Subject:   re: windowlicker
-------------------------------------------

Transparancy Signature of the Week.

Author:   Tengu
Date:   Jun 22, 08 at 11:00pm (PST)
Wow.

That's awesome! Beautifully done. The 'IS' was a little hard to show up on the post prior to this but other than that great job.

Author:   Shattered Silence
Date:   Jun 22, 08 at 11:16pm (PST)
I love this sig, works beautifully, but I do agree with Tom. Perhaps try different colours for "IS", because I found it pretty easy to miss when reading the text, even on the blue background.

Author:   oroksh32
Date:   Jun 23, 08 at 12:51pm (PST)
Despite what I said in the thread earlier, I'm actually quite fond of this entry heheh. It's easily the best of the bunch right now, and I think you have a good shot of winning [/gheypun]. I'd suggest what others have already mentioned and darken the 'is' a bit to make it more noticeable, but other than that, it looks nicely done. I love the use of the star on the i, and think where you put the red and the splatter is very creative. Nice work splatter, but it's only to be expected from you.

Author:   windowlicker
Date:   Jun 24, 08 at 6:01pm (PST)
Thanks, I took your advice and changed it.

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Jun 24, 08 at 6:29pm (PST)
Another gun piece?

Good but done many times.

Date:   Jun 24, 08 at 6:50pm (PST)
What do you mean another?

I've only done it once before.

Author:   Sixth Gauge
Date:   Jun 24, 08 at 7:30pm (PST)
I like it. I like the subject matter especially. However, I'm really "meh" about the RESIS portion. I'm wondering to myself how it would look if you clipped a red blood splatter to that section instead.

Date:   Jun 24, 08 at 7:39pm (PST)
Quite a good idea actually, so I tried it.

I did two versions to compare whether it would look better with or without the splatter to the left.

Thanks for the tip, anyway.

Author:   oroksh32
Date:   Jun 24, 08 at 8:03pm (PST)
I personally prefer the first version (of your newer ones). The splatter in the top left corner of the gun looks very nice and while the black/red splatters could be better 'splatter-like' (if you catch my drift), it still adds to an even greater appeal of the signature as a whole. Once again, great job, I love the adjustments you've made to it.

Date:   Jul 05, 08 at 8:59pm (PST)
Vectline.

This is a project I started last summer, and have finished this summer. There are still some minor flaws that need mending, but the bulk of it is done. It's my first proper vector/vexel (Whatever you want to call it) so I'm open to helpful critique. As it was a while ago I started it, I'm afraid I can't find the original image. If I do find it you'll see it in here within the next few days.

Author:   Iced Tea
Date:   Jul 05, 08 at 9:55pm (PST)
One of the coolest cars to date.

Also one of the coolest vectors I've seen on this site. The only thing I would add is...a spoiler.

Author:   The Dave
Date:   Jul 06, 08 at 10:16pm (PST)
quote Iced Tea
The only thing I would add is...a spoiler.

Seriously though, that's a nice piece of work, well worth finishing - this is coming from someone who has about 5 unfinished vexel projects on his external hard-drive.

The car has some lovely vexel elements such as the lights and the front grill as well as some excellent line-art elements such as the wheels. The title of the work is apt as you've combined vexel based elements of solid colour with line-art gradients. At times the contrast is a little strong (i.e. the complexity of the line-art wheels with the vexel side of the car). But for an experiment with styles it's an excellent piece of work. You might want to re-post it in GIF or PNG format to make those lines a little sharper though.

Oh and for anyone wondering about the terminology I'm basing my comments on this is how I view the whole vector vs vexel vs line-art debate.

(Apologies for filling up your digi-port here splatter but I thought it might be helpful for those stopping by to comment, if you want me to remove it just let me know)

Author:   Moonrise
Date:   Jul 06, 08 at 10:24pm (PST)
As Dave said, the grille and lights are very well done. One issue I take is the lack of defined edges from the front of the car to the rear (primarily the lack of contrast showing a transition from the front bumper to the side).

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.