Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Vertical bird - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6506/t979036-vertical-bird/

Author:   Dragon179
Date:   Aug 21, 07 at 2:30am (PST)
Subject:   Vertical bird
-------------------------------------------
I need some help with The mission vertical bird, I kill all the guys then I destroy the 2 hydras I don't need then I destroy the one that chases me. I get to the ships kill 2 and then I hit the cliff and ka-Blamo I am wasted. I don't care if you give me a cheat code cuz I use em on this save.

Can someone give me some help? I don't need a full guide just maybe the order I should destroy the ships or something helpfull

Author:   Neon Llama
Date:   Aug 21, 07 at 3:35am (PST)
Subject:   re: Vertical bird
When you get to the part where you destroy the ships, put the Hydra back into hover mode, and then blow the ships up with a missile.

If that still doesn't help you could look at some of the videos on You-Tube.

Vertical Bird Part One

Vertical Bird Part Two

Date:   Aug 21, 07 at 5:03am (PST)
Thanks a ton I will try that now

Author:   Ville_Valo
Date:   Aug 21, 07 at 7:49am (PST)
Get a run up. Fly at the boats from a distance, so you can fly over head and judge where the cliffs are from a distance. It'll take longer, but you can see better than just doing circles over the top of them.

Date:   Aug 21, 07 at 9:17am (PST)
I did it awhile ago, I did it straight after you told me how to neon thanks:D and thanks for helping too ville-valo

Author:   ninten kid
Date:   Aug 21, 07 at 10:02am (PST)
ok heres a guide ive made i do this all the time (ever since i fist did this mission)

needed stuff:nothing! but if ya want bring body Armour for safety and yeah maybe an ak-47 or m4

notes:you don't have to sneak if ya feel strong just fight through but there are quite a few of them armed with m4s so stealth is the key,you don't have to destroy the other hydras in the hydra bay or turn off Sam site (recommended) but these DO work

as soon as you get in there wait for the guard and mechanic to walk away then quickly sneak to the right crates jump on them and take cover in them and look around the edge to see if the mechanic who now is in a forklift has gone then go through the north eastern hatch then go up the stairs but when you get to them DON'T! go up the second stairs you don't have to and theres more guards up there so after going up the first stairs
crouch and equip your knife then sneak through the left open hatch then youl see that your in a lounge like room with food machines so go up behind the sofa and slice the army guards throat then hide IN the corner (any as long as your hidden from the guards in the north and west hatches.) then
equip your silenced pistol then when the western and northern guards come near to you (who should be hiding)
then kill them quietly after doing that go north to an open
hatch in the north east to get to a Sam site (missile defense room) so dis activate it then go west on the ship then keep going south where a guard was then you should wait for a third hydra to appear in the south of the hydra bay
then strap them with satchels so that the western hydra is the only hydra left (that way you only have to fight one)

then fly the hydra towards the Spie boats,on the way if ya did destroy the others there will be one but if ya didn't there will be three anyway kill the hydra(s) by targeting and firing then turn to slow flying and target and kill the Spie boats then once all are gone fly in fast mode to the airstrip and land in the hanger mission done...

Author:   SRU_ Benji
Date:   Aug 21, 07 at 11:20pm (PST)
yeah i screwed up a lot on this but i just switched to hover mode. that was easy

Author:   Zeek
Date:   Aug 22, 07 at 1:32am (PST)
I had trouble with this mission,but i passed it,anyways you can use tha invinsible vrhicles cheat:L1.L2,L2UP,DOWN,DOWN,UP.R1,R2,R2

tHOUGH I RECOMEND TO NOT USE THE CHEAT.

Author:   arachnophilia
Date:   Aug 22, 07 at 3:50am (PST)
i found that the vest way to do this one, and BY FAR the cheapest way, is to actually safely land you newly-stolen hydra somewhere in san fierro, pull out the heat-seaking rocket launcher, and blow the pursuing hydras out of the sky.

then take your time blowing up the ships.

Author:   Master Disaster
Date:   Aug 22, 07 at 7:06am (PST)
quote GTA legend
I had trouble with this mission,but i passed it,anyways you can use tha invinsible vrhicles cheat:L1.L2,L2UP,DOWN,DOWN,UP.R1,R2,R2

tHOUGH I RECOMEND TO NOT USE THE CHEAT.

Neither do I, that cheat seems to sell out when I'm on a mission...

Honestly, come on; Is this mission that hard with the Hydra? Just go to high altitude, and open areas and dogfight... 3 on 1, pull a loop, or try some stuff from that Dogfights show... I don't think they even try to shoot you down, to be quite honest. Then for those who want peace and no worries, when destroying those ships, just go back to hover and make sure you don't hit any cliffs... I like to pretend it's an F16, though, so no VTOL for me.

Date:   Aug 22, 07 at 8:21am (PST)
cmon guys! use my guide its the easiest mission on san andreas
(besides the first missions)

Author:   Ville_Valo
Date:   Aug 22, 07 at 12:18pm (PST)
Lol it is not the easiest! Air to ground combat is hard enough when you've flown the plane before! It is great fun though if you know what you're doing

Author:   Zeek
Date:   Aug 24, 07 at 2:31am (PST)
Just use the cheat,if it;s that hard for you,then deactivated it.

Author:   LeeH1989
Date:   Aug 27, 07 at 2:54am (PST)
its not too hard, the easiest part is flying the jet.

Date:   Aug 27, 07 at 2:16pm (PST)
who used my guide it works who used it?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.