Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The next GTA Game - After San Andreas 5! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6506/t578170-next-gta-game-after-san-andreas-5/

Author:   Daisy
Date:   Aug 21, 05 at 11:52pm (PST)
Subject:   The next GTA Game - After San Andreas 5!
-------------------------------------------
Continued from here.

Author:   elementsk8tadood
Date:   Aug 21, 05 at 11:54pm (PST)
Subject:   GTA 4 (the game After San Andreas)
just fixing the heading

Author:   elementsk8tadood
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 12:10am (PST)
Subject:   re: GTA 4-the one after GTA: SA
Well!!! Grand Theft Auto (the very first one) included Liberty City, San Andreas and Vice city in it thats why there was no Grand Theft Auto 4 when Grand Theft Auto: Vice City came out. So they were just finishing the series with the last two. For a while my friends and i thought the next one you would play as Luigi when he was Young (From GTA 3he owned the club)but then we found out that the series was completed which means a whole new series will be created when GTA 4 does hit the stores which means most likely from past GTA games this one will be set in the UK b/c after the 1st GTA they made a GTA UK... ya see so there might be many GTA games in this series also. i don't know.. lets hope for the best. this was just continued from the old one

Author:   The Whole Dam Show
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 12:57am (PST)
Subject:   re: The next GTA Game - After San Andreas 5!
yeah I think europe is the next setting

Author:   GangstaOnline
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 1:22am (PST)
i hope its in england, preflebly manchester which is a ghetto all round. my manor too.

Author:   Da Balla
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 1:32am (PST)
it gotta be new yawk again...man it got all the crime there..perfect for GTA.i kno libirty city was supposed to be there,but it'll be cool if it could be again.or puerto rico

there should be

1: Brooklyn
2: Queens
3: The Bronx
4: Manhattan
5: Staten Island

anyone kno what new yorks finest looks like?

hell,im embarresed to say,thats where im living in now.

Author:   spark plug
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 7:46am (PST)
You live in a warehouse?? How about a, TV like you walk into a restaurant or your safehouse and you can see on the news, tape about your latest robbery or latest rampage around the city ( I mean in the xbox version they can show you replays, this would just b an extended cooler kind of replay). Or you could hear about it on the radio, (obviously it couldn't go into too much detail cause they would have to record it all b4 you play the game) you just do sumn and it would activate like a urgent news report on a station and they would talk about it, like how many cars exploded, how many ppl killed, and like how the person escaped the scene just b4 the police arrived, that'd be cool

Author:   mekid21
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 8:10am (PST)
I dunno if there will be another GTA game for a while. R* is under all that heat from the "hot coffee" problem, plus they have a ton of ultra-violent games comming out in the next year, I think they're going to take a break, like they did hafter GTA2.

Author:   spark plug
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 8:20am (PST)
Well even if they were in production (which I doubt) it would still take a few years for completion, cause for one its gonna b on a next gen. console which is gonna b new for the makers of the game, and also it'll probably have to surpass san andreas as a whole, so it'll have to have more effects, better graphics, better features, more story, bigger/same amount of area, (which is gonna take a hell of a long time its self) there gonna need testers to make sure that theres no glitches and in a game that size it'll take a loooong time, so I sadly have a feeling we wont b seeing it for another 2-4 years, (my opinion, maybe longer) unless they wanna throw together a quicky that'll suck but hold us off.

Wow that is one long run-on sentence

This message was edited by spark plug on Aug 22 2005.

Author:   matt__jon
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 12:28pm (PST)
Hey, took them 2 years to make San An, plus they need to make a new game engine (probably using the next gen Criterion engine, I suspect there is one or its in the making). Hey, they can take a while anyway cause I'm waiting for next gen console prices to drop.

Author:   Pyro187
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 1:05pm (PST)
Well I agree with elementsk8tadood. An overseas international setting would be perfect. They could have 3 major spin off cities just like in SA. I'm thinking London, Paris, and possibly an asian city such as Hong Kong. (you gotta have triads)

Author:   Puerto Rico
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 1:13pm (PST)
quote Da Balla
it gotta be new yawk again...man it got all the crime there..perfect for GTA.i kno libirty city was supposed to be there,but it'll be cool if it could be again.or puerto rico

there should be

5: Staten Island

anyone kno what new yorks finest looks like?

hell,im embarresed to say,thats where im living in now.
Are you kidding a GTA on Puerto Rico I live on Puerto Rico but Puerto Rico is to small. I prefer a GTA on England, or NY would be great
5: Staten Island.

Author:   Funk01
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 3:28pm (PST)
I don't care where they make it as long as they make it. This game is making them a ton of money, even after GTA SA have been pulled off most shelves. If they do decide to take a few years to make the next one because its on PS3 than they better put Liberty Citty Stories on PS2. I don't feel like buying PSP mainly for that one game. I think they will do the same as they did with GTA SA. Leave it on PSP for awhile than move it to the other ones. Hopefully next year.

Author:   matt__jon
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 4:48pm (PST)
I doubt it.

Well, it doesn't matter where the setting is or when it is, cause unless we hear it really blows, we're all gonna buy it anyway. Do a remake of London 1969, I'd like to hear the music from then.

Author:   The Whole Dam Show
Date:   Aug 22, 05 at 5:53pm (PST)
GTA in Hong Kong or Japan would be awesome.

Cuz in Midnight Club (Also made by rockstar)makes HK and Japan look so luxious and lively.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.