Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Need For Speed Underground 2 - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6608/t359754-need-for-speed-underground-2/

Author:   eclipse115
Date:   Mar 17, 04 at 12:12pm (PST)
Subject:   Need For Speed Underground 2
-------------------------------------------
Ok . . . chances are there may be a sequel to the Need for Speed Underground . . . time to tell us what you want to keep from the first one and things you'd like to see in the second one

Author:   Zephron
Date:   Mar 18, 04 at 10:26pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Need For Speed Underground 2
I say keep EVERYTHING from the first one!

Something that i REALLY REALLY want is a replat feature, there are countless things that i would have wanted to record and send to OXM

Author:   game freak 13
Date:   Mar 21, 04 at 8:04pm (PST)
I would like to see a Corvette in the second one.

Author:   sen JMN
Date:   Mar 21, 04 at 8:09pm (PST)
I think that some of the regular city streets should be open in the next game. It seemed like the game could handle having at least some of those streets be accessible by car without being relocated. That would increase the amount of shortcuts and make the cities seem larger.

Maybe there could be an option to make the non-race roads on/off limits to decrease confusion while racing. That way, if you sneak away from the race track on one of the non-race roads and get lost, it's your fault!

Author:   WingZero259
Date:   Mar 24, 04 at 11:13pm (PST)
I also say larger cities. Maybe motorcycles possibly, and more cars while keeping the same ones from the first.

Author:   The_Reckoning
Date:   Apr 11, 04 at 6:44pm (PST)
I want them to have the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spider in the next one and I want to be able to put Hood Vinyls on without having to put a stock hood, also maybe some Vinyls for the roof.

I would also like to be able to design the interior of the car. Maybe they can make a new type of thing where judges rank your car by its exterior and interior design.

Of course X-Box Live would be a great addition.

Author:   ScreezeR
Date:   Apr 23, 04 at 3:32pm (PST)
A lot of new cars would be nice, maybe some proto types..

And that interior idea sounds great.

Some missions or something? Like, i don't know, getting a car from a to b with a lot of police on your tail, robbing trucks (like 2 fast 2 furious) perhaps?

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Apr 23, 04 at 4:58pm (PST)
Development is well underway, count on it being some kind of teaser at E3 in video or possibly playable form.

EA To Own the Streets This Fall with Need for Speed Underground 2; Sequel to Best-Selling Racing Game of 2003 Offers Massive, Free-roaming Game World

April 23, 2004 Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS) today announced the development of Need For Speed(TM) Underground 2 under the EA GAMES(TM) brand. Need for Speed Underground 2 is the sequel to Need for Speed Underground, which has sold more than five million copies worldwide since its release in November 2003.
Need for Speed Underground 2 will challenge gamers to immerse themselves in the tuner culture, exploring an expansive, free-roaming city divided into five distinct neighborhoods. Gamers will encounter rival racers who will initiate events, tip players off to the hottest racing spots, and show them where to buy the most sought-after licensed aftermarket upgrades.

The game will feature new game modes, deep new performance customization and tuning, and more than 30 licensed cars. The game also delivers twice the visual customization upgrades as the original game, providing a staggering 70 billion possible car combinations for total automotive self-expression.

Need for Speed Underground 2 is currently under development by EA Canada and is scheduled for release in fall 2004 for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, Xbox(R) video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(TM), PC, and Game Boy(R) Advance. This game has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

Author:   The_Reckoning
Date:   Apr 25, 04 at 2:14pm (PST)
I just saw the first screenshot for Need for Speed Underground 2. It's on Gamespot.com. Man I can't wait for this game.

Author:   Sphinx
Date:   Apr 30, 04 at 1:10pm (PST)
Just to let you guys know, the Profile and Forum for NFSU2 have now been created

Author:   Sonic Street
Date:   May 02, 04 at 4:18pm (PST)
thx moderator anyway i hope just have everything better than NFSU such as better cars better craces ect.

Author:   bullit
Date:   May 13, 04 at 4:09pm (PST)
i hope there are cops & people standing in the street.

and better music with the option of custom soundtracks.

Author:   Red Dragon 1
Date:   May 14, 04 at 1:21am (PST)
...im fine with the cars....
uhh ...
-more wide body kits (ya 2 isnt that great of a selection )
-more body kits
-more hoods
-more spoilers
-more vinyls
-more custom vinyls ...(hopefully that look good )
-more rims
-have teams...(gang) ...like you have all these tournaments and the gang that wins gets points and stuff.... say theres like 5 racer on a team (gang) ... you get to customize your fellow racers...etc.

Author:   game freak 13
Date:   May 17, 04 at 10:18pm (PST)
i would also like to see a mustang in this game

Author:   peanutbutter
Date:   May 19, 04 at 11:04pm (PST)
i would like to be able to keep playing on the career instead of it just being accomplished and never be able to do it again.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.