Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The 'Unknown' cheat? - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6506/t805803-unknown-cheat/3.htm

Author:   djcool345
Date:   Dec 27, 06 at 6:52pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The 'Unknown' cheat?
-------------------------------------------
quote Coi Cki
There isn't a 3D model of a shark in the game, but a silhouette of a shark. I've seen it twise. First time over at the end of the big pier in Santa Maria and the second time under the Gant Bridge.

And every time i mention it here, i'm told i saw a dolphin.
Well, i, for one, can tell a dolphin from a shark. And a 3D model from a 2D silhouette.

The silhouette vanishes slowly, just like the sailboat silhouettes do in Vice City.

Now, you can keep on telling it's just another dolphin, but i know what i saw.
I've seen sharks too but i know no one will believe that i saw themNo one can tell me what i did and didn't see. Anyways it could be like a patch cheat that fixes glitches caused by cheats,or maybe it unlocks one of the 30 secrets

Author:   Ville_Valo
Date:   Dec 28, 06 at 11:56am (PST)
Attention!

I've done some hardcore research of this. This is what I have to say:

-It definately does NOT remove the cheat counter in the menu.
-I did some handling testing, it does not appear to have any affect. I used cars I knew, tailwhipping them until I was sure I was used to the handling, then trying the same with the cheat. No affect.
-I spent 20 or so minutes driving around (in the ghetto I might ad), and I saw one police chase. I expected at least one, I am quite sure that isnt what the cheat does.

My honest opinion is that its an easter egg of sorts, that all it does is bring up the 'Cheat Activated' sign, and activate the chime.

Date:   Dec 28, 06 at 3:36pm (PST)
Maybe, because i notice when you enter the cheat a second time it still says cheat activated rather than deactivated, which is what the weather cheat does.Ideas?

Author:   Master Disaster
Date:   Dec 28, 06 at 6:16pm (PST)
Ever stop to think that R* made it contradict what some of you have been saying? It just raises your cheat counter. Makes you dirtier and dirtier. Nothing more.

Author:   I_like_keys
Date:   Dec 28, 06 at 7:10pm (PST)
Maybe it is used to unlock the EPSILON PROGRAM!

Author:   Tank420
Date:   Dec 28, 06 at 8:24pm (PST)
god so many kids wondering this cheat does. well what it does is its a cheat that increases your cheat meter by making you input a useless cheat over and over and over again
kind of like a R* prank eh!

Date:   Dec 28, 06 at 8:27pm (PST)
quote Tank420
god so many kids wondering this cheat does. well what it does is its a cheat that increases your cheat meter by making you input a useless cheat over and over and over again
kind of like a R* prank eh!

Uh, but, that's what I just said...

Or were you just restating my point, as you also believe that I'm on the right trail? If so, nevermind.

Really, though. That's apparently all the cheat does. Makes you guiltier and guiltier, adding more cheats to your Stats. Sucks, huh?

Date:   Dec 29, 06 at 5:45am (PST)
It should add 1000 cheats instead of just one to your counter. Pwnage, R* style.
quote djcool345
Maybe, because i notice when you enter the cheat a second time it still says cheat activated rather than deactivated, which is what the weather cheat does.Ideas?
Does it really say that? It doesn't say deactivated for other cheats that you can turn on and off...
I think you're wrong. But I've never used the weather cheat...Perhaps once or twice.

Date:   Dec 29, 06 at 7:50am (PST)
quote Ville_Valo
Does it really say that? It doesn't say deactivated for other cheats that you can turn on and off...

Trust me, holmes. It does. You're just not reentering the cheats correctly. As far as I know, the Country theme, Funhouse theme, and Spawn/Gimme cheats are "one-way".

Date:   Dec 29, 06 at 8:30am (PST)
Yeah but this guy:
quote djcool345
Says that it actually says 'Cheat Deactivated'. I'm pretty sure, when entering the traffic cheat, it just says cheat activated every time. Although the traffic does go away and come back.

Date:   Dec 29, 06 at 8:37am (PST)
quote Ville_Valo
Yeah but this guy:
quote djcool345
Says that it actually says 'Cheat Deactivated'. I'm pretty sure, when entering the traffic cheat, it just says cheat activated every time. Although the traffic does go away and come back.

It does. Whenever I'm done with Rioting, I just enter the same cheat, and it says "Cheat Deactivated". You probably mistook "Activated" and "Deactivated"; I've been known to do so.

Date:   Dec 29, 06 at 9:10am (PST)
Perhaps, but I'm still gunna test it tomorrow. Who knows, I might learn something.
The other day I learnt there is an actual basketball minigame. I knew you could play...but theres a minigame!

Date:   Dec 29, 06 at 4:32pm (PST)
quote Ville_Valo
It should add 1000 cheats instead of just one to your counter. Pwnage, R* style.
quote djcool345
I think you're wrong. But I've never used the weather cheat...Perhaps once or twice.
When you turn certain cheats off (like phsyco drivers) they say cheat deactivated,I'm probably just thinkin aloud.

BTW it wouldn't really make my cheat counter a lot higher because i use regular cheats for that

Date:   Dec 29, 06 at 6:56pm (PST)
quote djcool345
quote Ville_Valo
quote djcool345
When you turn certain cheats off (like phsyco drivers) they say cheat deactivated,I'm probably just thinkin aloud.

BTW it wouldn't really make my cheat counter a lot higher because i use regular cheats for that

Well, yeah, but you're, well, "wasting" a cheat. See, all those other cheats,you have a use for. This onej ust raises it by 1, just to "waste" it.

Author:   venom
Date:   Dec 29, 06 at 7:05pm (PST)
quote the knowledge
I know what it is,
it increases the chances of peds having police chaces.
Yeah that's the effect it has. I tried it once and there was a pedestrian being chased by the police every minute or two.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.