Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [Leave your Cats on the Floor] General Discussion - page 29

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6915/t1260749-leave-your-cats-on-floor-general-discussion/29.htm

Author:   Dudeguy
Date:   Apr 23, 11 at 4:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: [Leave your Cats on the Floor] General Discussion
-------------------------------------------
When I get chips I go for spicy ones so I'm not inclined to eat them all at once. Usually works, but sometimes I just end up with an empty bag and burning lips.

I also like to snack on almonds and that sorta stuff, and corn chips and fresh salsa isn't too unhealthy an option as long as you buy the right stuff.

Author:   Akherousin
Date:   Apr 23, 11 at 5:56am (PST)
Not good for calories though. Eating too many of those increase aging after all.

I know because I had to write a 16 page research paper about it.

Author:   Dudeguy
Date:   Apr 23, 11 at 5:59am (PST)
Were you eating snacks while writing a research paper about snacks? When I have papers (like right now) I always have an array of junk food and caffeine around me, it's really the only time I eat shittily.

Date:   Apr 23, 11 at 6:03am (PST)
Actually, it was assigned. And specifically, I had to write a paper on the theorized molecular mechanisms of geriatrics. For example, some diabetic medications can reduce aging.

Unless you mean eating snacks while doing research papers in which case, yes, I think it was like 3 rockstar cans.

You will pay for using those damn things afterwards. Holy crap.

Author:   T0a5t3r
Date:   Apr 23, 11 at 12:15pm (PST)
quote SlangX
duskull!

Good to see you still around, be it that account or the other. Are you still pursuing the wet and wild world of art? I think I viewed a few pieces in your gallery on the other account; cool stuff that pixel art.

And Barmy, hope all is going well on your end!
Yeah well I'm studying Graphic Design, which (for my Universities course at least) consists of a lot of book design, poster design and brand identity. I'm really enjoying the course but still have a taste for a bit of conceptual fine art (although I'm aware most people hate the 'conceptual shit' :-P ). I haven't hit the pixel art in a while though. I really like doing it but i just don't have the coding skills to continue it through to an actual little arcade game.

How are all of you doing anyway? Except for snacking.

Author:   Red Mynx
Date:   Apr 28, 11 at 1:00pm (PST)
quote Barmy Brat
oh my god you guys

LOL!!! And LOL some more!! I'm feeling more nostalgic than I thought. I see this and a great big idiotic grin is plastered on my face! I know Barmy posted this last year but it still takes me back. [feels all warm and fuzzy inside] Speaking of taking me back, what the bloody-hell is that O rly thread doing on the 1st page? Congrats Toasty on creating a thread that just won't die.

So yeah, hi everyone. I was just wondering how everyone was doing. I only read back a couple pages but I can see you guys got up to some interesting stuff. I see some of you are into the design side of things, but do any of you have any programming skills - particularly in Flash? I'm taking digital media myself and creating a flash game with '3D graphics' for my final project.....and making one in my spare time - but man I could do with some tips.

Anyway, I'd love to track you all down but some loser actually stole my account and now it's closed. If anyone saw 'me' a while back going on about Scribblenaughts, it wasn't me! Slang! You clearly like being a busy boy, how about re-opening my account to me?

Author:   SlangX
Date:   Apr 28, 11 at 5:41pm (PST)
Oh you know I would if I could Mynx, and I knew from the beginning that somebody was impersonating you on that account. Why not create a new one with a variation on the lettering, throw in a tasteful underscore or something?

Date:   Apr 29, 11 at 9:13am (PST)
What was the deal with that whole incident anyway? Impersonator seemed like a *bleep*ing sociopath with the hacking e-mails and all.

Author:   Barmy Brat
Date:   Apr 30, 11 at 6:24am (PST)
Everything's going peachy on my end, natural disasters are now a distant memory (although recently a drunken pub crawl was ruined when we found out that nearly every strip club is closed due to water damage), and life is moving on very quickly for me. I'm in my final year of university, and so I'm starting to think a lot more about where I want to be in a couple of years time, and its pretty intimidating/really exciting working out the steps I'll need to take to get there.

It's particularly complicated because I originally went to University in order to avoid becoming a tradesman... but I've been working as a tiler for the entirety of my tertiary education and I've found I don't actually dislike it. So yeah, still trying to figure out which path I'm going to take when all is said and done.

Oh, and we're nearly at page 30, guys. It only took us two and a half years! Ideas for the next thread title?

Author:   Red Mynx
Date:   May 01, 11 at 2:43pm (PST)

@ Slang: Yeah, I remember you helping me fight my corner against that idiot impersonator/'sociopath'. I only want my account back because it's the principle of the thing. I don't like having my things stolen by crazy people!! My account wasn't closed by a super Mod (as far as I remember) so why can't it be reopened?

@ Akherousin: First, hi. Nice to meet your avatar and all that. As for your question, yes, that person seemed like a freaking sociopath, but he/she was also *bleep*ing retarded. This person actually took the time and effort to hack into both of my email accounts for what seemed like the sole purpose of taking over my Neo account! Who the fcuk does that?!! Most people would hack an email account to get access to personal data - which was the real concern for me because I shop online - like at Amazon and shit. But all my e-commerce accounts seemed untampered with. This person just wanted my Neo account. *bleep*ing. Weird. Loser!

So yeah, I put up a thread addressing this issue and it gets 'taken care of' by some mod who said he didn't care. Frankly I think it's severely worrying that a moderator doesn't care that hackers are roaming the site. I thought an IP ban at the least was due. Although, I guess I should count my lucky stars that I came across an idiotic freak as opposed to someone who was interested in more than just my Neo account.

So that's what happened. I take it you were there when I posted that thread, since you seemed to recognise what I was talking about?

Date:   May 05, 11 at 1:41am (PST)
I'm not familiar with the details about the account Red Mynx, but if I were you I'd sign up another account and inquire to a super about the old one if you're really jonesing for ownership. Sounds to me like the case is closed, however. Else sign up anyway and join us for the onslaught of news once more Wii 2 info drops in the coming month.

Date:   Jun 08, 11 at 7:21am (PST)
So what's everyone's opinion on Nintendo's latest console? Interesting concept, poor execution, imo. The controller looks bad, and a far cry from the ergonomic perfection of the GCN pad.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jun 08, 11 at 8:55pm (PST)
I'm reserving judgement until more info is shown and I can try it in person. Looks fine to me, though.

Main thing I want are some actual games shown for the thing.

Date:   Jun 11, 11 at 2:11am (PST)
I realize that these companies have no choice but to push forward and attempt to innovate, but I just can't keep up with the gimmicks these days. I haven't purchased a console since 2006, and don't intend to move forward with the rest of the industry. Instead I'll likely focus on the backlog of GameCube and XBox 360 titles that I've missed over the years, if I ever find the time for casual gaming again, which isn't likely.

Also has anyone substantiated the rumor of the Wii-U not being backwards compatible with GCN titles? If I was considering getting one in the much distant future, that would kill it right there for me.

Date:   Jun 11, 11 at 10:24pm (PST)
GCN controller ports are gone apparently, but whether that means backwards compatibility is gone, I don't know. But now that we're in the age of digital distribution I can easily see them releasing GCN titles on the WiiU's Virtual Console, which would be cool.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.