eagleyjr
Date:   Feb 18, 13 at 11:20am (PST)
Subject:   Best Pokemon Team
-------------------------------------------
i need help what is the best pokemon team for firered, soul silver, emerald, diamond, and black 2?? I need help to make the best TEAMs.

Date:   Feb 18, 13 at 2:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Best Pokemon Team
I have these pokemon

ivysaur
mankey
pigeyotto
pikachu

please help me (in fire red)

in soul silver I have

quilava
dratina (1st evolution of dragonite)
oddish
wooper
ferret
ledyby

Author:   Crystal Creation
Date:   Feb 19, 13 at 10:31am (PST)
Hi eagleyjr
Drop Pidgeotto and keep training your main three Pokemon until you get some more badges.

FireRed:

Ivysaur - Decent Grass-Type. Keep the status moves and razor leaf. Give him Sludge Bomb when you get the TM.

Mankey - Stick to Karate Chop and Low Kick for now. Cross Chop will be your main attack when it learns the move. Stick some HMs onto him.

Like I said, drop Pidgeotto. Get one of the legendary birds later on. I'd recommend Moltres. You need a strong fire-type.

Pikachu - Stick with him. He learns Thunderbolt by himself, which only Electabuzz can do out of all the Kanto Electric Types. Maybe give him Brick Break and Return when you get the TMs.

Get a water-type. You'll have to get one mid-game because that's where the decent water-types are. Use a Good Rod to get Shellder or go to Silph Co. to get a Lapras. They can both use Surf and Ice Beam, which your team needs. Cloyster can explode, Lapras can't. Lapras can take Special hits, Cloyster can't. Your choice.

Finally get Rhydon. You need a good Earthquake pokemon, and he can also learn Rock Blast and Megahorn. He can only be caught at the Safari Zone.

SoulSilver:

Quilava - Good choice, IMO. Terrible moves, but because of that, you can give him a fire type move and then give him 3 HM moves.

Oddish - Decent. Once it evolves, you can evolve it into a Bellossom immediately if you win the bug catching contest. Good to status other pokemon, but is slow, and only learns grass attacks. You can teach it Sludge Bomb, but you might as well use Vileplume since it has better Special Attack.

Dratini - Again, good. Takes patience to evolve, but it will be your flyer when it does. Can learn useful moves like Dragon Dance and Outrage during the later stages. Thunder Wave offsets it's low speed. It might struggle to damage Pokemon early on. Keep in the daycare maybe. Good stats when fully evolved.

Wooper - If you don't mind the fact that it has pathetic attacking stats, then yes, keep it, because Wooper with Water Absorb are immune to Water and Electric attacks, which is very useful. It only has one weakness, a quadruple one, to Grass. It can learn Earthquake, which is good. Surf and Waterfall, as well.

Ferret & Ledyba... Nope. =P Say bye bye.

You could do with an Electric-Type pokemon in case your Grass type runs into Qwilfish, Mantine or Tentacruel (neutral to grass) or if you need something strong and hard-hitting, so I'd go with Jolteon. Bill gives you the Eevee. You can get the Thunderstone to evolve it at the Pokeathlon Dome on the right day. You'll need to give it TMs for it to be useful; TM30 Shadow Ball hits Psychics and Ghosts super effectively and comes off it's special attack, and TM24 Thunderbolt is a reliable and strong Electric attack. Otherwise, use Mareep, which can take hits and is available early on.

I'd finally recommend a Fighting type to tackle Steel and Dark pokemon more reliably. Machop can be used, and can be caught reasonably early on after you reach Ercruteak City inside the Mt. Mortar Cave, but it needs to be traded when it's a Machoke to evolve. Poliwrath is okay. You'll need a Good Rod to catch one, but you'll need a Waterstone to evolve it from Poliwhirl into Poliwrath. There's Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, but you'll need Gym Badge 8 to use Waterfall to get one.

I hope that helps somewhat.

Date:   Feb 19, 13 at 3:13pm (PST)
Thanks so much

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.