Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: help please - traffic glitch/problem - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6506/t1660597-help-please-traffic-glitch-problem/

Author:   axell
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 4:19pm (PST)
Subject:   help please - traffic glitch/problem
-------------------------------------------
I´m kinda new here, so first of all I wanna say hello to everybody..
Needing some help here..so I´am playing my GTA SA on my ps2 and for some reason the traffic in the game went crazy somehow..
This thing happens on highways.
It is starting to drive me insane and playing like this is very difficult.
The cars on a highway just keep crashing into me and each other and they are driving so fast that I cannot even see them. Is it some kind of a glitch or something? Maybe because I used cheats?
Does anyone know why is this happening?
I´d be very appreciated for your help..
thanx, holla!

Author:   Randome
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 5:06pm (PST)
Subject:   re: help please - traffic glitch/problem
Welcome to the forum.

It's a glitch. It doesn't have anything to do with cheat codes. I got the same glitch in my PC version and it turned out to be a corrupt saved game, but the PS2 version is slightly different, so I can't be sure of what's causing it.

I guess you could start the game and go save, but save into a different, currently empty, save slot. Then turn your PS2 off and restart. See if the new saved game has the same glitch.

If that doesn't fix it, then I don't know, but you could contact R* support at: http://support.rockstargames.com/home

The worst that happens, is that it's a corrupt saved game. I was lucky enough to have an older saved game, so I didn't lose much progress. That's why it's always good to have more than one saved game.

Edited to correct a spelling error.

Author:   axell
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 6:25pm (PST)
Hey man thanks a lot! you saved me!!
it worked! so far so good. I saved the game into a different slot and now it´s fine!

Author:   Blue-Dragon
Date:   Jun 30, 11 at 11:18am (PST)
I would actualy like to see that glitch. If there was only a way to recreate the glitch.

Date:   Jun 30, 11 at 3:35pm (PST)
quote Blue-Dragon
I would actualy like to see that glitch. If there was only a way to recreate the glitch.
I believe there might be a way to recreate it (eventually) in my saved game, but the last time I saved, it was O.K. and I don't want to completely corrupt it.

Trust me, that glitch isn't anything you'd want into your game.

The cars on the usual roads usually work fine, but on the larger roads they spawn at the horizon and in a fraction of a second, they're already near you. The cars that see you, slow down, causing them all to crash into each-other and catch fire. The glitch usually fixes itself for any individual vehicle, that's been effected by anything, but all new spawns will drive super fast.

Author:   Blue-Dragon
Date:   Jun 30, 11 at 3:47pm (PST)
I think I have that glitch on my game then. Exept the catching fire part. When ever im on a highway all the cars go at top speed. Its hard to get on the highway without beign hit. They dont go as fast as you said but still pretty fast.

Date:   Jun 30, 11 at 4:46pm (PST)
You don't have a glitch. They're suppose to be really fast on those roads.

The reason they catch fire during the glitch, is that when the vehicles crash into eash-other at a very high speed, they can actually get stuck, partly inside each-other. This can sometimes happen in non-glitched games too. When that happens, the vehicle will lose its health in a few seconds.

Author:   guest276493749
Date:   Feb 09, 13 at 11:45am (PST)
did you use the faster gameplay cheat? cuz that could be your problem

Author:   bigb12
Date:   Feb 10, 13 at 8:39am (PST)
man that happened to me on my ps2 on the free way the cars are fast then crash and blow up but thanks for showing me how to fix it

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.