Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: what is this game rated - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6506/t407926-this-game-rated/

Author:   Driv3r_Maniac
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 3:37pm (PST)
Subject:   what is this game rated
-------------------------------------------
what is this game rated and why if it is Rp then what kind of things dose it have live bloos nudity like what cause my parents need to know to see if i can get it

Author:   RoPaDoPe
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 3:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: what is this game rated
It will be rated 18 - in UK, I think that's R in America?

Both other games were because of violence, drugs etc. It will definitely be 18 (R)

Author:   Driv3r_Maniac
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 3:41pm (PST)
but will it have nudity and alot of swearing and drugs

Author:   Fifth Column
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 3:44pm (PST)
All GTA's do, don't they?

This game's definitely going to get an M rating in the States. All of the previous games have gotten that same rating, and with the content we already know about from San Andreas, I'd say it's an absolute guarantee that this game will be rated Mature.

Author:   Daisy
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 3:48pm (PST)
Agreed. The last two were "M" for Mature, so I see no reason why the rating would go down. Most parents would not (and probably should not) buy this for a kid under, say, 13 or 14, even though that might be pushing it. Technically a game rated M should not be played by anyone under 17 or 18.

Author:   Funk01
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 3:59pm (PST)
Technically your right, but they don't sell that many games to people over 18. Even in my church i have kids telling me about the game. There is no nudity in Vice and GTA3 and probably won't be in GTA SA, but there will be girls close to being naked and alot of sexual references. There of course will be alot of violence and adult language. There are times in Vice were i wouldn't want a teen seeing it, like in the 'movie' studio, but mostly its not that bad of game.

Author:   coke_bear
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 5:02pm (PST)
quote Driv3r_Maniac
what is this game rated and why if it is Rp then what kind of things dose it have live bloos nudity like what cause my parents need to know to see if i can get it
RP is rating pending, in other words,the rating is still waiting to be decided or settled. But most likely the game will be rated M for mature (17+) as M is the highest rating there can be unless the game contains any direct nudity (AO: Adults Only) which is highly doubtful. M usually means strong language, violence, blood, etc. just like the past gta games have been rated. I hope this answers your question!

Author:   InFeRnO284
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 5:33pm (PST)
it will more than likely be rated M unles R* stretches it and makes it Ao

Author:   Michael13
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 5:56pm (PST)
Yeah, those 13 year olds, like my one magazine said, take GTA games too seriously and should not be in there hands (not to be mistaken with my 13-it's my favorite #-haha).

Author:   coke_bear
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 5:58pm (PST)
I dont think thats possibe. R* would have to show real life nudity, not that fake anime crap. If R* went ahead into making the game very accurate, las venturras (las vegas)will be crammed with strip joints, but I highly doubt R* included any thing we havent already seen (the strip joint in vc, for example).

Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 6:25pm (PST)
Well if they actually let the women strip naked or you and the hoes actually ****ed in the car, then it would probably be rated: A [for adults].

**Sorry for the sleezy talking .

Author:   Iommi
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 6:38pm (PST)
my brother is was 11-12 when he played vice city and gta 3 and it didn't offend him or anything.

Author:   Darkel
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 6:45pm (PST)
Well, just because a game has nudity doesn't mean it will receive an AO rating. If I remember correctly, BMX XXX had nudity (a lot of it too) and it was still M-rated, so I'm sure Rockstar will be able to push the content farther if they wanted to.

Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 6:47pm (PST)
That's your brother-some people that are juvenile, take shooting and seeing naked women on this game, seriously. Then they go shooting people up, ****ing hoes and shooting them and they're like 17 or so old. They put those ratings on to protect them from being sued.

*They should make it like going to a rated R movie-you should have to buy the game with an adult by your side if it is rated M [mature]or AO [adults only].

Author:   Seproth
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 7:47pm (PST)
My first M game was when I was 5 doom for snes and im pretty messed up but I never mimicked anything.

btw doom was mine not my dads or cousin or brothers all mine mhauahahahahahahaha

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.